Does Haslett (sp.?) lose his job IF... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Haslett (sp.?) lose his job IF...

Fire Haslett at year's end???

• Yes! But fire his dumb *** NOW!

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yes, fire him IF Sammy proves to be another R. Williams.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes, but only if Sammy is instrumental in getting to and winning a Super Bowl.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, don't fire Haslett. He is "da man" and, besides, Fin fans are just deluded - BOTH Williams & Kn

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ok, as I see it, LAST YEAR this shmoe of a coach trades R. Williams because he "just doesn't fit with what we're doing here".

Mr. Williams? He goes on to have one of the top 10 best rushing seasons of all-time, leads the league in rushing, breaks numerous Miami Dolphins' rushing records, and wins the Pro Bowl MVP award. Hmmm... not bad.

THIS YEAR, Haslett once again lets go of (for nothing, mind you) one of the best safeties in the game BECAUSE... he's "too slow" and he "just doesn't fit with what we're doing here."

Ok. :rolleyes:

Here's my question/guess:

If Sammy Knight keeps up (or betters) his average of 5 INT's per year and registers a couple of fumbles (forced/recovered), along with 75 +/- tackles... goes to the Pro Bowl... maybe/hopefully winds a Super Bowl ring :D ...

I mean, wouldn't YOU fire Haslett?!?

Perhaps this idiot - oops, errr... coach... should be thinking about CHANGING "what we're doing here" instead of trashing (or, at the very least, under-appreciating) some of his best players.

What's you're take?

Last edited by a moderator:
The people in New Orleans think he is doing the right thing which makes it funny. They think they ripped us off in the Ricky Williams deal :lol: Haslett won't get fired even though he choked in this draft (giving up 2 first rounders to move up and draft Jonathan Seymour is a joke) and their defense has gotten worse from the **** it was last season.

All depends on what happens in New Orleans. What happens in Miami really doesn't matter. If NO sputters again, his azz is grass. And the Nick Saban rumors will fly.

Well This isnt the first time a coach has taken over from the previous staff and started bringing in his own personnel. With the likes of Ricky and Knight theres also Joe johnson, Willie Roaf, and La'Roi Glover, and Kyle Turley. A couple might have left do to cash restraints, but I'm sure if they really wanted to keep most of these guys they could have. Hell IMO most of these guys could probably start at their respective positions on most teams in the league. Ricky has been replaced for Deuce, Roaf(who was injured when let go) for Gandy, Glover and they still have a rotation of Smith, Jackson and the rookie Sullivan. Johnson and they are left with Howard, Grant and whitehead at DE. Turley and Knight are where they really have question marks IMO Spencer Folau for Turley at right tackle seems like a bad roster move(although i heard Folau did well there last year) and Knight for ???.... For the most part though it looks like the Saints got younger, and didnt lose too much talent in the process. I guess it all depends what they do this year and what kinda understanding Haslett has with ownership...

Originally posted by Muck
All depends on what happens in New Orleans. What happens in Miami really doesn't matter. If NO sputters again, his azz is grass. And the Nick Saban rumors will fly.
and besides Rick Mueller is the Director of Player Personnel and Mickey Loomis is the Executive Vice President/General Manager of Football Operations so Haslett does not make all decisions. I agree NO will not be paying that close attention to Sammy

Back
Top Bottom