Does anybody remember.......? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anybody remember.......?

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
......the first quarter if the second buffalo game last year?

Remember when Feeley threw for three TDs in that quarter?

Remember why he was able to do it in the first quarter and not for the whole game?

Let me answer that one.....because in the first quarter buffalo's defense was playing us honest and respecting the run for some strange reason.......They weren't blitzing like crazy, they were dropping back into coverage and Feeley was picking them apart.

Of course after that proved to be a fruitless strategy, they ignored all threats of a running game and blitzed the living daylights out of us for the final three quarters, resulting in 5 INTs.

Don't you think if we had a legitimate running game that day, buffalo wouldn't have been able to blitz us relentlessly and would have had to play straight up, like they did in the first quarter?

Well call me crazy but, I'm thinking if we draft a RB that gives us a real running threat, we already have a QB that can light up a defense that isn't sending the house every play.

Have QB....need RB....simple as that.

:D

I agree. Pick up your RB with the #2 and the QB in the 3rd. Possibly Greene from georgia.

Wow i never saw it that way, i guess your right with Miami's crap O-line they can get penetration and Miami who didnt have a Running game ever this season, i guess that is right...

Yeah who knows probably we do have a capable QB as long as he doesnt gets ran over constantly.

I agree we need a RB, but we can get one in any of the first 4 rounds that will make teams respect the run. Feeley may have been impressive in that span, but he probably will never be anything more than average to above average. Smith and Rogers could be great. If we go RB with the pick I won't be upset, but I would rather us get a franchise QB.

Good one - and Buffalo was one of the top Ds in the league last season. I can't wait to beat up on them next year :)

I think that a big part of our run troubles had to do with run blocking (there wasn't any).

I really think a QB we have now, is our man. I mean, Feeley hasn't really been tried to been devaloped like we all want to devalope Alex Smith. Feeley has been in the nfl for some years, Smith hasnt. Obviously Feeley > any QB in the draft, maybe we should devalope him since he already has some years of experience that we would like to have to some rook for a #2 round pick... pointless.

sports24/7 said:
I agree we need a RB, but we can get one in any of the first 4 rounds that will make teams respect the run. Feeley may have been impressive in that span, but he probably will never be anything more than average to above average. Smith and Rogers could be great. If we go RB with the pick I won't be upset, but I would rather us get a franchise QB.
IMO,If we go QB in the first round and RB in the third....we just gained two back-ups for 2005.

If we go RB in the first and DT in the third...we gain a starter and a back-up for 2005.

If Feeley can play like he did against buffalo in that first quarter, like he showed he can, why couldn't he be a franchise QB?

Jt0323 said:
I agree....Feeley is a great QB imo he's got protential (SP)

Great is pushing it. He showed signs of promise but nothing great.

What is SP?

Celtkin said:
I think that a big part of our run troubles had to do with run blocking (there wasn't any).
I think it may have been losing 4 RBs before the third week of the season...:D

Back
Top Bottom