does 0-2 make you hate ricky less? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

does 0-2 make you hate ricky less?

VJ1252

Practice Squad
Reaction score
after watching the phins start 0-2 and our line look worse than last year, do you guys still hate ricky as much as you did before? personally I was very angry when he left because i realistically thought we could win the super bowl. now, I am not as mad. especially after the lines horrendous play. i mean even if we had ricky i dont think we would be making the playoffs this season. and please dont give me this your not a fan cr@p. I am just being realistic. at the very least ricky leaving could be the final nail in the coffin for wannstedt. in fact I dont think ricky looks as stupid as he did before. I think he realized at some point after the QB schools that the line was still gonna be horrible and that the team wouldnt go anywhere with the current coaching staff. He realized he was going to get killed again this year for nothing and instead of taking a pounding he decided to get high and run. So this is what goes on in ricky's mind well I can take year off and not get killed behind this o-line, after a year I can go to oakland and play for the raiders who have lincoln kennedy, robert gallery, and another rookie OL who is supposed to be pretty good. I am not trying to justify what ricky did it was still a very selfish thing to do. I am just saying that I hate him less knowing we wouldnt have won the SB with him on this pathetic excuse for an offense.

P.S. as for the drug tests call me crazy, but i beleive ricky when he said that he got caught smoking because he was ready to retire.

VJ1252 said:
after watching the phins start 0-2 and our line look worse than last year, do you guys still hate ricky as much as you did before? personally I was very angry when he left because i realistically thought we could win the super bowl. now, I am not as mad. especially after the lines horrendous play. i mean even if we had ricky i dont think we would be making the playoffs this season. and please dont give me this your not a fan cr@p. I am just being realistic. at the very least ricky leaving could be the final nail in the coffin for wannstedt. in fact I dont think ricky looks as stupid as he did before. I think he realized at some point after the QB schools that the line was still gonna be horrible and that the team wouldnt go anywhere with the current coaching staff. He realized he was going to get killed again this year for nothing and instead of taking a pounding he decided to get high and run. So this is what goes on in ricky's mind well I can take year off and not get killed behind this o-line, after a year I can go to oakland and play for the raiders who have lincoln kennedy, robert gallery, and another rookie OL who is supposed to be pretty good. I am not trying to justify what ricky did it was still a very selfish thing to do. I am just saying that I hate him less knowing we wouldnt have won the SB with him on this pathetic excuse for an offense.

P.S. as for the drug tests call me crazy, but i beleive ricky when he said that he got caught smoking because he was ready to retire.

that is a positive way to look at it.

no, I dont hate RW for doing what he did. I just wished he told the FO sooner. I can understand why he would quit & i do understand why a lot of ppl hate & are pissed at him.

i believe that we did good in trading for him, too bad we only got to see him play for us for two years.

im more disappointed than anything.

on a different note, we should be thankful he did it at the start of the season. even though it did devastate our chances of going to the playoffs, its better than having him quit during the middle or end of the season esp if we were in the playoff hunt.

i hope we will be able to trade him & get compensated for this mishalf.

he quit b/c he failed drug tests and wanted more $$$ to play.....any other reason originally given was crap (i.e. touring the world etc.).

If his original statements were true (until failed drug tests were announced) I would have said good for him to go and be happy but that their is a right and wrong way to do things and he did it the wrong way.

That said.....he didn't quit to go be at peace for himself but rather he didn't want to pay the huge fines for the failed drug tests and wanted more $$ to keep pounding away. And taking a year off......well...we still own his rights so he wouldn't be guaranteed to wind up in Oakland or anywhere for that matter.

I don't hate him.....but good riddance.

Back
Top Bottom