Do you think Zach is Hall of Fame worthy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Zach is Hall of Fame worthy?

TakeIt2DaHouse

Starter
Reaction score
The heart and determination he plays with I can see him in the Hall of Fame for sure and plus if you want to look at stats compare Zach and R.Lweis their stats are very similiar if not near even in most categories.Lewis gets more attention cause he killed 2 people.Zach has the work ethic and one of the biggest hearts in the NFL if not the biggest and has always been ranked 1-2-3 MLB every year he'd have a couple more pro bowls but everyone knows he got snuffed out of 2 or 3 just like taylor has. Zach has always been the anchor of the defense.
Hall of Fame for our beloved 54 that means a new number to retire.

Ray gets more attention because he's the best LB of his generation and is one of the best players in NFL history. I like Zach a lot, IMO he's the 2nd best MLB in the NFL but comparing him to Ray is barking up the wrong tree. How many Superbowls has Zach carried his team to? How many defensive player of the year awards has Zach won?

Not Yet.

He needs a few more years of very good play before he would be considered.

Normally players get in one of two ways - being an excellent player for a long time or being a dominant player that defines the position for a shorter time.

Or some combination thereof

I would...

I would say so to that Zack is HALL OF FAME bound, but he still has alot of work to do. WAR FINNSSSSSS!!!!

I love the way Zach plays with heart and guts but I don't think he will make it when he retires unless he really steps it up and the fins have success winning in the playoffs and maybe a super bowl title. He doesn't seem to stand out when you think of great lb's off the top of your head.

zach's a good lb, but he isn't in ray lewis's league. imo zach is a solid pro-bowl caliber lb, but he hasn't stepped up in the clutch and put his team on his back, and that's what i look for in a hall of famer. as of right now, seau is our only hall of famer, and he did his business with san diego.

zachseau13 said:
Not Yet.

He needs a few more years of very good play before he would be considered.

Normally players get in one of two ways - being an excellent player for a long time or being a dominant player that defines the position for a shorter time.

Or some combination thereof

^
What he said!

20.J.G.18 said:
Ray gets more attention because he's the best LB of his generation and is one of the best players in NFL history. I like Zach a lot, IMO he's the 2nd best MLB in the NFL but comparing him to Ray is barking up the wrong tree. How many Superbowls has Zach carried his team to? How many defensive player of the year awards has Zach won?

Ray gets more attention because he jumps all over the field and acts like a maniac. He brings the attention to himself. he jumps on a pile after the play is dead and jumps all over the place.
If he was just a quiet guy and played the way he does nobody would think he is as great as you say. A very good lb yes, but not as great as he is made out.

He has undoubtedly been very effective in the NFL, however, I would not classify him as a Hall of Famer...The only Hall of Famer on our roster now is probably Seau due to his play as a Charger and also due to his popularity..

Absolutely not, very good player but he was never a great player and certainly not an all-time great.

I think if the Dolphins win a Super Bowl and hes still playing or even if he keeps up his numbers the next few years and stays injury free and stays loyal to his team I think he can squeak in but if he wins a superbowl I think hes a lock for sure.

wazzy said:
I think if the Dolphins win a Super Bowl and hes still playing or even if he keeps up his numbers the next few years and stays injury free and stays loyal to his team I think he can squeak in but if he wins a superbowl I think hes a lock for sure.

He would need to play great on a SB winning team, that's not happening anytime soona nd he's not getting younger so I don't think he has enough.

nyjunc said:
He would need to play great on a SB winning team, that's not happening anytime soona nd he's not getting younger so I don't think he has enough.

Jim Kelly palyed great, but not on a SB winning team and he still made the HOF. This is not to say that Zach has matched Kelly's all time numbers, either.

Back
Top Bottom