Does anyone know if....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone know if.......

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
.....Cedric Benson has come in for a visit? I hear things on other players, but I haven't see or heard anything on a Benson visit, unless I just missed it.

I haven't heard anything. IMO he is the least likely to land in Miami out of the top 7.

rafael said:
I haven't heard anything. IMO he is the least likely to land in Miami out of the top 7.

No offense, but I hope your theory is wrong, lol. But seriously, come to think of it, I can't even remember WHO has visited us. What players have (out of the top 10 anyway)?

motioncityhifi said:
QBs for sure, Antrel Rolle, Edwards cant remember who else.

I'd LOVE to have antrel, that guy rocks, but definately not as our only 1st round pick. If we had 2 1sts though, or GET another 1st, I would love to take him. Thanks for the info too, appreciate it

Rolle aint coming here...im 100% on that

I think actually and its just a real strong hunch i think were gonna end up making that trade with tampa and were gonna have a huge dillema cause this in my opinion is here the first 4 picks will go

1. SF - Aaron Rodgers QB [they need a qb]
2. TB - Alex Smith QB [reason why they traded up]
3. Cle - Derrick Johnson LB [Crennel is not on offensive guy...will pass on edwards]
4. Chi - Cedric Benson [pretty much a lock in my opinion...really fits there style]

That leaves us at #5 overall with Braylon Edwards and Ronnie Brown still on the board...in my opinion i think we should go brown with out a doubt...but i think Saban is gonna feel as my hunch is and take Braylon Edwards cause he doesnt feel a runningback should be taken that high when there are ones just as good in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

5. Mia - Braylon Edwards

Buddwalk said:

I think actually and its just a real strong hunch i think were gonna end up making that trade with tampa and were gonna have a huge dillema cause this in my opinion is here the first 4 picks will go

3. Cle - Derrick Johnson LB [Crennel is not on offensive guy...will pass on edwards]
4. Chi - Cedric Benson [pretty much a lock in my opinion...really fits there style]

That leaves us at #5 overall with Braylon Edwards and Ronnie Brown still on the board...in my opinion i think we should go brown with out a doubt...but i think Saban is gonna feel as my hunch is and take Braylon Edwards cause he doesnt feel a runningback should be taken that high when there are ones just as good in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

5. Mia - Braylon Edwards

If that theory turns out, I am sure Minny is on the Phone getting to #5 to out jump Tenn, who would take Braylon at 6, I can't see us passing on Brown. So Minny switches, Tenn is left with Mike Williams or Antrel Rolle, we are at 7 with Caddy and Brown, to pick from, how great would that be. While sitting there with Tampa's extra picks, and Minny's extra picks. Mike Williams is not the deep threat as Braylon is, I think Braylon is who Minny wants.

Buddwalk said:

5. Mia - Braylon Edwards

I find it hard to take Johnson at #3. Some NFL teams have him as 2nd round material. I think he will go from #6-12 area. I don't think Braylon will last to #5. Hes too dang good.

The Chicago selection is interesting, weren't they the ones that drafted Ricky and then traded him to the Saints? Benson and Ricky are a lot a like. Maybe they will roll the dice on him.

Agent51 said:
.....Cedric Benson has come in for a visit? I hear things on other players, but I haven't see or heard anything on a Benson visit, unless I just missed it.

BENSON OR EDWARDS EITHER WILL MAKE ME HAPPY:wink:

Buddwalk said:

5. Mia - Braylon Edwards

I doubt Johnson goes that high.

UCFinfan said:
I find it hard to take Johnson at #3. Some NFL teams have him as 2nd round material. I think he will go from #6-12 area. I don't think Braylon will last to #5. Hes too dang good.

The Chicago selection is interesting, weren't they the ones that drafted Ricky and then traded him to the Saints? Benson and Ricky are a lot a like. Maybe they will roll the dice on him.

In honor of this post, I present a completely random photo:

clear.gif

UCFinfan said:

If Braylon is still there at 5 I think we should try to trade down again with the Vikings

If Braylon fell to #5 after we traded down that would be the absolute best scenario I could imagine. The Vikes would be on the phone with us as soon as we were on the clock to try and work out a deal. Edwards at #5 IMO would be a steal...

Buddwalk said:

5. Mia - Braylon Edwards

you could be right, however, the theory I have come up with in the past is that Chicago could only be SO high on Benson because they are assuming we will take Brown at #2 and thus he won't be there. SUPPOSEDLY Brown is the best RB in the draft (and even the best, or top 3 at least, player in the whole draft) so I don't think chicago would pass on him should he still be there for him. Again, this is just a theory, but one I see as logical. So IF they were to take Brown, that would leave us to pick between Benson and Caddy (RB-wise anyway) and in all honesty, while it should be clear by now that Benson is my guy, I would be super happy with either (if not a tad disappointed if we pass up Benson for Caddy)

Why the hell would Cedric Benson fit Chicago better than Brown. Brown is the better fit.

Back
Top Bottom