Does anyone think Roth was a waste of pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone think Roth was a waste of pick

kingfin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I dont think so.I like the way this guy plays.Kevin Carter is old.So we can mix them up this year.I still wanted Nick Collins FS/CB at the 2nd round pick.I new we had alot of depth at DE.Saban throw a Curveball at me.

GetYoRollOn

Starter
Reaction score
After seeing clips of him.....no..the guy is intense to say the least, just what we need!!

wyo

vice ceo
Reaction score
People probably thought Taylor was a waste of a pick in his draft also.

welderpat

RINGLEADER WELDERPAT GANG
Reaction score
kingfin said:
I dont think so.I like the way this guy plays.Kevin Carter is old.So we can mix them up this year.I still wanted Nick Collins FS/CB at the 2nd round pick.I new we had alot of depth at DE.Saban throw a Curveball at me.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Most of us think he is the steal of the draft.

Reaction score
I think he is great. But personally i would have went with Khalif Barnes. Many projected him to go mid-late first round and we could use some help on the offensive line.

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
fiedler fan..jk said:
I think he is great. But personally i would have went with Khalif Barnes. Many projected him to go mid-late first round and we could use some help on the offensive line.
roth was a great pick, especially baring in mind that Saban's guy was Webster and he was drafted just before us.

IMO, Khalif Barnes will amount to little... he is considered a project at T although he has played there for a while at UW, that is a concern. I'm more happy with Alabi, he has tons of potential and is very coachable.

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think he was a waste of a pick at all. At first I was thinking that he'd just be a great acquisition for us somewhere later down the road, but now I'm honestly expecting him to have an immediate impact for us. I think he'll beat out Vonnie Holliday for the starting job and be the opposite to JT and maybe getting to double figures in sacks. I'm thinking 6-8 sacks his rookie season if he starts which I would definitely be happy with. Considering he was mid-to-late round 1st round talent and we got him in the mid 2nd round... I would consider it a STEAL, not a waste. DE is one of the most important positions, and I think we got a real good one in Roth for many years to come.

phinphan11

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
wyo said:
People probably thought Taylor was a waste of a pick in his draft also.

Samething with Zach. All we heard about was how his lack of size was going to hurt his playmaking. Boy was that wrong.

TheMadPorpoise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Matt Roth was a great pick. He's a tremendous pass rusher and a vocal leader as well. He's a guy with great mental toughness, a quality that Dolphins have lacked recently. The addition of Roth will also pay dividends for Kevin Carter, keeping him fresh, which was a problem he had in Tennessee. I think Carter will play inside a lot, so that will give Roth a shot at left DE.

FireInTheNole

Renolegade
Reaction score
ummm no!!

clear.gif

thedayafter

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's got natural body strength.. not weight room built... he's quick and fast.... high motor... he is violent..... he has a passion for the game.... IMO this guy will bring new energy and excitement to JRS on game day... star potential.....

Top Bottom