Does Anyone Know..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Anyone Know.....

Lol. Ok. That is exactly the same thing to me. He threw a hissy fit to not pick Jackson. Feel free to argue semantics but that is essentially the same thing and tells me what I need to know. Jesus Christ some of you people are inexplicable.
It tells you what you want to know, not what you need to know.

It's confirmation bias, you have no idea what happened and your perception based on the little information out there is influenced by your opinion of Grier. It's not the same at all and there is no proof that he threw a 'hissy fit' of any description. Frame it another way and you've got a GM who stands up to an interfering owner by going with the 100% decision of the coaches and scouts in the room and willing to put his job on the line for it. I'm sure if the pick had been the other way around people would be jerking off to how Grier took control and made Ross back down.

if you don't like Grier or the pick that's fine, but don't make up lies to reinforce that.

Last edited:
Lol. Ok. That is exactly the same thing to me. He threw a hissy fit to not pick Jackson. Feel free to argue semantics but that is essentially the same thing and tells me what I need to know. Jesus Christ some of you people are inexplicable.
Wow that’s an interesting way to twist things. Literally making up a story then saying well the facts don’t reeeeally matter ... you just seem to have a hatred for Grier

Dude needs to prove himself but damn

I will say this to Flores/ Grier the best thing yall can do next two week is find a way to lose out. That a start to rebuilding this roster.. defense is fixable next yr. Offense need the most work.

Last edited:
Wow that’s an interesting way to twist things. Literally making up a story then saying well the facts don’t reeeeally matter ... you just seem to have a hatred for Grier

Dude needs to prove himself but damn

I didn't make it up. This has been a story circulating for some time. I will withdraw my statement on this specific incident as it may have been misconstrued by others and then circulated but I will not take back that Chris Grier is not a good GM. I know you guys are fine with him because you think he is average but I am not willing to leverage this team's future with an average at best GM. The same way I could see Lamar Jackson was obviously stud before and during draft night, which many here, and our GM, and other GM's, couldn't see, I can see that our GM also needs to be upgraded.

<shrugs> This story by Mando Salguero tells a different story about that indecent.

I did not know this. I could have sworn I read articles by beat writers to the contrary. But I am smart enough to not spread misinformation so I will never attribute this to Chris Grier's ineptitude again.

However, I was clearly not fooled on draft day and even if I could see the value in LJ and so could others you would hope our GM was able to... he wasnt.

His drafting record and awful extensions (McCain, Jesse Davis, Grant) speak for themselves. Even though I know some of you guys love all of his draft picks and new signings and have hope for be all of the Charles Harris', Raekwon McMillans, and Michael Deiters of the world.

Last edited:
I didn't make it up. This has been a story circulating for some time. I will withdraw my statement on this specific incident as it may have misconstrued by other and then circulated but I will not take back that Chris GM is not a good GM. I know you guys are fine with him because you think he is average but I am not willing to leverage this team's future with an average age best GM. The same way I could see Lamar Jackson was a obviously stud before and during draft night, which many here, and our GM, and other GM's, couldn't see, I can see that our GM also needs to be upgraded.

I did not know this. I could have sworn I read articles by beat writers to the contrary. But I am man enough to not spread misinformation so I will never attribute this to Chris Grier's ineptitude again.

However, I was clearly not fooled on draft day and even if I could see the value in LJ and so could others you would hope our GM was able to... he wasnt.

His drafting record and awful extensions (McCain, Jesse Davis, Grant) speak for themselves. Even though I know some of you guys love all of his draft picks and new signings and have hope for the Charles Harris's of the world.

How about the Devante Parkers of the world?

Lol. What about DVP?

Consensus on FH (rather than fact) said he was also a Grier bust, wasn't he? Just saying, players can develop. Not as or when we may like, but it happens. Not saying Grier is a good or bad GM. But I'd rather wait to see how he does while firmly in charge before I make a definitive judgement on him.

Consensus on FH (rather than fact) said he was also a Grier bust, wasn't he? Just saying, players can develop. Not as or when we may like, but it happens. Not saying Grier is a good or bad GM. But I'd rather wait to see how he does while firmly in charge before I make a definitive judgement on him.

Dennis Hickey was the GM during that draft in 2015. So that is a point for me. But players do develop so I will give you some credit. Mike Gesicki I think would be a better example for CG.

My only problem is that it seems like most of Chris Grier's picks seem to need time to develop since they are not too great when they first come in.

I know we don't all know this since we have grown accustomed to mediocrity but not every player is ok when they to come in to the league. Some of them are great right from the start. It would be nice to have some more of those types of guys instead of having blind faith that everyone develops into a good player eventually.

If people remember their history correctly Tannenbaum was slatted to take over the GM role but because Miami circumvented the Rooney Rule when hiring him they scrambled and had to make an executive position for him over the GM on the Football Operations side.

Now you can all speculate on who made what decisions and pulled the trigger on what picks but collectively 2/3 or more of the men making those decisions are now gone from the organization along with most of those picks and since none of those men won a damn thing I'm fine with it.

Dennis Hickey was the GM during that draft in 2015. So that is a point for me. But players do develop so I will give you some credit. Mike Gesicki I think would be a better example for CG.

My only problem is that it seems like most of Chris Grier's picks seem to need time to develop since they are not too great when they first come in.

I know we don't all know this since we have grown accustomed to mediocrity but not every player is ok when they to come in to the league. Some of them are great right from the start. It would be nice to have some more of those types of guys instead of having blind faith that everyone develops into a good player eventually.

I think we'd all like that, including Grier and Ross. If not, we definitely have the wrong GM and owner. I think thus far, draft picks that can be attributed in any way to Grier indicate his performance in the draft has not been far from the average of GM drafts throughout the league. I do like how he's run things since taking complete control. I still don't know if that will translate to a better team or not. We'll see.

I didn't make it up. This has been a story circulating for some time. I will withdraw my statement on this specific incident as it may have been misconstrued by others and then circulated but I will not take back that Chris Grier is not a good GM. I know you guys are fine with him because you think he is average but I am not willing to leverage this team's future with an average at best GM. The same way I could see Lamar Jackson was obviously stud before and during draft night, which many here, and our GM, and other GM's, couldn't see, I can see that our GM also needs to be upgraded.

I did not know this. I could have sworn I read articles by beat writers to the contrary. But I am smart enough to not spread misinformation so I will never attribute this to Chris Grier's ineptitude again.

His drafting record and awful extensions (McCain, Jesse Davis, Grant) speak for themselves. Even though I know some of you guys love all of his draft picks and new signings and have hope for be all of the Charles Harris', Raekwon McMillans, and Michael Deiters of the world.
Look, I was just calling you for spreading the misinformation. I dont particularly have a ton of faith in Grier. As you noted, questionable extensions and draft picks. Who the hell really knows whats been going on all these years, I'm willing to give him a pass for a year (maybe 2) and see how it goes with new people around the FO, and supposedly a new emphesis on scouting players

Back
Top Bottom