Does it seem.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does it seem....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
like the refs are against us? and the commentators favor us? .....That was a TD by Chambers, we got robbed 4 points! we must stop these dumb penalties....:mad:

It wasn't a TD.

The rule is he has to have the ball when he hits the ground. Chambers lost control of the ball when he hit.

Dont blame the refs, they didn't write the rulebook.

We had something like this turned back against the Texans.

4th and long

your a dumbass. He had the ball when his two FEET HIT THE ground. 2 feet down and possession= a catch. He lost the ball after all this occurred

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
It wasn't a TD.

The rule is he has to have the ball when he hits the ground. Chambers lost control of the ball when he hit.

Dont blame the refs, they didn't write the rulebook.

We had something like this turned back against the Texans.

So you're trying to tell me that if he catches the ball in the endzone and then starts celebrating, but someone gets pissed off and drills him and the ball comes out of his hands and hits the ground 10 seconds after the catch, it's incomplete?

You know you would be throwing a remote at the TV if that was Moulds that they called it against. Besides, the ground forced the ball out. What if you catch the ball in the middle of the field at the 50 yard line. Have possession, turn around, and get hit, you fall to the ground (still have possession) and then when you hit the ground, the ball pops out. That's incomplete? If you ask me, it's like a ground forced fumble. You have possession and the ground caused a fumble. But in Chambers' case, he was out of bounds already before the ground caused the fumble.

It's a strange rule, but you have to make a football move, or if you are falling down maintain possesion as you hit the ground. It should be changed for sideline, and endzone catches, but that is the rule.

The refs called it right, it's just a dumbass rule.

I know refereeing in the NBA is rigged.I know boxing is rigged.Im sure a few important hockey and soccer games have been rigged.Im sure a few Yankee games have been too.Ive always been pretty much in favor of NFL officiating,and i know this one guy,i think his name is Phil something,the same guy who messed up the coin toss on that Thanksgiving day game,who really really sucks and every game is see him on(Dolphins and others) he messes up.This year,tho,it does seem the officials are against us.Ive always been nuetral on this issue in the NFL,but this year,something smells fishy(no pun intended).

Ok... can someone then explain how it is different when a running back runs into the endzone and fumbles it? I've seen it many times, and its always ruled a TD.

Different player, same theory...

Different situation AJ. Once the running back breaks the goal line, the drive is over. It makes no difference what he does once the ball goes across that white line.

In a catch situation, the player has to establish certain criteria. That is the difference.

I thought Chambers had possession and then lost it AFTER he hit the ground.

So are you telling me that a WR has to catch the ball, get both feet down, maintain possession(all of which Chambers did), and then hold on to the ball after he hits the sidelines?

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87

The refs called it right, it's just a dumbass rule.

This is right guys! The refs did call it right. It is a really stupid rule!

Did Phil Luckett officiate this game? He's the worst official I have ever seen. However, injured Fiedler or not this game should not have been close. From the last two 'Phins games that I have seen. Zach Thomas is the only one who is even trying.

Back
Top Bottom