Does Gase Trust Tannehill?

Does Gase Trust Tannehill

• YES

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • NO

Votes: 43 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a good point but I’d have to look at the pre shoulder chart to see if it’s what gase does or maybe to take some pressure off tannys throwing arm.

It does seem to be heavy horizontal in nature this year. But I’d like to see a team like kcs chart also who schemes up a lot of outflank ask although they actually get the ball into their best play makers hands as a result.

It does seem odd to me that Miami seems content on 3rd and long to almost concede is that a qb thing or an offense one. I used to think it was an o line protection based one before gase got here and for good reason he was taking contact before his back foot hit even but it may be a qb one too.

Someone should take an in depth look at the route combos relative to the drop and coverage played on 3rd and long to see where the almost always dump option comes from. Are we conceding or is it the only viable option.
Here is KC from last game.

pass-chart_MAH401939_2018-reg-11_1542694029942.jpeg

He doesnt. But, that is no excuse. Gase lost that game. Abandoned the run up ten with 8 mins left. Then, he conceded the game rather than let Tannehill at least take a chance on the last drive.

Here is KC from last game.

pass-chart_MAH401939_2018-reg-11_1542694029942.jpeg

Thanks. Now my question with that would be how much of that is tyreek hill and Kelce and even hunt. Kelce dictates the coverage call and they work off of him cause he’s the best flex tight end in football.

It all works off of him. Miami doesn’t have that. Miami doesn’t have a top 5 anything other than maybe the left tackle and that’s probably generous

This is a good point but I’d have to look at the pre shoulder chart to see if it’s what gase does or maybe to take some pressure off tannys throwing arm.

It does seem to be heavy horizontal in nature this year. But I’d like to see a team like kcs chart also who schemes up a lot of outflank ask although they actually get the ball into their best play makers hands as a result.

It does seem odd to me that Miami seems content on 3rd and long to almost concede is that a qb thing or an offense one. I used to think it was an o line protection based one before gase got here and for good reason he was taking contact before his back foot hit even but it may be a qb one too.

Someone should take an in depth look at the route combos relative to the drop and coverage played on 3rd and long to see where the almost always dump option comes from. Are we conceding or is it the only viable option.

KC outflanks people but they also go vertical A LOT during their games. Gase tries to outflank but then barely goes vertical. Thats the difference. Reid knows you need explosive plays downfield. Even the Patriots who live and die by the short passing game, have plays going downfield consistently during games.

Tannehill in week 5. 6 pass attempts over 10 yards. And one of the 6 was a desperation heave at the end of the game. So really 5 passes.

30 passes were below 10 yards...wtf?

pass-chart_TAN298716_2018-reg-5_1538944304949.jpeg

pass-chart_MAH401939_2018-reg-6_1539575150538.jpeg

Week 6 for the Chiefs.

13 passes go over 10 yards. They are an outflank offense yet they still pushed the ball downfield 13 times on almost the same amount of attemps as Tannehill in week 5. So doubled the amount of deep ball attempts...

And to note many of Mahomes passes behind the LOS was to Hill or Hunt. Gase rarely went to Grant behind the los...

And this is Tannehill against the Colts

pass-chart_TAN298716_2018-reg-12_1543192711842.jpeg

4 Passes out of 25 attempts went pass 10 yards. Wtf...

KC outflanks people but they also go vertical A LOT during their games. Gase tries to outflank but then barely goes vertical. Thats the difference. Reid knows you need explosive plays downfield. Even the Patriots who live and die by the short passing game, have plays going downfield consistently during games.

Tannehill in week 5. 6 pass attempts over 10 yards. And one of the 6 was a desperation heave at the end of the game. So really 5 passes.

30 passes were below 10 yards...wtf?

pass-chart_TAN298716_2018-reg-5_1538944304949.jpeg

pass-chart_MAH401939_2018-reg-6_1539575150538.jpeg

Week 6 for the Chiefs.

13 passes go over 10 yards. They are an outflank offense yet they still pushed the ball downfield 13 times on almost the same amount of attemps as Tannehill in week 5. So doubled the amount of deep ball attempts...

And to note many of Mahomes passes behind the LOS was to Hill or Hunt. Gase rarely went to Grant behind the los...

I think we are all figuring out that grant isn’t built for contact like tyreek hill is. Anyways kc does threaten vertical with like 4 different options and even the back out of the backfield. But their skill talent collection in addition to the scheme is top shelf.

I agree with you though that this offense use in 2018 is odd.

What I am seeing is what horry said with regards to how teams play tanny vs osweiler.

Tanny it’s force the run call os it’s force the pass. Ie with the box count

nobody cares about our running game. its harmless. they give us all the little runs
we want and shut us down on third down at leisure.

Good example. There’s no reason Ryan tannehill couldn’t execute this kind of offense ask.

Maybe you’d tone it down coming off a shoulder but fully healthy no reason.

I noticed Minnesota with cousins threatens the field more vertically also. But are the elite level 2 wr options driving that? Maybe

What elite options are driving the Rams? Brandin Cooks? Gerald Everrete? Josh Reynolds and Robert Woods?

I think we are all figuring out that grant isn’t built for contact like tyreek hill is. Anyways kc does threaten vertical with like 4 different options and even the back out of the backfield. But their skill talent collection in addition to the scheme is top shelf.

I agree with you though that this offense use in 2018 is odd.

I don't agree with that completely. He's a little less built for contact but Grant can definitely take contact. One of my friends is friends with a practice squad player on the Fins and they said Grant hurts people when he runs and can take almost all the contact in practice.

What elite options are driving the Rams? Brandin Cooks? Gerald Everrete? Josh Reynolds and Robert Woods?

That’s scheme all day long. And outrun angles ask of Gurley run or pass game.

Why Miami couldn’t run that I don’t know other than we lack the battering ram of gurley

I don't agree with that completely. He's a little less built for contact but Grant can definitely take contact. One of my friends is friends with a practice squad player on the Fins and they said Grant hurts people when he runs and can take almost all the contact in practice.

I don’t see it. I see him get spun like a top. I would just limit the ask with the player as a ball carrier more than I would hill.

But that’s just me.

That’s scheme all day long. And outrun angles ask of Gurley run or pass game.

Why Miami couldn’t run that I don’t know other than we lack the battering ram of gurley

Even without Gurley and when Mack Brown is in the game, they still get players open downfield all the time. Its all scheme but McVay schemes players vertically open almost every play whereas Gase schemes people open horizontally and expects them to make people miss to get explosive plays.

Thats the big difference, McVay doesn't hope for explosive plays to happen from players, he creates explosive plays from his schemes and most of the time routine passes for Goff to hit.

I don’t see it. I see him get spun like a top. I would just limit the ask with the player as a ball carrier more than I would hill.

But that’s just me.

I don't disagree with limiting more than Hill, but I still think its mind boggling how he cant get the ball in Grant's hands more than 2 times per game.

Even without Gurley and when Mack Brown is in the game, they still get players open downfield all the time. Its all scheme but McVay schemes players vertically open almost every play whereas Gase schemes people open horizontally and expects them to make people miss to get explosive plays.

Thats the big difference, McVay doesn't hope for explosive plays to happen from players, he creates explosive plays from his schemes and most of the time routine passes for Goff to hit.

That’s very well said.

I agree with that other post, NE and KC run alot of those same type of short passing plays- and they execute.

Not only do they threaten vertically, they use the middle of the filed way more then we do. It’s nice to have those Te’s also

Back
Top Bottom