Does Grier know who Shannahan wants? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Grier know who Shannahan wants?

I think we stay at 6 and get our player.
Me too. Only wildcard is the Panthers if they want a QB. If they offer us a 2nd this yr to move down two spots, and Smith and Waddle are still on the board, Grier will probably do it.

I love that the Jets could take Wilson at 2 , The guy had to fight to be a starter this yr. He played great at times but sucked in his biggest game of the season against a good coastal Carolina d. On the tape the guy is great, with two-arm surgeries and only one season of good qb play. Please JD take Wilson at 2. I want those 2 wins every year for the next 4
Get Darnold away from that shitshow and he will blow up somewhere else. How great would that be! Lol

I'm sorry if it wasn't obvious for you.

Yes, the 9ers are clearly taking a QB. The premise of this thread is based on them taking Mac, a QB thought by everyone to be a mid-late 1st round pick. Lance and Fields are considered top 10 prospects almost unanimously. By taking Mac, one of the "good" QB's slide to us.
I think they’re talking Lance. Mac’s a stiff. Just blowing smoke

I feel like half of you are just reacting to the title and didn't even bother reading the post. Clearly the 49ers are taking a QB. That's not even up for debate!

If Grier knows Shanny is picking Mac, that means Fields or Lance is falling to #6, making the #6 pick more valuable than the Eagles thought (as they assumed 9ers were taking Lance or Fields, meaning the chance of one of them being there at #6 is much smaller).
Correct! If those morons take Mac we will sell that pick to the Panthers for a king’s ransom and still get Smith or Waddle

Atlanta and the Bengals were happy to see the Dolphins trade out of the 3rd position in the draft. This allows the Falcons to draft Pitts at four and the Bengals will be able to get Chase at 5.
I have no doubt both teams were afraid the Dolphins might draft one of these players and now they both get what appears to be their first choice in the draft.
I thought the same until I saw Ryans cap number next yr. FIFTY EIGHT FREAKIN MILLION. No way they don’t take a QB

Atlanta and the Bengals were happy to see the Dolphins trade out of the 3rd position in the draft. This allows the Falcons to draft Pitts at four and the Bengals will be able to get Chase at 5.
I have no doubt both teams were afraid the Dolphins might draft one of these players and now they both get what appears to be their first choice in the draft.
I think Miami had three players in mind when they made the trade.

I do agree that Atlanta likely takes Pitts. But if SF drafts Jones, Fields could be in play either for the Falcons or a trade down.

Cincinnati probably takes Chase or Sewell.

Always a risk, I like his potential just don't see how they can go in a different direction at 2. They already have a ****load of picks and a terrible QB who wasn't picked by the current coach (or at least no attachment to). Maybe they think he's got something and that Gase killed it, then they go playmaker but I just don't see it.
(Some) think Darnold is as good as any QB in this draft beyond maybe Lawrence...but that's up for debate..maybe a new coaching staff will help Darnold? I just really doubt he'll be in NYC next season with the Jets, either way. I'd take a flyer on him though for a team with no QB. :shrug:

(Some) think Darnold is as good as any QB in this draft beyond maybe Lawrence...but that's up for debate..maybe a new coaching staff will help Darnold? I just really doubt he'll be in NYC next season with the Jets, either way. I'd take a flyer on him though for a team with no QB. :shrug:
I would have taken him as backup as I think he may have potential. For a 3rd, no brainer for a QB needy team...He may be Rosen or he may be Tanny. I do like JB as our backup though, nice pick by staff

I think Miami had three players in mind when they made the trade.

I do agree that Atlanta likely takes Pitts. But if SF drafts Jones, Fields could be in play either for the Falcons or a trade down.

Cincinnati probably takes Chase or Sewell.
I don’t. Read my earlier post.

Agree. As soon as he gets away from that shitshow and gets with a good team he’ll do well. Much like Tannehill he has some tools. He’s a good QB but the Jets ruined him.

If we took Pitts or Chase at 3...I couldn't imagine the bi-atching on here! It will now be the same posters that will bitch about losing out on them at 6...
Where are all our 'value' spewers? There's no way TE or WR are worth it right? No way those two go top 5. No Value, isn't the rest of the NFL as smart as our Finheaven Vaule Pack.

If we took Pitts or Chase at 3...I couldn't imagine the bi-atching on here! It will now be the same posters that will bitch about losing out on them at 6...
Where are all our 'value' spewers? There's no way TE or WR are worth it right? No way those two go top 5. No Value, isn't the rest of the NFL as smart as our Finheaven Vaule Pack.

First, we have to assume Flo's top targets are Pitts/Chase. Then we have to assume both will be gone by #6. Then we have to assume Flo/Grier thought they were worth a #3. Obviously, they didn't. No offense to my FH brothers and sister, but what we want doesn't matter.
The FO clearly has a name(s) they feel confident will be there at #6, Likely one of the names I want, but maybe not. I don't think they'll go TBaum on us, so I doubt I'll be suicidal with the pick

OP:

How in hell would ANY arm chair goofus, on ANY sports board know something like that? Even if shan was assinine enough to leak his choice out, no one would leak it because it would then ruin THEIR strategy.

Now, is grier guessing? Hell yeah he is like every other gm is and sometimes their GUESS pans out. Most times not, just like board flunkies. But going to sports boards asking a clueless bunch of arm chair experts is like trying to screw a rolling donut. If you make it......, it's pure luck.

74863322-770-0@2X (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom