Does anybody remember.......? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anybody remember.......?

Though I do recognize that the pressure was to much a franchise QB HAS TO HANDLE PRESSURE and he cant.

inFINSible said:
IMO,If we go QB in the first round and RB in the third....we just gained two back-ups for 2005.

If we go RB in the first and DT in the third...we gain a starter and a back-up for 2005.

If Feeley can play like he did against buffalo in that first quarter, like he showed he can, why couldn't he be a franchise QB?

If he could be consistent, you're right. Unfortunately, he hasnt been consistent and we'll have to wait and see if he improves this year.

BTW, what diff does it make if they start right away this season. Most rookies dont make huge impacts in their rookie year.

inFINSible said:
......the first quarter if the second buffalo game last year?

Remember when Feeley threw for three TDs in that quarter?

Remember why he was able to do it in the first quarter and not for the whole game?

Let me answer that one.....because in the first quarter buffalo's defense was playing us honest and respecting the run for some strange reason.......They weren't blitzing like crazy, they were dropping back into coverage and Feeley was picking them apart.

Of course after that proved to be a fruitless strategy, they ignored all threats of a running game and blitzed the living daylights out of us for the final three quarters, resulting in 5 INTs.

Don't you think if we had a legitimate running game that day, buffalo wouldn't have been able to blitz us relentlessly and would have had to play straight up, like they did in the first quarter?

Well call me crazy but, I'm thinking if we draft a RB that gives us a real running threat, we already have a QB that can light up a defense that isn't sending the house every play.

Have QB....need RB....simple as that.

:D

You are CRAZY :D , but I agree with you 100%

inFINSible said:

Remember why he was able to do it in the first quarter and not for the whole game?

Let me answer that one.....because in the first quarter buffalo's defense was playing us honest and respecting the run for some strange reason.......They weren't blitzing like crazy, they were dropping back into coverage and Feeley was picking them apart.

Of course after that proved to be a fruitless strategy, they ignored all threats of a running game and blitzed the living daylights out of us for the final three quarters, resulting in 5 INTs.

Don't you think if we had a legitimate running game that day, buffalo wouldn't have been able to blitz us relentlessly and would have had to play straight up, like they did in the first quarter?

Well call me crazy but, I'm thinking if we draft a RB that gives us a real running threat, we already have a QB that can light up a defense that isn't sending the house every play.

I see your point.

I hope AJ can do it, but I'm not 100% sure he can.

It worries me he is out hitting all the spots with heather and not following Linehan around like a little lost puppy trying to soak up all the knowledge he can!

I believe this quote was a wake up call to Feeley by Saban, and I think Gus will start unless Feeley gets his head out of you know where!

Dolphins coach Nick Saban addressed several issues at the NFL owners' meetings Tuesday, including the advantage Gus Frerotte will have over A.J. Feeley in any quarterback competition because of his familiarity with Scott Linehan's offense.
"Well, some of that responsibility has to come... you know... on A.J.," Saban said. "This whole thing is we want to give him every opportunity to do what he needs to do, but he's got to be responsible for his own self-determination, too. I mean, that's up to him."

inFINSible said:

I wish I could hear Nick saban say that so I could relax.

Isnt it wierd to use a game where a guy throws 5 INT as the reason to hail him the franchise QB and not draft any QBs in the next few years?

Joey 22 said:
Though I do recognize that the pressure was to much a franchise QB HAS TO HANDLE PRESSURE and he cant.

I can almost guarantee, you put Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers in that same position and they would not have handled the pressure.

inFINSible said:
IMO,If we go QB in the first round and RB in the third....we just gained two back-ups for 2005.

If we go RB in the first and DT in the third...we gain a starter and a back-up for 2005.

If Feeley can play like he did against buffalo in that first quarter, like he showed he can, why couldn't he be a franchise QB?
I disagree. If we go QB in the first and RB in the third we would have a backup QB and a RB that at the very least could split time with Gordon which behind an improved line would be more than adequate. But we shouldnt only be looking at the short term. It shouldn't matter if the QB were on the bench this year or not ir he is going to be great once he does start. As far as Feeley goes, if every game he had is like the one quarter against Buffalo he would be a HOFer, the problem is that is him at his best and more than likely cannot sustain his play at that level. He just has never been labeled as a guy with that much potential. I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be a Pro Bowler, but I just think that is a bit unrealistic.

ih8brady said:
If he could be consistent, you're right. Unfortunately, he hasnt been consistent and we'll have to wait and see if he improves this year.

BTW, what diff does it make if they start right away this season. Most rookies dont make huge impacts in their rookie year.
Rookie RBs often do make big impacts their first season, especially high first rounders.

You're right though, Feeley needs to be more consistent. If you agree that next year isn't too important then why not give Feeley a chnace to prove he can get the job done and pick up a franchise RB in the process?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I see your point.

I hope AJ can do it, but I'm not 100% sure he can.

It worries me he is out hitting all the spots with heather and not following Linehan around like a little lost puppy trying to soak up all the knowledge he can!

I believe this quote was a wake up call to Feeley by Saban, and I think Gus will start unless Feeley gets his head out of you know where!

Dolphins coach Nick Saban addressed several issues at the NFL owners' meetings Tuesday, including the advantage Gus Frerotte will have over A.J. Feeley in any quarterback competition because of his familiarity with Scott Linehan's offense.
"Well, some of that responsibility has to come... you know... on A.J.," Saban said. "This whole thing is we want to give him every opportunity to do what he needs to do, but he's got to be responsible for his own self-determination, too. I mean, that's up to him."

Are you 100% sure that Rodgers or Smith can?

ih8brady said:
Isnt it wierd to use a game where a guy throws 5 INT as the reason to hail him the franchise QB and not draft any QBs in the next few years?
:lol: Yeah, it's ironic isn't it.

BTW, I didn't say not to draft a QB.

inFINSible said:
If you agree that next year isn't too important then why not give Feeley a chnace to prove he can get the job done and pick up a franchise RB in the process?
Because if we don't take a franchise type QB now we might not get the chance again for a long time.

inFINSible said:
Rookie RBs often do make big impacts their first season, especially high first rounders.

You're right though, Feeley needs to be more consistent. If you agree that next year isn't too important then why not give Feeley a chnace to prove he can get the job done and pick up a franchise RB in the process?

A runningback would be great, Im just saying another position wouldnt be a tragedy if we drafted a WR, QB, trade down and take another position...

inFINSible said:
:lol: Yeah, it's ironic isn't it.

BTW, I didn't say not to draft a QB.

ok, you said Feeley was a franchise QB and we should draft a RB/DT this year.

Back
Top Bottom