Do you think... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think...

The Dude

This is not 'nam, this is football.
Reaction score
Do you think that the reason Miami seems to be no longer interested in picking a RB @ #2 is because Ricky is coming back or Ronnie Brown just isn't as good as his combine stats would have us beleive ?? If it is Ricky coming back i still think we should pick Arrington or someone later in the draft as insurance and if it is the later i am more and more leaning towards picking defense so hopefully we can trade down... DJ @ 7 maybe ??

On another note, i did my mock draft and people were talking about Saban picking Spears if we get a late 1st rounder but i don't know if it makes sense to take a DE when clearly a DT would be much more useful to the team faster... could Spears bulk up enough to start in the middle ? i thought i was like a LB/DE ? just some thoughts...

The Dude said:
Do you think that the reason Miami seems to be no longer interested in picking a RB @ #2 is because Ricky is coming back or Ronnie Brown just isn't as good as his combine stats would have us beleive ?? If it is Ricky coming back i still think we should pick Arrington or someone later in the draft as insurance and if it is the later i am more and more leaning towards picking defense so hopefully we can trade down... DJ @ 7 maybe ??

On another note, i did my mock draft and people were talking about Saban picking Spears if we get a late 1st rounder but i don't know if it makes sense to take a DE when clearly a DT would be much more useful to the team faster... could Spears bulk up enough to start in the middle ? i thought i was like a LB/DE ? just some thoughts...

No, i think we "aren't interested" because we are and its all to hide that fact, lol. That, combined with the fact that we REALLY want to trade down. IDK, I think IF we get stuck at 2 we will prolly go Edwards, if anything just to show teams that wouldn't trade up cuz they thought it was a bluff that we are serious and provoke a trade for him, but I hope it's Besnon, at #2 or by way of trade down I want Cedric.

Why do some of you think that Saban is stupid enough to rely on the idea that Ricky Williams will be coming back and will base his draft upon the idea that Ricky Williams will be coming back?

Jesus Christ! Some of you think Ricky Williams is suddenly going to change his mind, become a better person, and come back. What's worse, is you think Nick Saban is banking on that.

Even if Ricky doesn't come back, there should be no way we take a RB at the 2.

KB21 said:
Why do some of you think that Saban is stupid enough to rely on the idea that Ricky Williams will be coming back and will base his draft upon the idea that Ricky Williams will be coming back?

Jesus Christ! Some of you think Ricky Williams is suddenly going to change his mind, become a better person, and come back. What's worse, is you think Nick Saban is banking on that.

We seem to disagree on the relative merits of Mike Williams and Ronnie Brown. But I completely agree with you here. My dad was a sociology and psychology professor for 40+ years. When he heard about Ricky's social anxiety disorder he said someone of that age who had that problem to that degree wasn't a good investment for an NFL team. Regardless of the treatment or apparent success, there would be underlying problems that probably would impact and shorten his NFL career. He told me this within two days of Miami acquiring Ricky, and linked websites that supported his theory.

There is no way Saban can count on Ricky. He is an afterthought at best. You form your team without one thought in his direction. If he comes back or you get anything for his rights, that's pure bonus.

GrnMtnMan said:
Even if Ricky doesn't come back, there should be no way we take a RB at the 2.

Agreed. Runningback is just not a position you take at #2 overall. Any runningback can be great, if they have a good offensive line.

MARINO1384 said:
Agreed. Runningback is just not a position you take at #2 overall. Any runningback can be great, if they have a good offensive line.

Miami has had exactly one good running back in the last 30 years, and some of you think this is an easy position to fill.

ricky's done. he's not coming back. he's nowhere near football shape (i heard he lost like 30-40 lbs). He's a dopehead. Even if he called Coach Saban tonight and said, "Hey Coach, I'm ready to come back and play." I don't think it would affect Saban's draft one bit because Nick isn't that gullable. Ricky could change his mind 10 times between now and September.

KB21 said:
Miami has had exactly one good running back in the last 30 years, and some of you think this is an easy position to fill.

Everyone is forgetting the Sammie Smith's, Lorenzo Hampton's, Troy Stradford's etc. of the world.

This team FINALLY has a chance to draft a franchise tailback. A guy we can rely on and call our own and everyone is talking about getting a reciever.

WE DON'T NEED A RECIEVER!

Recievers are dime a dozen compared to franchise tailbacks.

All you have to do is look at the depth chart of our team right now and see 1.)Lamar Gordon at the top of the running back list...if that does'nt SCARE you into drafting a runner I don't know what will.

I really think Bong Boy is coming back too and Saban knows that. I really don't want him back but I believe that is what's going to happen.

That being said, we need to draft someone else but not necessarily a high pick guy - someone in the 3rd round like Arrington.

Gonna be an exciting day tomorrow no matter what happens!

unifiedtheory said:
Everyone is forgetting the Sammie Smith's, Lorenzo Hampton's, Troy Stradford's etc. of the world.

This team FINALLY has a chance to draft a franchise tailback. A guy we can rely on and call our own and everyone is talking about getting a reciever.

WE DON'T NEED A RECIEVER!

Recievers are dime a dozen compared to franchise tailbacks.

All you have to do is look at the depth chart of our team right now and see 1.)Lamar Gordon at the top of the running back list...if that does'nt SCARE you into drafting a runner I don't know what will.

This posted actually pissed me off enough to reply back at a friends house...

Are you forgetting that there are a lot more franshise runningback is a lot easier to come by in the NFL and this draft? I am not for a reciever with the 2nd overall nor am I for a runningback with the 2nd overall. But I do see the facts.

1) The NFL provides many more good runningbacks compared to wide recievers
2) The NFL draft provides many more and better runningbacks than wide recievers.

We will draft a RB in the draft, just not the #2.
I dont know if we should take a WR with the #2 but it is a better idea in this draft than it is to take a RB.

kizzaboo said:
This posted actually pissed me off enough to reply back at a friends house...

Are you forgetting that there are a lot more franshise runningback is a lot easier to come by in the NFL and this draft? I am not for a reciever with the 2nd overall nor am I for a runningback with the 2nd overall. But I do see the facts.

1) The NFL provides many more good runningbacks compared to wide recievers
2) The NFL draft provides many more and better runningbacks than wide recievers.

We will draft a RB in the draft, just not the #2.
I dont know if we should take a WR with the #2 but it is a better idea in this draft than it is to take a RB.

I disagree. It seems RB is more important since we went 4-12 when we lost ours. If it is so easy to find a RB in the NFL, why didn't we get one when Ricky left last year?

heres an idea......trade that 2nd rounder from the Surtain deal.....and GET ALEXANDER......then do whatever you want......i would just wet myself if we did that. Then trade out of 2 spot.....stockpile picks and build around alex...chambers...mcmichael and others.....

Fins05:NewHope said:
heres an idea......trade that 2nd rounder from the Surtain deal.....and GET ALEXANDER......then do whatever you want......i would just wet myself if we did that. Then trade out of 2 spot.....stockpile picks and build around alex...chambers...mcmichael and others.....

No way..

#1) Saban already made it clear that he wasn't going to go throwing picks around like wannstedt did. He covets that 2nd round pick and isn't going to trade it off.

#2) THere's no way we could afford it. We'd be in worse shape than we were before we traded surtain.

Back
Top Bottom