Does anybody remember.......? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anybody remember.......?

Great post and great point. Finally someone who uses facts to backup their words. I like your style.

inFINSible said:
......the first quarter if the second buffalo game last year?

Remember when Feeley threw for three TDs in that quarter?

Remember why he was able to do it in the first quarter and not for the whole game?

Let me answer that one.....because in the first quarter buffalo's defense was playing us honest and respecting the run for some strange reason.......They weren't blitzing like crazy, they were dropping back into coverage and Feeley was picking them apart.

Of course after that proved to be a fruitless strategy, they ignored all threats of a running game and blitzed the living daylights out of us for the final three quarters, resulting in 5 INTs.

Don't you think if we had a legitimate running game that day, buffalo wouldn't have been able to blitz us relentlessly and would have had to play straight up, like they did in the first quarter?

Well call me crazy but, I'm thinking if we draft a RB that gives us a real running threat, we already have a QB that can light up a defense that isn't sending the house every play.

Have QB....need RB....simple as that.

:D
i remember that game - STILL have it on my tivo to watch every once in awhile.

feeley looked great in the first quarter - in fact the first quarter of this game was the highest-scoring quarter all year in the NFL.

but it wasn't just defensive schemes... feeley got too confident and started making bad decisions... he started resting on his laurels and that might have created the errors he had in the remainder of the game.

its great he threw 3 TD's, but those 5 INTs severly overshadow them!

inFINSible said:
......the first quarter if the second buffalo game last year?

Remember when Feeley threw for three TDs in that quarter?

Remember why he was able to do it in the first quarter and not for the whole game?

Let me answer that one.....because in the first quarter buffalo's defense was playing us honest and respecting the run for some strange reason.......They weren't blitzing like crazy, they were dropping back into coverage and Feeley was picking them apart.

Of course after that proved to be a fruitless strategy, they ignored all threats of a running game and blitzed the living daylights out of us for the final three quarters, resulting in 5 INTs.

Don't you think if we had a legitimate running game that day, buffalo wouldn't have been able to blitz us relentlessly and would have had to play straight up, like they did in the first quarter?

Well call me crazy but, I'm thinking if we draft a RB that gives us a real running threat, we already have a QB that can light up a defense that isn't sending the house every play.

Have QB....need RB....simple as that.

:D

InFINSible, You know I agree 100%. But if you havent already, you can expect a barage of bashing claiming everything including teh kitchen sink could be wrong and it still would be AJ's fault.

fear-the-d said:
Good point. but you highlighted feeleys weakness. 3tds in the 1st Quarter. +80% completion. he wasnt sacked until the second play on there 2nd drive in the 2nd quarter. after that he completed ess than 50% of his passes. the trick to beat feeley is to rattle his cage early and rattle it hard! this i believe will be minimised next year because he will be more confident

Yeah he could be rattled early but by then I dont see that as an issue. It was more of what InFINSible said, the Bills blitzed heavy and often, AJ forced, trying to keep it going. Not all the five were his fault either. 1 was a hail mary type pass towards the end, one the receiver slipped cutting on his route and the d-lineman was a fluke.

rickeyrunsover said:
InFINSible, You know I agree 100%. But if you havent already, you can expect a barage of bashing claiming everything including teh kitchen sink could be wrong and it still would be AJ's fault.
the opposite holds true for you, a feeley homer.
its hard to criticize those who are not objective when you, yourself aren't.

what happened to your sig? its a red "x" now. ashamed of him finally? ;) :)

jason_taylor said:
NOT ME NO QB IN THE FIRST ROUND A QB DONT RUN THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE AND WE HAVE 3 QBS:shakeno:

And we have how many RBs?:lol:

Thanks for refreshing my memory, it solidified in my mind that we should take one of the big 3 RB's to take the pressure off Feeley more. I hope that our O-line does a respectable job this season too, also I love how Feeley actually has an arm, not like Fiedler's.

texasPHINSfan said:
i remember that game - STILL have it on my tivo to watch every once in awhile.

feeley looked great in the first quarter - in fact the first quarter of this game was the highest-scoring quarter all year in the NFL.

but it wasn't just defensive schemes... feeley got too confident and started making bad decisions... he started resting on his laurels and that might have created the errors he had in the remainder of the game.

its great he threw 3 TD's, but those 5 INTs severly overshadow them!

No, they don't, not IMO.

I don't agree with your assessment at all. It was a change in buffalo's defense that turned the game around, not a change in the way Feeley threw the ball.

eddie4fins said:
Lotsa Feeley Huggers on this board, he will prove himself this year ............................as the gatorade boy.
Gotta love fans who want to see our QB fail.

Great post, it doesn't matter who the QB is. If he doesn't have time to throw and is getting hit, his play will be horrible and he will be innacurate. I feel Feeley showed toughness that most, including his teammates didn't know he had. He improved once the predictable ways of DW ended. The guy desrves another shot playing for good coaches and an improved line. If he fails badly then yank him, but for what we paid for him give him a shot.

dolfan4good said:
I agree. Pick up your RB with the #2 and the QB in the 3rd. Possibly Greene from georgia.

THey're not gonna draft a QB. Especially with the 3rd cause we don't have a 3rd.

No way! Feeley sucks! You don't have a clue what you are talking about!!! Oh....wait....17000+ posts......yeah, I totally agree with you.:D Seriously, though, I think Feeley will be fine when he's not running for his life. I have enough faith in him to think we don't need to draft a QB in the first round.

Remember that offensive scheme we ran made everybody look worse
than they probably are.

BringBackShula said:
THey're not gonna draft a QB. Especially with the 3rd cause we don't have a 3rd.

We don't have a third? :hmmm:

Alright, whoever took our third, we want it back right now! And while we're at it, we'd like our second back as well. :whistle:

A dominant running game made Big Ben into a the Rookie of the year(I think).

Back
Top Bottom