Does anybody remember.......? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anybody remember.......?

sports24/7 said:
Because if we don't take a franchise type QB now we might not get the chance again for a long time.

Or we might have one now, in Feeley, if he has a running game to keep the defense honest and not just play the pass.

inFINSible said:
Are you 100% sure that Rodgers or Smith can?

But I'm not sold that AJ can either. Let's hope he gets his act together, because it's good for the Fins!

sports24/7 said:
I disagree. If we go QB in the first and RB in the third we would have a backup QB and a RB that at the very least could split time with Gordon which behind an improved line would be more than adequate. But we shouldnt only be looking at the short term. It shouldn't matter if the QB were on the bench this year or not ir he is going to be great once he does start. As far as Feeley goes, if every game he had is like the one quarter against Buffalo he would be a HOFer, the problem is that is him at his best and more than likely cannot sustain his play at that level. He just has never been labeled as a guy with that much potential. I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be a Pro Bowler, but I just think that is a bit unrealistic.

How do you know Smith or Rodgers are going to be great?

Butch Davis completely ruined his tenure in Cleveland by selcting a QB with his first pick.Tim Couch was a near unanimous can't-miss prospect but, he missed and Butch spent the next 4 years trying to make him work because of the money invested in him.

I don't want that to happen to Saban. I think a top RB is a much more sure thing than either of the QBs available.

sports24/7 said:
Because if we don't take a franchise type QB now we might not get the chance again for a long time.
I see franchise QBs drafted every year.

inFINSible said:
I see franchise QBs drafted every year.
At the top of the draft where we probably won't be for a long time.

ih8brady said:
ok, you said Feeley was a franchise QB and we should draft a RB/DT this year.
I said he may be...and as far as I can tell we have three or four more picks in this draft and a full draft every year after this....I'm not opposed to taking a QB but, you said that we wouldn't take one for years...not me.

We shouldn't kid ourselves that we are a lock to get out of the NFL basement this year.

sports24/7 said:

Just like Brady, 6th round was it? Big Ben at the end of the first round last year.

sports24/7 said:
Penington, Ramsey, and Marino were drafted late in the first round, among a myriad of others.

Are Losman or Roethlisberger franchise QBs? Neither of them were chosen in the top 10....

If we strike out on a QB, we are going to have a giant cap-eating hole in our offense for years.

inFINSible said:
I said he may be...and as far as I can tell we have three or four more picks in this draft and a full draft every year after thia....I'm not opposed to taking a QB but, you said that we wouldn't take one for years...not me.

I'm saying that if Feeley is our long term answer QB(which he isnt based on age alone), then we prob wouldnt draft a QB for a long time.

inFINSible said:
IMO,If we go QB in the first round and RB in the third....we just gained two back-ups for 2005.

If we go RB in the first and DT in the third...we gain a starter and a back-up for 2005.

If Feeley can play like he did against buffalo in that first quarter, like he showed he can, why couldn't he be a franchise QB?

I don't know why people can't understand these facts? The 1st 3 Rb's are sure shots----the first 2 Qb's are long shots to start within their rookie and sophmore seasons!!! We need results ASAP not developmental players that will pay-off 4 years from now.....:evil:

inFINSible said:
Penington, Ramsey, and Marino were drafted late in the first round, among a myriad of others.

Are Losman or Roethlisberger franchise QBs? Neither of them were chosen in the top 10....

If we strike out on a QB, we are going to have a giant cap-eating hole in our offense for years.

I agree it's alot of risk, but teams don't win championships by not taking risks on players.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
But I'm not sold that AJ can either. Let's hope he gets his act together, because it's good for the Fins!
:beerbang:

I hope he does it with Brown tearing up the ground.

Back
Top Bottom