Do you wanna stay at 16 or trade down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you wanna stay at 16 or trade down?

MiamiDolphins34

Active Roster
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

I wana trade down and get the 2nd back.We could get a Bobby Carpenter and Gabe Watson or Jon Scott and a good safety in the 3rd.

I want to draft Daunte Whitner (spelling) out of Ohio State. He will be the best value there, and could be a true impact player that we need in our secondary

If another team wants to give up a nice pick and we dont drop THAAT far down in the draft, I'm cool with that. I'm also cool with staying right there and taking the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. whether that's V. Young, or M. Huff, (both those guys will likely be gone at 16) or whoever. I do prefer if they'd draft the BEST safety or Corner available!

It depends who is on the board and if anyone slipped. However, I would expect Miami to trade down if the right opportunity presents itself. That being said, Chad Greenway and Donte Whitner are outstanding players who can help now and help later.

If a top-12 guy has slipped then we stay. But if the guy we are looking at will be available 4 or 5 picks later we can look into trading down

tylerdolphin said:
If a top-12 guy has slipped then we stay. But if the guy we are looking at will be available 4 or 5 picks later we can look into trading down

Agree. Imagine trading down and getting Manny Lawson/Chad Greenway, who have a possibility of dropping to us the late 1st round. Then using our 2nd round pick on a safety like Ko Simpson or possibly Darnell Bing. To good to be true scenario.

Back
Top Bottom