Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning?

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning as the starting quarterback for 2012?

• Total voters

Blake the great

Active Roster
Reaction score
If the doctors tell him he can play, even if he isnt 100% healthy or fully recovered, do you still want Manning to be the starting quarterback next season?

Hell yeah if he is healthy, he automatically puts us in the Super Bowl hunt.

If he isnt 100 percent no way if he is yep! Manning/rg3 or bust.... theres always matt moore though who I still like.

I just think we could sign Manning and still draft someone, thats like the perfect senario and we still have Matt Moore as the back up

I doubt Manning even entertains the idea of playing or signing with another team until hes healthy.

After that ......HELL YES!

Yes I want manning, especially if Wayne comes with him. If we then trade down and fix the line and grab fleener and a couple players on defense then we are instant superbowl contenders

I also would like to add that even a 80% healthy Manning is better than Matt Moore. but like I said, we should still draft a QB, maybe trade down in round one or take a QB in round two

As much as I know if he was 100% healthy he would make us a serious title contender, I would still be worried he is far more likely to be re-injured than the next QB. I know it's a different injury than what Marino had that ended his career. But when it comes to nerves, it's just too much risk for me to say let's invest a crap load of money and time into an aging QB. Best case scenario we get 4 years out of Manning. Plus can he play in a WCO, if we sign him to have him run his Colts O here? This decision is a lot more complicated than it may seem at 1st glance.

I would feel far less concerned with a Matt Flynn or one of the QB's in this years draft after Luck and RG3. They just seem far less risky to me than what Manning is probably going to go through this year. Shoot he may not even be ready to play this year, no one really knows.

As much as I know if he was 100% healthy he would make us a serious title contender, I would still be worried he is far more likely to be re-injured than the next QB. I know it's a different injury than what Marino had that ended his career. But when it comes to nerves, it's just too much risk for me to say let's invest a crap load of money and time into an aging QB. Best case scenario we get 4 years out of Manning. Plus can he play in a WCO, if we sign him to have him run his Colts O here? This decision is a lot more complicated than it may seem at 1st glance.

I would feel far less concerned with a Matt Flynn or one of the QB's in this years draft after Luck and RG3. They just seem far less risky to me than what Manning is probably going to go through this year. Shoot he may not even be ready to play this year, no one really knows.
I think everyone is a little nervous about his injury but I honestly think its a chance we need to take. This is one of the greatest QBs ever and even though he is up there in age he still puts up top 5 numbers. Manning is also a great player to have in the locker room. If we do sign him, then its also telling me our FO wants to win now! I'm all up for taking the chance on manning. Also if we take a shot on manning then there is a strong possibility Wayne could come.

NO!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

its not so much the injury thing for me, its how much he is going to cost. and anyone thinking peyton is walking in here and signing for some budget contract is shooting liquid crack, pcp and lsd in their eyeball!!!

and anyone who thinks this team is a super qb away from the bowl is shooting the same drugs and if we sign manning, we wont be getting the pieces we need. it will be back to low budget, cast off free agents like the colts have had to do since they gave manning that mass salary and ending in a 2 win season.

we need starters, big time playmakers in several spots and we need depth at ALL positions. we hand out manning type contracts and its all over before it even gets started.

think folks. dont dream, think!!

If healthy - Yes, If not healthy - No. I'd imagine that is what most will say.

The fact is we have no idea if he is going to be healthy. Even if he is cleared by doctors he could go down in his first game back, second game back etc. The only way to know for sure is when he comes through a full season or so unscathed, meaning the team that signs him will be taking a big risk with that big contract he'd demand. Even if he did come through the season I doubt he'd be playing at his best, or even close to it after such a long time out. He is also 36 in March. How many years does he have left to play at an elite level? Would the Colts really let him go if he was still at his best?

Then again the fins haven't been close to a superbowl for over a decade and Manning had that god awful Colts team being a contender every season. A healthy Peyton Manning would make the fins a serious contender for the Lombardi trophy. For that reason, along with the fact it isn't my money, I'll go with yes. Unless of course Philbin believes Matt Flynn is the real deal who can lead the franchise for 10+ years then I'd say let another team take the risk on Manning, and we'll roll with Flynn.

NO!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

its not so much the injury thing for me, its how much he is going to cost. and anyone thinking peyton is walking in here and signing for some budget contract is shooting liquid crack, pcp and lsd in their eyeball!!!

and anyone who thinks this team is a super qb away from the bowl is shooting the same drugs and if we sign manning, we wont be getting the pieces we need. it will be back to low budget, cast off free agents like the colts have had to do since they gave manning that mass salary and ending in a 2 win season.

we need starters, big time playmakers in several spots and we need depth at ALL positions. we hand out manning type contracts and its all over before it even gets started.

think folks. dont dream, think!!
all very good points...
however if peyton manning is healthy and is cleared by the doctors to play. why wouldn't we take a pissed off manning,with a giant chip on his shoulder ?
i'm not saying we are sb contenders with him, but we'd be pretty dam close.
and closer than we are now.
also taking a chance on manning totally changes the off season priorities, we could draft for once, best player available (imo) instead of selling the farm for trading up in the draft.
i know this doesn't solve our long term qb problem, but this is peyton freaking mannnig. imo

I say do it. But don't expect him to last long. Absolutely enjoy the ride, but we better draft another talented qb, even if we took peyton.

i would be okay with it if we draft a qb 1st round and he is given a few years to sit, like rodgers did

Back
Top Bottom