Does Marino have what it takes to manage? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Marino have what it takes to manage?

themole

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
There has been some speculation as to whether DM has what it takes
to manage.

I picked this little piece off the wire . I thought it would give some insight to whether Dan can seperate friendship from business and make quility decisions.

These words are from former Dolphins tight end Brian Kinchen, who was just brought in by the Pats to do long snapping duties.

Despite his low draft status, Kinchen was an early Dolphins celebrity after dethroning quarterback Dan Marino as the club's best golfer. Kinchen remembers Marino has a complex personality.

"Dan in his own way was a loving person, but also a typical male," he said. "He would ridicule you if you weren't like him. Dan was just Dan. Every time he took me to the golf course, he treated me like a man. But when he got back to the football complex and around coach [Don] Shula, he wasn't the happiest guy in the world. But I understand him and love him for who he is."

While this leaves alot of unanswerd questions. It does give insight as to whether Dan has the ability to seperate business from pleasure.

What's your take?

Dan managed the game, he managed his teammates, and he managed his family. I see no reason why he can't do this. You also have to take into account the person's personality who said this. Is he kind of a sensitive guy?

I think Dan will do fine, and really, all he is going to be doing this year is helping evaluate QB's, and possibly WR's. Other than that he will just be learning a lot of stuff.

Can you remember all those years Dan wanted to draft Offense and we always would do the opposite by drafting defense? Dan always knew what the really needed, he just never had the final say. Now he does, somewhat at least, and believe me Dan will do a hell of a job with personell decisions.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Dan managed the game, he managed his teammates, and he managed his family. I see no reason why he can't do this. You also have to take into account the person's personality who said this. Is he kind of a sensitive guy?

I think Dan will do fine, and really, all he is going to be doing this year is helping evaluate QB's, and possibly WR's. Other than that he will just be learning a lot of stuff.

I'm in agreement 87. I also believe this is only the begining with DM. He most likely will own the Miami Dolphins within ten years.

Originally posted by Trackstar#6
Can you remember all those years Dan wanted to draft Offense and we always would do the opposite by drafting defense? Dan always knew what the really needed, he just never had the final say. Now he does, somewhat at least, and believe me Dan will do a hell of a job with personell decisions.

I know..I know. But we can't really argue with building a dominate defense 1st. We all know defense wins championships. With the "D" we have...we were only a few sustained drives or completed field goals from a first round by...then who knows what could have been.

I've always had faith in Dan's management abilites...so what if he's not a PowerPoint expert or a 5-year Strategic Plan genius...or has a proper cover sheet on every intradepartment memo he sends........

Anybody seen Office Space? :D

He'll do fine...just needs to learn the business side in general to be a force.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Anybody seen Office Space? :D

"Hell you don't need a million dollars to do nothin man." "Look at my cousin, he's broke and he don't do sh**" :lol:

I love that freakin movie

And btw... I don't like to talk about my flare.

Back
Top Bottom