Does anybody know ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anybody know ???

DeDolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not that it makes any difference now and maybe it's been discussed elsewhere that i missed, but why did we have the wind in our faces during the 4th qtr? I have no idea what happened during the coin flip cuz they were showing the end of Indy/Tenn and didn't switch over until the kick off. seems to me we lost the toss since we kicked off so why didn't we defend the other goal first to have the wind at the end? I thought that was odd, even if we had won the toss and deferred, then we still would be able to chosse which goal to defend. i can't imagine anybody deferring in that kind of weather. Seems like the logical thing would be to have as many possessions as possible. But, like I said, it didn't wind up making any difference tho.

I was wondering the same thing.

Just another stupid move by our brilliant coaching staff I am sure.

Did we win the coin toss? If not then I'm sure that's why the Pats recieved to have the wind in the 4th.

We kicked off and chose the wind in the first quarter. Which is why we had it agian in the 3rd and not the 4th. I guess they thought they would take advantage early. I would have taken the wind in the 2nd & 4th anticipating a close game. This is much like having to kick from the dirt at Pro Player in the first meeting.

Originally posted by phintech
We kicked off and chose the wind in the first quarter. Which is why we had it agian in the 3rd and not the 4th. I guess they thought they would take advantage early. I would have taken the wind in the 2nd & 4th anticipating a close game. This is much like having to kick from the dirt at Pro Player in the first meeting.

R U KIDDING ME?
WANNY OPTED TO GO AGAINST THE WIND & SNOW ON THE ROAD?
NEXT THING YOU KNOW HE WILL BE OPTING TO KICK IN OVERTIME. GET HIM OUT!!!:confused: :fire:

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Did we win the coin toss? If not then I'm sure that's why the Pats recieved to have the wind in the 4th.

I'm not sure. That's the only way I can tell that NE had the wind if we did win the toss and that dumbassed Wannstedt deferred! According to the rule, the winners get their option of receiving or kicking and the loser chooses which goal to defend. It wouldn't make any sense for NE to have won, took the goal, and then for us to choose to kick. That would be just plain stupid, but then again, we have Wannstedt................................ :(

Back
Top Bottom