Does it really matter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does it really matter?

Dbergan

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
OK...so maybe we look a bit stupid right now w/ the Dan news and all. But the question I pose is....does this news really matter? Fact is, Marino would have done very little this year anyway. The learning curve would have been huge. I think Dan would have begun to flex his muscles probably the year after at best.

So, lets look at this as a positive...or at least NOT a big negative and figure that Rick now can really run w/ the ball and show us what he's made of. Also, perhaps we can start thinking of someone who would fit that role well....anyone think Shula might be a fit?

Another attention whore. There's only 999 other threads on the same topic.

Merging in 3...2...1....

:lol:

yeah, picture this:

Rookie Rivers drops back to pass and hits chambers across the middle on the first play of the first game of the season and chambers takes it the distance and suddenly..........everyone forgets Wayne Huizenga owns this team.

i think you're wrong on the fact that even if we draft rivers...he will not start

but point well made...in the coming weeks, this isnt going to be a big deal at all. It has happened, now everyone move on

agree with you a bit... marino wasnt doing anything, it just looks bad for the organization from a production stand point i dont think it changes anything, just like hiring him didn't change anything. We have the same issues to address, that's spielmans responsibility, and we have the core of the team coming back to make a super bowl run with or without dan in the front office. so to this news, i say, whatever... ill enjoy the posts of everyone overreacting in the meantime, but in the end, nothings really changed.

Originally posted by Snickersbps
i think you're wrong on the fact that even if we draft rivers...he will not start

but point well made...in the coming weeks, this isnt going to be a big deal at all. It has happened, now everyone move on

I disagree, i think we will get brunell and draft Rivers and Rivers will beat him out and we will cut Brunell and send him back to Jack Del Rio!:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by finfan54

I disagree, i think we will get brunell and draft Rivers and Rivers will beat him out and we will cut Brunell and send him back to Jack Del Rio!:lol: :lol:

I'm one biggest Rivers fan on this board but in your dreams that will happen.Now if is Fiedler than I can understand your logic but not Brunell.

For whatever reason, WH seems to want a "football guy" at the top. W/ Dan backing out, kind of makes you wonder who would be a fit for this type of job? I mentioned Shula.....and while the idea of an ex coach may be a bit weird, he has a lot of the same attributes that Dan did. A big phin fan; huge fan base, etc. Also, he has experience doing what both Rick and Wanny do....and, WH's comments about "staying out of your subordinates business" just makes someone like Shula even more viable. Anyone else jump out as an option?

My guess is Wayne does nothing for awhile until the smoke settles. I suspect he will think long and hard before any future actions like this occur.

Originally posted by finfan54

Oh, Please.......:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom