Does any of the NFLE Players have a chance? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does any of the NFLE Players have a chance?

Show Me Your TDs

My head's on Fire!
Reaction score
Does anyone think any of the NFLE players have an actual chance of making the team? Brendan Givan has made some noise as a MLB and has some potential. Carl Morris has been an great reciever but a little inconsistent. Leonard Henry was great in the 2 starts but has been injured and yet to play in an NFL game. Alphonso Roundtree was one of the last cuts last year in training camp and spent some time on our roster. He is a typical physical DB who can play. If we carry 5 CB's he will have to beat out Korey Banks who is not as physical but plays around the ball. Clint Stoerner will not make this team. Oh well. Ronald Bellamy will not make this team either and will be lucky to be signed back to the Practice Squad. Nick Davis had potential to be a good returner but can't stay healthy. Anyone I'm forgeting?

I think Leonard Henry will make this team if he is healthy which he should be.
Roundtree will have a tough battle and if he has any left after playing 10 games he can be a good cover corner for us as a #5. (But I want Banks to make it). Morris and Givan will be cut and placed on our PS. ???????????thoughts??????????????????

Leonard Henry most likely. Roundtree and Givan have the next best shot, but might be the odd men out. Although I like Morris, he's just too incosistent.

Btw I'm impressed with QB Rohan Davey. He has a cannon for an arm! I wish we could have drafted him and not the dreaded Patsies :(

Yeah I was watching some replays of Davey and he looks like a potential number one QB. Now I know he is playing in Europe but come on. Oh well.

As for Davey, I like Feeley for now. He's got a good arm that will really surprise you. There are throws that he makes that we just haven't seen here in Miami since 1999.

Anywho, Leonard Henry is going to have a tough time because he's been on injured reserve in NFL Europe since week 3. I don't know what his injury status is as far as participating in training camp. I don't think its a coincidence we have Fred Russell and are looking at signing RB James Allen. Normally Russell would compete with Henry for the roster spot, but now Russell might get that by default because of Henry's injury, and you don't want that to happen because Fred is just an undrafted free agent no matter his quickness and speed. Allen would be here to give Russell a run for his money.

I don't see Brendan Givan making the team. We rarely (as phinstigator points out) carry 7 linebackers into the start of the season, though we've done it at various points during a season I believe...and right now Moore, Jenkins, and Bua are pretty much assured roster spots as the backups. The question to me is if Pope will give one of them a run for his money, or might force Dave to rethink his strategy of carrying 6 linebackers.

Unfortunately if Carl Morris makes the team its because Wilkins sucks (and I personally think he does, we need a different returner) and probably because there's an injury. Right now I believe Boston, Chambers, and Derrius are assured roster spots, with Minnis, Newson, Wilkins, Tolver, Simmons, and Morris fighting for the last 2 (MAYBE 3) spots...and thats assuming some WR doesn't get cut soon unexpectedly and the Dolphins don't go after him like a hyena on a dead rabbit.

The guy I feel with the best shot might be CB Alphonso Roundtree. Once again he will compete with the likes of Korey Jenkins, to try and earn his way onto the roster. He's done well in NFL Europe...2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recovers, 2 interceptions, 11 pass breakups, about 34 tackles...started like 8 of 9 games. He's got 2 of the 3 interceptions the Claymores have on defense total. He has also impressed coaches enough to be tried on punt returns (2 returns for 13 yards, nothin major). And as for the Claymores defense they have the best pass defense (2nd best overall defense in the league despite having the fewest interceptions, and the 2nd fewest sacks. So what you have is Roundtree being part of a defense that covers well despite not sacking or intercepting balls and yet Roundtree is doing his fair share in the interception department (only 5 people in the league have more picks than Roundtree).

He did well in camp last year..impressed people with his physical play. I think he could make it since we always seem to keep one too many defensive backs.

Well said CK, though the CB Roundtree is battling with is Korey BANKS. Jenkins is one of the LB's Givan has to beat to win a roster spot.

Ohiophinphan said:
Well said CK, though the CB Roundtree is battling with is Korey BANKS. Jenkins is one of the LB's Givan has to beat to win a roster spot.
Although his main competition is probably Banks, he may be battling Jenkins for a ST spot!? I think that is what CK was referring to.

it might come down to who can win the 53 man roster spot. Last year after losing Otis Leverette in 2002, we kept FA Otis Grisby even though he would never see the field that year. If any of these players come and play lights out football, the FO might have to keep one in favor of cutting someone else, which I highly doubt. (If its going to be any player pushing for the last spot its going to be Fred Russell if he proves to be able to return KO without getting punished)

Back
Top Bottom