Does Lucas's NFL Career Ride on this game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Lucas's NFL Career Ride on this game?

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
Seems to me that after his last outing, if he plays even half as bad against Green Bay as he did against the Bills, that he can pretty much kiss his NFL career goodbye.

So in that sense, this is the biggest game of Ray's life, and that is a hell of a lot of pressure. I hope he is up to the task.

Dolphan06 says he heard that Ray is not even taking snaps, and
that excits me. I have to admit, even though its probably not based soley in reason, I think I would rather see Sage get the start.

As for Ray, am I wrong? Is this not THE GAME that could spell the end of his career in the NFL if he doesn't get his sh1t together??

i would say its the most important "half" of his nfl career...he's on a short leash, and will probably get pulled forever after, say, 2 picks

"Does Lucas's NFL Career Ride on this game?"

Well, I know this game rides lucas's carreer with the Dolphins, But I dont know about the NFL Career, Im sure if we were ever to let him go for whatever reason, someone out there would give him a shot.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
"Does Lucas's NFL Career Ride on this game?"

Well, I know this game rides lucas's carreer with the Dolphins, But I dont know about the NFL Career, Im sure if we were ever to let him go for whatever reason, someone out there would give him a shot.
that's for sure as much as he played the worst game I have ever seen a player play ag the Bills, he is still better than most teams backup QBs.

If I am wrong, he can always go back to playing on STs :rolleyes:

I can't beleave if he throws another 4 picks, or sngle handedly loses another game that any team would want to pick up a 31 year old after we cut him. He didn't take any snaps last week, but he returned to full practice on monday, and Dave said he was fine.

In the sense that a poor performance could relegate him to complete obscurity, yeah I guess this game could break his NFL career.

Well, unless...well it appears that Dave Campo will be let go after this season by the Cowboys and the most likely candidate to replace him is signal caller Bruce Coslet. Coslet wants a mobile strong-gun quarterback running his offense, in the mold of Jeff Blake. If the Dolphins get rid of Ray Lucas you may see Coslet jump on him, rather than going with the 33 year old Blake or even worst, Akili Smith.

manny: a season doesn't ride on one non-conference game. only a guy who thought the bills' winning percentage would IMPROVE to .750 without bledsoe and moulds would make a comment like that.

You can't judge him too much yet. Remember, he got hurt early in that game against the Bills and it's still bothering him. He wasn't even close to 100% against the Bills (for the majority of the game) and won't be against the Packers either. It's hard to judge a player when he is hurt.

I don't really see how his career doesn't ride on this game. If he plays very poorly again he will be benched, and Rosenfels will play untill Feidler comes back. Then he would be cut in the offseason due to him making 1 mill +. Who would want to sign a 31 year old back up who played horrible in his last 2 games in a very easy offense?

Honestly, Dallas was talking about bringing in Akili Smith, how many games has he had? How about Ryan Leaf? Teams are stupid and/or are desperate for a QB. No matter how bad he plays, team will remember 1999, and sign him. At least there is always the Bengals......

I dont think it is a career game but a game to c if he stays wit miami

Originally posted by BMarion31
Honestly, Dallas was talking about bringing in Akili Smith, how many games has he had? How about Ryan Leaf? Teams are stupid and/or are desperate for a QB. No matter how bad he plays, team will remember 1999, and sign him. At least there is always the Bengals......

I am going to let you figure out the flaw in your assement by your self. Akili and Ryan have something in common besides being a struggleing QB. Ray does not share this qualitywith them. I will give you a hint, it may or may not include a #.

Back
Top Bottom