Does Anyone HONESTLY Know? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Anyone HONESTLY Know?

If I had to make a prediction at #2, 50% chance Brown; 25% QB; 25% WR. Cant see any other possiblity if we stay at #2.

ih8brady said:
If I had to make a prediction at #2, 50% chance Brown; 25% QB; 25% WR. Cant see any other possiblity if we stay at #2.

It would be a huge waste drafting Ronnie Brown at the #2 overall.

Jaj said:

You think Gordon/Morris will be our RBs and we dont need to draft one or do you think we should trade down and then draft a RB?

ih8brady said:
You think Gordon/Morris will be our RBs and we dont need to draft one or do you think we should trade down and then draft a RB?

There are 17 capable backs in this draft. 15 of which can be every down backs in the NFL.

At this point the best round is shaping up to be the 3rd. Fason looks like he'll slide there and C4 is my favorite of the RBs.

Jaj said:
There are 17 capable backs in this draft. 15 of which can be every down backs in the NFL.

At this point the best round is shaping up to be the 3rd. Fason looks like he'll slide there and C4 is my favorite of the RBs.

Did Fason have a bad workout or something?

Jaj said:

Jaj, you definitely know football, but I disagree with this. We need a franchise back very badly, and I don't get the people who say "We need to draft BPA at #2, not Ronnie Brown."

Well, um, if a back is that big, fast, that good of a blocker and reciever, fits into our offense perfectly, and averaged 6 yards a pop to boot while getting 1000 yards while splitting carries,

Lickety split, I think he IS the BPA @ #2!

DolphinDevil28 said:
Jaj, you definitely know football, but I disagree with this. We need a franchise back very badly, and I don't get the people who say "We need to draft BPA at #2, not Ronnie Brown."

Well, um, if a back is that big, fast, that good of a blocker and reciever, fits into our offense perfectly, and averaged 6 yards a pop to boot while getting 1000 yards while splitting carries,

Lickety split, I think he IS the BPA @ #2!

I would not mind a franchise back either, but Ronnie Brown is questionable. He's not the all-supreme prospect a RB needs to be to warrant such a high position. Basically to justify selecting a RB that high, that RB MUST be nothing short of one of the top 15 backs of all time. Marshall Faulk qualifies. Ricky if he continued playing might have been. Edgerrin James was selected as a bit of a surprise at 4!

Ronnie Brown is big and fast. If he had Cadillac's ability to cut and a little better vision than yes he'd be worth it, but he's not That much better than the rest of the RBs and he's not an incredible prospect.

Jaj said:
Ronnie Brown is big and fast. If he had Cadillac's ability to cut and a little better vision than yes he'd be worth it

I think this is where we disagree (which is fine). I watch SEC football non stop and have seen a lot of Auburn games. The perception that Brown's cutback ability and vision are average is wrong. I just don't understand where it came from.

I'm not one of the people on the Brown bandwagon just because he ran a 4.4 and weighs 230 pounds. I've seen the guy play and I love his style.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I think this is where we disagree (which is fine). I watch SEC football non stop and have seen a lot of Auburn games. The perception that Brown's cutback ability and vision are average is wrong. I just don't understand where it came from.

I'm not one of the people on the Brown bandwagon just because he ran a 4.4 and weighs 230 pounds. I've seen the guy play and I love his style.

I do admit that he is a very good back. I wouldn't mind selecting him if we were the Bucs or even the Bears. It's just at the #2 overall?

Basically to justify a pick that HIGH for a RB he must be God's next great gift to football when it comes to RBs.

Jaj said:
I do admit that he is a very good back. I wouldn't mind selecting him if we were the Bucs or even the Bears. It's just at the #2 overall?

Basically to justify a pick that HIGH for a RB he must be God's next great gift to football when it comes to RBs.

I TOTALLY understand your argument. And I somewhat agree in general. But in a draft like this, we might as well take him at #2 since there is no LaDanian Tomlinson or Ricky Williams. (Although, in my humble opinion, I think Brown can be a bigger LT)

One other thing, I think that if it weren't for Caddy, Brown would be that RB you are describing that is worthy of the #2 pick overall.

Only Saban knows what we're going to do.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I TOTALLY understand your argument. And I somewhat agree in general. But in a draft like this, we might as well take him at #2 since there is no LaDanian Tomlinson or Ricky Williams. (Although, in my humble opinion, I think Brown can be a bigger LT)

One other thing, I think that if it weren't for Caddy, Brown would be that RB you are describing that is worthy of the #2 pick overall.

I like Brown almost as much as Williams. Benson is third on my list.

I'm a QB/WR supporter if we stick at the #2 spot. I really wouldn't mind having Braylon Edwards. That man will be chewing up the Pats and making Rodney Harrison his ***** all day long. With him, Chambers, and Booker we will have a terrifying team!

first&goal said:
If Ricky comes back, probably we gonna draft a RB later in the draft( Saban needs to believe in Ricky desire ) with #2 Edwards, cause is the only player with that value.

If I were Saban, I would draft an RB (Brown preferably) just to force RW's hand.

Drafting Brown @ #2 is the best scenario all the way around.

I'd trade down though I'd do it w/ the one franchise that no one has mentioned until now (the Titans). Miami can pick up the 2nd rounder that Saban wants.
Brown, possibly, will still be available. If not, Draft Mike Williams and get (Louisville RB) Eric Shelton on the 2nd round

Back
Top Bottom