Does Anybody Else Think that Jamaal Brown Might Make A Better LT than RT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Anybody Else Think that Jamaal Brown Might Make A Better LT than RT

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting the Dolphins should necessarily draft him, but Jamaal Brown has the height, quickness, and upper body strength of an LT it would seem to me. Does anyone else think that he resembles the mold of a LT far better than a RT?

:yes: He has good feet and he isn't overpowering enough in the run game for RT in the NFL

Interesting. Hes been somewhat under the radar, and, in a draft class devoid of top tier Tackles, I thought he would slowly climb up the board by default.

Any more thoughts?

He had an impressive combine, I know that solidified his status in the first round. It's a wonder to me that other teams haven't mentioned this as more of a possiblity. Brown would be a far better fit at LT where his wingspan will help him.

Jaj said:
I'm not suggesting the Dolphins should necessarily draft him, but Jamaal Brown has the height, quickness, and upper body strength of an LT it would seem to me. Does anyone else think that he resembles the mold of a LT far better than a RT?

Actually I think he is better suited to be a LT. He has goot lateral movement, very long arms, and real good speed. He is excellent in pass protection. Which is what you want out of a LT. Where he lacks, is his run blocking, and a RT should be a road grader.

A higher percentage of Rb's are right handed, that's why they tend to run to the right more often. It keeps the ball tucked away in their stronger arm. That's my theory anyway. :)

So IMO, yes he would make a better LT.....

Ozzy said:
Actually I think he is better suited to be a LT. He has goot lateral movement, very long arms, and real good speed. He is excellent in pass protection. Which is what you want out of a LT. Where he lacks, is his run blocking, and a RT should be a road grader.

A higher percentage of Rb's are right handed, that's why they tend to run to the right more often. It keeps the ball tucked away in their stronger arm. That's my theory anyway. :)

So IMO, yes he would make a better LT.....

That's one of the lesser known reasons for RBs, it's also because of the DE alignment of the large DE being on the left side of the defense.

Back
Top Bottom