Does Anybody Want Starks Back at a Reduced Salary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Anybody Want Starks Back at a Reduced Salary

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
Randy Starks is still rated fairly high in the FA market. Does anyone want him back at a reduced salary (e.g. 2 years $5M?) or do we trust in all the young DT's we stashed on IR last year, that one or two will step up? :err:

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#tab=top101

RANK34
DT

RANDYSTARKSSTATUSUFA

INTERESTED TEAMS:Starks remains a very solid interior lineman with the ability to push the pocket and get after the quarterback.

2 years 4 mil and I'll take him. Guy can still play.

At up to $3 mil per or so I'd be happy to have him back. Cheap insurance if Suh ends up hurt, and would be in the 3 man DT rotation over the young guys in all likelihood. TBH though he should get more than that on the open market.

Yes. I think we are uncertain at DT opposite of Suh, especially depth-wise. We have some young guys like Johnson who could come through, but would like to keep Starks at the right price.

it depends on the reason his play fell off so sharply over the last six games of last season. if it was an anomaly, or injury, or some other temporary reason, i absolutely want him back.

if it was wear and tear and father time, we should look elsewhere (i would always take him back as bench depth for the veteran minimum however).

But what if you knew you could get Shelton instead...
How would we know??? I doubt he drops to us but would be ecstatic if he did and we picked him. Suh, Mitchell, Shelton, and Starks would look pretty damn good though. 2yr 5 million would be my max though.

No, we need to move from players that have gotten us nowhere. Plus, he does not have much -- if anything -- left in the tank. Need to give the younger players a shot.

While I think Starks could get a resurgence in his stats lining up next to Suh, at this point I'd rather see how Anthony Johnson has developed.

Starks @ 1 year 2mil as a backup after the draft. In his 6 or so years here has he ever been hurt?

But after draft

Back
Top Bottom