Does JR come back? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does JR come back?

3P

I believe I can fly!
Reaction score
Hypothetical scenario(mostly... I see this as very likely to happen):

We miss the playoffs.
Wanny & Co. are given their walking papers.
We start a semi-rebuild mode trying to fix all our holes quickly.

Seems to me that a new HC and assistants would bring the possibility of a complete rebuild, and if that is the perception amongst the players... I wonder if some of the older players who came here because they thought it gave them the best chance at a championship would change their mind?? This mainly pertains to Junior... but I suppose it encompasses others like Knight (though I don't think he's old enough to want to retire)... and even those that weren't brought in in the offseason (i.e Marion). Call me pessemistic if you will for starting offseason talk already... but I don't see the point in discussing this season any further. We all know what they have to do, they know what they have to do. If they do it, then this talk may not apply... but the way things are looking they most likely will. So what do you think? Will players like Junior stick around and weather the possible rebuild that could be comming?

In quick when wanny & co go there will be a rebuild but only at offense most coaches IMO would be drooling to come in with the talent on defense.......the D just lacks coaching

How do you rebuild the offense with the defense hogging 3/4 of the starting salary? There would have to be some sort of shake up on the D for that to happen. I'm curious as to wether the rebuilding of the 0 (that's right, that's a zero not a letter.) and the process of trying to get money back from the D could create a situation where it might be hard to attract (or keep) players who are willing to take a pay cut to play for a team they think has a shot at the SB...

all you have to do is

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
How do you rebuild the offense with the defense hogging 3/4 of the starting salary? There would have to be some sort of shake up on the D for that to happen. I'm curious as to wether the rebuilding of the 0 (that's right, that's a zero not a letter.) and the process of trying to get money back from the D could create a situation where it might be hard to attract (or keep) players who are willing to take a pay cut to play for a team they think has a shot at the SB...

take a look at our neighbors in Tampa. A great coach and a few offensive personnel tweaks and we're there. We are that close. especially since the whoever makes it to the SB this year from the AFC will most definetly win it all.

There's already been talk of Junior being approached in regards to extending his contract. He will count nearly $3.35 million against the cap next year as it stands now. So a renegotiation is certainly something the Phins want to explore.

Sammy is only 29 (as is BG). So at least Sammy will not be retireing soon. JR I think will stick a year or so to try and get the ring. Marion on the other hand may go. he has his ring and is a bit long in the tooth. I wonder if that happens and freeman goes who plays FS? Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom