Does anyone know... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone know...

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
how we can get hold of H. Wayne Huizenga's email address? Maybe if we bombard him with emails, something will happen.?!

Originally posted by njfinfan
how we can get hold of H. Wayne Huizenga's email address? Maybe if we bombard him with emails, something will happen.?!

Exactly. Thats what we should do. Make Miami into New York City South. That way we can run off every possible quality coach that may be interested in the job here in Miami when it opens up. Lets all go down and Boycott at Dave's house too. Maybe we can land Kotite.

See you all there.

Do I detect a little sarcasm there? Pardon me, but I'm sick of the non-motivated Wannstedt saying the same thing week after week, season after season. He never changes his tune and never cracks down on those players.

Do I detect a little sarcasm there? Pardon me, but I'm sick of the non-motivated Wannstedt saying the same thing week after week, season after season. He never changes his tune and never cracks down on those players.
How do you know Wanny is "Non-motivated?"

He NEVER cracks down on players? Is that how to motive players. To Crack the whip on them. Maybe Gruden isn't doing enough whip cracking this season?

How many times have you been in personel meetings with the team? How do you know what Wanny does or does not do other than what you see on TV.

I doubt the Dolphins staff has a hard time cracking the whip on the players when they need it. Perhaps the players are just as to blame here as the coaches. Especially since they are the ones not blocking, not catching the ball, not holding onto the ball, and not winning.

Sorry, but this is just FINGER POINTING

Last edited by a moderator:
In one of the quotes from the locker room an "unnamed" player, complained that Dave Wannstedt was too nice and stated, "I wish he would just yell at us or crack down on us." That's where I get my information. As far as him being unmotivated, when you listen to him in his press conferences which I do each and every one, you can read between the lines of what he says time after time and hear it in his voice.

In one of the quotes from the locker room an "unnamed" player, complained that Dave Wannstedt was too nice and stated, "I wish he would just yell at us or crack down on us." That's where I get my information. As far as him being unmotivated, when you listen to him in his press conferences which I do each and every one, you can read between the lines of what he says time after time and hear it in his voice.

Perhaps that is because he is in a stressful situation and perhaps what you hear as one thing someone else could hear as another.Unnamed sources are unreliable. If someone has something to say ....say it like a man or don't say it. Sounds like more of the "Wanny grabs his hair after a bad play so he's a bad coach" talk. Regardless of if a player said it or not, or if he feels that way or not....obviously he has no point...other than to FINGER POINT. Gruden has no whipping player problem and how's TB doing?

It's just FINGER POINTING.

Benching players points the point across.. Nails is playing well, put in one of your Rookies (how much worse can it be?). Thompson disappears? Start McKnight and play Simmons or Tolver....

This is how coaches make their point! I am yet to see ANYONE get benched for poor play once the season begins.

If I knew his address, I would happily park outside his house. I don't believe he's solely to blame, but I believe he's one of the biggest reasons my (our) team is not producing. He needs someone to crack down on him and Huizenga is that person.

I am sick and tired of wearing my heart on my sleeve for this team year in and year out and getting NO results. Spending countless time and money on merchandise, equipment, everything and anything Dolphin and being frustrated every season. Someone needs to be held accountable for the poor performance. Who do you propose that is?

Furthermore, his record since becoming head coach of Miami proves there is something wrong. It is

2000 - 11/5

2001 - 11/5

2002 - 9/7

2003 - 5/4

We all touted at the beginning of the season that we had enough talent and heart to get to the Superbowl. Hell, even the Vegas oddsmakers were betting that Miami would be the team this year. Yet, seemingly, we are beginning our December slide early.

Do you have any constructive suggestions?

Originally posted by dolfan4good
Benching players points the point across.. Nails is playing well, put in one of your Rookies (how much worse can it be?). Thompson disappears? Start McKnight and play Simmons or Tolver....

This is how coaches make their point! I am yet to see ANYONE get benched for poor play once the season begins.

Royals got benched to another roster.

Some people in the Pro coaching world think that benching guys to make a point causes disention on the team and doesn't show loyalty.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Royals got benched to another roster.

Some people in the Pro coaching world think that benching guys to make a point causes disention on the team and doesn't show loyalty.

Show loyalty to a guy that could cost you your job? Players are smart and realize this is a business. Benching a DESERVING player cause nothing but respect for a coach. It shows them that he wants to win! No one player is above the team!

If I knew his address, I would happily park outside his house. I don't believe he's solely to blame, but I believe he's one of the biggest reasons my (our) team is not producing. He needs someone to crack down on him and Huizenga is that person.

I am sick and tired of wearing my heart on my sleeve for this team year in and year out and getting NO results. Spending countless time and money on merchandise, equipment, everything and anything Dolphin and being frustrated every season. Someone needs to be held accountable for the poor performance. Who do you propose that is?

Furthermore, his record since becoming head coach of Miami proves there is something wrong. It is

2000 - 11/5

2001 - 11/5

2002 - 9/7

2003 - 5/4

We all touted at the beginning of the season that we had enough talent and heart to get to the Superbowl. Hell, even the Vegas oddsmakers were betting that Miami would be the team this year. Yet, seemingly, we are beginning our December slide early.

Do you have any constructive suggestions?

We should always look to improve ourselves at every position in the organization. Wanny is no different than anyone else. Coaches are paid to coach. Players are paid to play. Scouts are paid to scout. If we are underachieving then EVERYTHING should be looked at and changes made for those not performing.
Personally, I am much more dis-satisfied with our players than I am our coaches.
They are the ones not doing the basics like tackling, Protecting the ball, and blocking. Until they do those things as players the rest is tough to judge....IMO

Originally posted by dolfan4good

Show loyalty to a guy that could cost you your job? Players are smart and realize this is a business. Benching a DESERVING player cause nothing but respect for a coach. It shows them that he wants to win! No one player is above the team!
I agree 100%
So who should get benched and who should replace them.

Here is where I'd start -

LT Smith

WR Thompson

Problem with that is i'm not at meeting, or practice, or anything else that provides me with info on players, etc other than whats on TV...so I see about 15% of their total performance.

BTW - Brock Marion has been getting beat like a drum in our last two losses...do we dump him too?

You know what... what we see is their TOTAL performance! Who cares about how well they do in practice if they disappear in a game. Bottom line is GAME DAY production! Steve McNair wouldn't practice during the week last year because of injury but polayed EVERY game. Why because he produces EVERY game.

By the way, I lied when I said he hadn't benched anyone after the season started. He benched Fletcher in what has truned out to be a VERY VERY good move.

Back
Top Bottom