Doctors win, "Lemmings" lose! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doctors win, "Lemmings" lose!

Doctors win, "Lemmings" lose!

Doctors are reported to have reported to Dolphins management, that Tua is no more prone to concussion injuries then any other human being.

A win for the Dolphins from the Doctors.

And now for the "Lemmings" response; how will the "Lemmings" display their loss in this argument?

1) Will they ignore this information and remain Silent?
I don't think they are capable of silence.
2) Will they claim they know more than the Doctors and say Tus is prone to concussions and prove they are losers?
I see this as one of their probable actions.
3) Will they provide false evidence to support their "Tua is prone to concussion" premise and prove they are losers?
I also see this as one of their probable actions.
4) Any chance they will go away with their tail between their legs?
I wish. - LOL

"Attention - "Lemming" Bait" - LOL
Let those whiners who are "Lemmings" squeak up! - LOL
The lemmings will curl up in fetal position, but from this position they will still post negative senseless **** to counter any science or physicians statements. They will also say Tua "identifies" as being concussion prone.

I wish the follow up question would’ve asked if players aren’t anymore prone, then why did Fins keep Tua out an extra game after he cleared protocol on the 1st diagnosed concussion?

I thought it was for the reason they debunked so I don’t understand the logic then?
Let me take a stab at that.

The NFL concussion protocol is a joke. Players are not held out NEARLY long enough. I've been to classes taught by brain injury professionals...and they all said, it takes 1-2 months for the brain to heal.

Let me take a stab at that.

The NFL concussion protocol is a joke. Players are not held out NEARLY long enough. I've been to classes taught by brain injury professionals...and they all said, it takes 1-2 months for the brain to heal.
True because every concussion is different. Add to that every individual is different. But overall the science supports the position the NFL/Phin Doctors statement. It is an extremely imperfect science. I have suffered more than a few concussions in my life as a result of many things (IED, fists, falling on ice, even a boom mic LOL) and every time, the recovery was different. Many friends insist I've still never recovered. :)

True because every concussion is different. Add to that every individual is different. But overall the science supports the position the NFL/Phin Doctors statement. It is an extremely imperfect science. I have suffered more than a few concussions in my life as a result of many things (IED, fists, falling on ice, even a boom mic LOL) and every time, the recovery was different. Many friends insist I've still never recovered. :)
We had a couple of officials retire when then learned just how dangerous that concussions really were... and this was only a couple of years after a kid died on one of our fields.
People that pooh pooh this have no idea what they are talking about.

I think what the doctors are trying to say doesn't actually conflict with most of your rant. Concussions in general are not easily diagnosed. Certainly they are not cut and dry like an ACL or a broken bone. There is no debate that Tua needs to make a big adjustment in how he processes the situation when he's under pressure from the opponent. I am absolutely certain that this will become a major point of his offseason development with both his personal trainer and the team trainer. His size has no effect on that. He's not particularly small - 6'1" and 217 lbs...he's had some ankle issues that were cleared up with tightrope surgery and a very unfortunate and severe hip dislocation that thankfully looks like it has healed satisfactorally. He has not had concussion issues in the past...just this year - where he had a series of concussions in a relatively short period of time. As we are all learning during this journey, that is not good. He showed a lot of fight in trying to take the field and in hindsight, probably came back to early. Now he is healing up and has the time in the offseason to completely re-evaluate how he approaches the position. For the record, he has had a thumb, cracked ribs from a vicious hit in Buffalo by Epenesa (behind the worst Oline in the NFL). Anyway, to say that he can't stay on the field is overblown. He is recovering from a series of concussions in a short period of time. If you accept that he has shown remarkable improvement under McD and a significantly improved OLine (not where we want it but night and day from 2021) then you must accept that he deserves to recover. What you cannot do is compare the concussions to a "befallen illness" because they are not an illness. How you personally handle Tua getting hit in the future is kinda up to you...sure hold your eyes tightly and pray to any God that listens...whatever works for you! The Dolphins are putting their money on Tua and so am I. Sounds like you are too but with conditions...fair enough. Tua can be great - on that we can agree!
excellent post

Why is this information coming out AFTER the playoff game? Kind of odd timing

NFL willed it to be so. If it came out last Monday or Tuesday, Tua might have played, and what Miami got from the QB position would have been times ten better effectiveness.

Miami might have beat the Bills.

NFL HEADQUARTERS
20230117_232831.gif

Pretty telling that our GM is noncommittal about picking up Tua's 5th year option.

Also for a card carrying member of Tuanon to be calling people who don't want to suffer with a QB who can only play 10 games a season "lemmings" is hypocrisy of the tallest order.

When you look up Lemming in the dictionary there is a picture of Ray!

alanis morrisette GIF

I went back and watched 8 games Tua played at Alabama. I made sure to sample from each season. Two aspects stood out beyond all others. First, his passes really labored, especially the midrange loopers. I was really shocked by that. At the time I thought his arm was fine. Now I can look back and see that the way those 20 yard passes really hang in the air doesn't translate well at all to the NFL. Kudos to the posters who spotted it at the time. It's also very obvious that Tua's arm strength hasn't changed at all, despite the persistent offseason hype.

Secondly, Tua was considerably thinner in college. I've seen djphinfan emphasize that Tua needs to commit to a conditioning program and get rid of that midsection.

I'm not going to harp on the concussion issue. Obviously it's serious but at this time last year it wouldn't have made a Top 20 list of Tua concerns. I prefer long term variables.

The first time I watched Tua with the Dolphins he looked somewhat overmatched by the league. I'll stick with that as the primary concern. He's not someone who can create on his own. He can't operate with ordinary skill position teammates or within a standard offense. Those looping passes will come back to bite him unless everything is crafted in his favor. The Dolphins need to decide if that's the route they want to take long term.

That first round of the playoffs is not much of a guideline because there are still too many very ordinary teams involved. To answer the Tua question we really needed him to remain healthy and for the Dolphins to manage a better regular season record and advance to a winnable playoff game. Advance to the second round and you start to get a glimpse of what is required to win 3 straight games against Cream teams.

Aaand right on cue. Just lol @ the talking head clowns doing mental gymnastics because they can't accept the medical professionals' opinion that Tua isn't more prone to concussions than other players and that Miami has announced that Tua will be QB1 going into next season.

I dont think Mason Rudolph was in the draft with Tua.

I don't think I said anything about drafting Mason Rudolph.

Yes. They were in different draft classes.
Yes, Tua should not have been drafted, he was undraftable. And if you need a QB, a young QB, at that time when Tua was in the draft, It is much better to trade a 3rd rd puck and get Mason Rudolph than to spend 5th overall pick on a QB who you should not draft anyway.

Pretty telling that our GM is noncommittal about picking up Tua's 5th year option.

Also for a card carrying member of Tuanon to be calling people who don't want to suffer with a QB who can only play 10 games a season "lemmings" is hypocrisy of the tallest order.

When you look up Lemming in the dictionary there is a picture of Ray!

alanis morrisette GIF

The picture in question:

1674059924715.png

The dog sitting on that big, fat, ugly (aren't they all - ha-ha), dead "Lemming" is a Basenji.
I was the one taking the picture. - LOL

You can't even get a simple fact, like the one you presented, right.
Suprise, Suprise, Suprise. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom