Does anybody remember.......? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anybody remember.......?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I Miss darkoak! :cry:
I do too, but there's a petition in the Lounge to get him reinstated, hey I might even have a link to it in my sig.:)

ih8brady said:
I'm saying that if Feeley is our long term answer QB(which he isnt based on age alone), then we prob wouldnt draft a QB for a long time.
I wouldn't reccomend ignoring the position in future drafts even if Feeley turns into the next Norm Van Brocklin....I mean if you uncover a gem you at least have trade bait..ya know?

Megatron said:
I agree it's alot of risk, but teams don't win championships by not taking risks on players.
Less risk= better chance of pay-off.

BLUESTIGIDY said:
I don't know why people can't understand these facts? The 1st 3 Rb's are sure shots----the first 2 Qb's are long shots to start within their rookie and sophmore seasons!!! We need results ASAP not developmental players that will pay-off 4 years from now.....:evil:
Imagine Feeley plays like he showed he's capable of, and we have any of the top three RBs with a year experience in 2006.

There'd be SB talk instead of..."I sure hope that Rodgers or Smith can take over" talk.

Or imagine that Feeley blows chunks and we're looking at taking a QB in the first round next year....how far are we really going to be behind the first scenario...another year maybe, at the least?

inFINSible said:
Penington, Ramsey, and Marino were drafted late in the first round, among a myriad of others.

Are Losman or Roethlisberger franchise QBs? Neither of them were chosen in the top 10....

If we strike out on a QB, we are going to have a giant cap-eating hole in our offense for years.
Pennington has been good, but not great, Ramsey hasn't proven anything, and niether has Losman. Getting a franchise QB later on in the draft is the exception not the rule. There is even more risk taking one there than at the top.

inFINSible said:
......the first quarter if the second buffalo game last year?

Remember when Feeley threw for three TDs in that quarter?

Remember why he was able to do it in the first quarter and not for the whole game?

Let me answer that one.....because in the first quarter buffalo's defense was playing us honest and respecting the run for some strange reason.......They weren't blitzing like crazy, they were dropping back into coverage and Feeley was picking them apart.

Of course after that proved to be a fruitless strategy, they ignored all threats of a running game and blitzed the living daylights out of us for the final three quarters, resulting in 5 INTs.

Don't you think if we had a legitimate running game that day, buffalo wouldn't have been able to blitz us relentlessly and would have had to play straight up, like they did in the first quarter?

Well call me crazy but, I'm thinking if we draft a RB that gives us a real running threat, we already have a QB that can light up a defense that isn't sending the house every play.

Have QB....need RB....simple as that.

:D

Nice post except you are blaming the wrong position. I dont care what running back we had last year, Brown , Benson, Caddy. Nobody would have been a threat behind that O-Line. Sanders himself wouldn't have gotten 1,000 yards last year. If our line wasnt so sad last your you would be right on the money, but considering, I think your a little off.

People say No QB would have been good behind last years line, well the same can be said about a RB.

Shamboubou said:
Nice post except you are blaming the wrong position. I dont care what running back we had last year, Brown , Benson, Caddy. Nobody would have been a threat behind that O-Line. Sanders himself wouldn't have gotten 1,000 yards last year. If our line wasnt so sad last your you would be right on the money, but considering, I think your a little off.

People say No QB would have been good behind last years line, well the same can be said about a RB.
A good back could have made buffalo pay for those blitzes.

With a better line this year and a top notch running back it won't even be a problem.

If we have a QB on the bench and Gordon in the backfield, it could be better but, but the odds are greatly reduced.

inFINSible said:

Remember why he was able to do it in the first quarter and not for the whole game?

Let me answer that one.....because in the first quarter buffalo's defense was playing us honest and respecting the run for some strange reason.......They weren't blitzing like crazy, they were dropping back into coverage and Feeley was picking them apart.

Of course after that proved to be a fruitless strategy, they ignored all threats of a running game and blitzed the living daylights out of us for the final three quarters, resulting in 5 INTs.

Don't you think if we had a legitimate running game that day, buffalo wouldn't have been able to blitz us relentlessly and would have had to play straight up, like they did in the first quarter?

Well call me crazy but, I'm thinking if we draft a RB that gives us a real running threat, we already have a QB that can light up a defense that isn't sending the house every play.

wrong. Buffalo's D was just resting :D

Feely just has the tendency to throw INT's. He been like that even when he was w/ the eagles.

Celtkin said:
I think that a big part of our run troubles had to do with run blocking (there wasn't any).

It all comes down to the OL.I like to trust Saban on this but I must say I am dubious about Houck making something out of our cast of OL.Will there be improvement?.You know there will be but will it be enough.?

inFINSible said:

Good point. but you highlighted feeleys weakness. 3tds in the 1st Quarter. +80% completion. he wasnt sacked until the second play on there 2nd drive in the 2nd quarter. after that he completed ess than 50% of his passes. the trick to beat feeley is to rattle his cage early and rattle it hard! this i believe will be minimised next year because he will be more confident

Back
Top Bottom