Does anyone have any answers to why our OL stepped up against Dallas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone have any answers to why our OL stepped up against Dallas

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The prior two games against Baltimore they played Lowsy. Then the veterans were excused and Jerman McKinney and one other Bell? played and did well against Washington. Respectably well that is. Now the Veterans come back against Dallas and the create Mack Truck size holes. My theory is they needed the rest. If that's the case I think they should insert the Rookie OL after the Pats game on Monday night. The Rest and possible endangerment of losing their Jobs makes the Vets step up IMO. That's just a pure guess but how else do you explain the resurgance of the veterans.

They did not give up a sack against Baltimore and considering the D they were facing they did well.

W. Smith is just getting better.
Nails might be healing up some.
Perry has been pretty solid this year, plays with fire.
Ruddy usually plays well this year.
Less mental lapses for T. Wade.
They are getting some cohesion and know they have to step it up now if we are to make the playoffs. Could be getting sick of all the criticism they are getting as well. ANd maybe just maybe Fiedler is buying 'em all hookers and dinners LOL!!!!!!

The Cowboys are the most overrated team in the NFL. That's why!!! We will face a much better defense Sunday than the #1 horse**** defense we played on turkey day.

Originally posted by unclemonty
W ANd maybe just maybe Fiedler is buying 'em all hookers and dinners LOL!!!!!!

I think Fiedler does have something to do with it. I don't know if it's hookers and Dinners but it's not a coincidence that RW suddenly gets life and breaks off his longest run of the season When Fied is inserted in the game.

Defenses have to respect the pass more with Fiedler in there.....as he'll buy more time to make a play happen. With Griese, defenders knew they never had to cover more than 3 seconds, so schemes were a lot simpler. With a 2 pronged attack....our offense overall (not just the line) is much more effective.

Our OL started playing well in the Ravens game not when Fiedler came in. Fiedler's mobility is a plus offcourse.

I think it's because Ricky has started to figure out how to run behind this line. When the OL sees he has success (like when he breaks a long one) it becomes contagious and the entire line blocks harder and plays a bit better. The O line takes pride in Ricky having a good day and he's been good lately so they feed off that.

The Fiedler and Chambers connection Thursday didn't hurt either.

Originally posted by Jaj
Our OL started playing well in the Ravens game not when Fiedler came in. Fiedler's mobility is a plus offcourse.

Yeah, but they regressed badly in the first 3 quarters of the Redskins game though.

Back
Top Bottom