Does Miami have an answer for the AFC East? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Miami have an answer for the AFC East?

TrojanFin

Make It Rain!
Reaction score
So how are the Phins going shut down NE and their top-tier TE's? Whose footsteps are going to keep Welker awake at night? Which DL can get in Brady's head and put him on the ground?

Which WR is going to challenge Revis and make his way to pay-dirt? Who is our Jets killer and which of our kick returners that can scorch the opposing special teams and take it to the house? Who is going to go over the middle and can be clutch against Gang Green's LB corps when we need those extra 5 yards?

Who is capable of bottling up the likes of a Fred Jackson and Spiller? Who is our ball-hawk that can intercept Ryan Fitzpatrick when he goes on a tear? Who can match up with Stevie Johnson toe-to-toe and blanket him?

These are things that need to be answered if we are to win just in our own division, let alone a conference or a Super Bowl.

I look back to several weeks ago, and it was funny to see that we were deemed by a few to be just a few pieces away from contending. The harsh reality is it may be time to rebuild, because I am not seeing the answers to most of these questions.

What are the pieces that are going to take us there? I am assuming they will only come from actually hitting on players in the upcoming drafts to fit our system and not necessarily banking on FA to be the answer and forcing a fit or grabbing someone to make a "Splash" out of desperation. The solution is not a 35 year old band-aid in the form of a QB. Its about developing young talent and creating a culture knows it can challenge the best in its division. Honestly I am just looking forward to the draft at this point and hoping this new coach of ours can get the best out of them.

Who's going to shut down the players you mentioned on the Bills? How about the same guys that did this past season?..... Twice

Ask these questions after the draft not after one day into FA.

NE's tight ends will still present a problem.  Pass rush still won't get to Brady unless we somehow land Mario Williams.

WCO will move the ball on Jets' defense, even with Flynn throwing.

Bills' offense does not present a problem for our defense.

We are going to get f'n destroyed next year. Hate to be the bearer of bad news

We are going to get f'n destroyed next year. Hate to be the bearer of bad news

How are we going to get destroyed worse than we did this year?  Because we don't have Marshall?

Who's going to shut down the players you mentioned on the Bills? How about the same guys that did this past season?..... Twice

That's what I was thinking. Didn't we knock Freddy Jackson out for the season and hold Buffalo to 0 3rd down conversions in 2 games. Not to mention Vontae was on Stevie Johnson like a cheap suit. I'm pretty sure you can throw that one out.

And the Jets, well they couldn't beat us with a potential playoff berth on the line and no Bush or Long. Bess vs Wilson was automatic in the 2nd half.

You have a point with NE but only the New York football Giants seem to have those answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys went 3-3 against the division last year; it's not like the phins couldn't compete.

3-3 is terrible.

We should be aiming higher than just be average (.500)...

Exactly it's sad when we're justifying average at best. Not to mention we've only made our roster worse with our recent moves (as of now).

I was just looking at some of the past scores between the Patriots and the Phins. You want to know the last time we swept them? It was back in 2000 when Bledsoe was still their quarterback, and we had Fiedler at the helm.

We have never swept them since Brady became the starting QB. I think our first goal should be to figure out how to sweep the Patriots, and at that point I'll say we've arrived and are no longer rebuilding. At our current rate, it'll probably happen after Brady retires. I hope I am wrong and it happens sooner.

Let's hope that Reggie Bush has another 200 yard rushing game to put the Bills away again. Honestly, I am the least worried about the Bills and threw them in there to be thorough when discussing the division. I am more concerned about the Jets and the Patriots. Sparano knows our players well and their weaknesses. The Patriots are still the team to beat.

You guys went 3-3 against the division last year; it's not like the phins couldn't compete.

That looks nice but they were 2-0 against Buf when Buf was in the middle of 7 game losing streak and losing 9 of their last 11 and they beat the jets when the Jets had already collapsed and only had the slimmest of margins to get into the playoffs.

Miami still has nice pieces in place, the offseason is long. I would expect when the dust settles Miami will be a 6-8 win type of team w/ a chance to compete for postseason if they get some breaks.

Back
Top Bottom