Does Anyone Think That If.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Anyone Think That If....

3rdandinches

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
McClain is gone and J.Haden CB (BPA) still on board that we take him and give S.Smith an entire offseason to learn FS? Or will this be to much to handle just as it was for J.Allen?

This is certainly an interesting perspective, selecting BPA and then making Smith a FS when many "experts" felt he could be a probowl FS before last years draft.

Or is the best way to go to just take J.Haden and leave Smith at CB because of the 3/4 WR sets we will face next year?

What do you guys think?......

With his tackling he would be one of the worst Safties ever if you think Wilson missed a lot of takles just wait untell smith was back there he would be at 16 to 17 missed tackles a year easly. Plus i would rather see us draft Dez Bryant who i think will be there when we pick as long as Denver doesnt trade Brandon Marshall, or Brandon Graham.

With his tackling he would be one of the worst Safties ever if you think Wilson missed a lot of takles just wait untell smith was back there he would be at 16 to 17 missed tackles a year easly. Plus i would rather see us draft Dez Bryant who i think will be there when we pick as long as Denver doesnt trade Brandon Marshall, or Brandon Graham,

16 or 17 is pushing it.

Try around 35-45 missed tackles and possibly the record of most missed tackles in a season.

I don't think Haden would be BPA. I think he's getting a lot of hype because it's a weak year for CB's. If Haden falls to us, me might be able to trade down - with the draft being so weak at the position.

But, there will be players that I rate just as high - if not higher - at positions that we need.

16 or 17 is pushing it.

Try around 35-45 missed tackles and possibly the record of most missed tackles in a season.
yea i was just being nice to Smith but i could accually see him missing around 20 to 25. 35-45 is quite a bit that would be horriable and everyone on here would be wanting him to be cut

No. Taking Haden would be laughable at best, hence why it isn't going to happen.

Why would it be laughable? If Dez and McClain are gone then what, reach? Trading back will always be first option but most times it's hard to do.
I understand Thomas and Williams are potential needs but their reaches at 12 as would Graham, I can't see them taking a 1 year wonder in JP and Griffin has too many question marks, Spiller would be interesting but he only creates a long jam at RB.

I think it has potential unless some SOLB has a great combine to back up their college career (especially a DE converting to OLB) to make him BPA when we select.

Ugh. Again with this ****. Smith is not. A. Safety.

Repeat. Not. A. Safety.

Isn't one. Will never be one.

Ireland has said so. The coaches have said so. Anybody who knows the first thing about personnel and scheme has said so.

When will this end?

Why would it be laughable? If Dez and McClain are gone then what, reach? Trading back will always be first option but most times it's hard to do.
I understand Thomas and Williams are potential needs but their reaches at 12 as would Graham, I can't see them taking a 1 year wonder in JP and Griffin has too many question marks, Spiller would be interesting but he only creates a long jam at RB.

I think it has potential unless some SOLB has a great combine to back up their college career (especially a DE converting to OLB) to make him BPA when we select.
Haden certainly wouldn't be BPA. Williams and certainly Graham would be easy choices over Haden. Brian Bulaga would be more of a BPA. JPP is possibly BPA over Haden. There's others as well. Not that it matters anyways. There's some players that are so good you pick them outside of need. Haden isn't close to being one of them.

McClain is gone and J.Haden CB (BPA) still on board that we take him and give S.Smith an entire offseason to learn FS? Or will this be to much to handle just as it was for J.Allen?

This is certainly an interesting perspective, selecting BPA and then making Smith a FS when many "experts" felt he could be a probowl FS before last years draft.

Or is the best way to go to just take J.Haden and leave Smith at CB because of the 3/4 WR sets we will face next year?

What do you guys think?......

Terrible idea.. that would be like putting J Ferg at WR. For obvious reasons you wouldnt want to do that. You have to play to a players strengths for them to succeed. Smith is not a good tackler. Not that i want any of our young CBs to make a FS change but if someone could do it, i would think it would be Vontae. I think he would be an Excellent FS.

haden is a better cover corner than smith or davis and would start next year game 1.

I wouldn't be against it.

But if anyone if getting moved the FS, it's Vontae. He's ultra aggressive and loves to hit and would be a beast at FS IMO. Sean is a pure cover corner and will be very good at it. Getting Haden would give us the best young secondary in the league IMO.

I doubt he'll be there, but he's definitely gunna be a solid corner from day 1 so I'd love if we drafted him. Smith could stay at corner to help us match up against the taller wideouts

Haden certainly wouldn't be BPA. Williams and certainly Graham would be easy choices over Haden. Brian Bulaga would be more of a BPA. JPP is possibly BPA over Haden. There's others as well. Not that it matters anyways. There's some players that are so good you pick them outside of need. Haden isn't close to being one of them.

NT is a position the FO historically likes later on in the draft, Graham where I do really like him is alot smaller then our FO likes aswell. I could certainly see us taking a top end Olineman and replace one of our Guards (Smiley has been good but hurt alot) with sliding Carey over and adding a top end RT.

JPP is a one year wonder which adds to the bust factor and against what the FO goes for, they really look for 4 year players if possible. I think your under estimating how good Haden is but everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I'm not saying this is what I'd like to do but whether it's CB or OL it could be a big surprise come draft day.

NT is a position the FO historically likes later on in the draft, Graham where I do really like him is alot smaller then our FO likes aswell. I could certainly see us taking a top end Olineman and replace one of our Guards (Smiley has been good but hurt alot) with sliding Carey over and adding a top end RT.

JPP is a one year wonder which adds to the bust factor and against what the FO goes for, they really look for 4 year players if possible. I think your under estimating how good Haden is but everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I agree don't underestimate the OLine on rounds 1-3...Mike Iupati, G, Idaho and Haden could be an interesting selection... Could be that they move Vontae to the safety pos. I wouldn't put SS back there he won't tackle...

Back
Top Bottom