Does Miami Have The Least Talented Offense In The Nfl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Miami Have The Least Talented Offense In The Nfl?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a downer, just looking for a realistic opinion as the team heads towards another draft. Look at it by position.

Quarterback
We all know the team is trying to find the quarterback of the future either in 2019 or 2020 (or both). Finding the right player there is critical. As it stands, Miami has Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starter. I admire that Fitzpatrick has a gunslinger mentality and came here for the opportunity to start. But, we all know what he is. Fitzpatrick is a top-level backup and a low-tier starter.

Offensive Line
Tunsil is one of the few building blocks this team has and is already at least a top 10 left tackle in the league. A couple of youngsters could fare better with a new staff like maybe Davis and Asiata. Davis is probably better suited for depth, but he is athletic and can play guard or tackle. Asiata is more of a power player, who doesn't move that well. Perhaps this new offense could be better suited to his strengths. Kilgore is a decent center coming off an injury and is a stop gap at best. I know very little about Chris Reed, the pickup from Jacksonville, but he probably has a good chance to start. Bottom line, Miami needs at least two starters, maybe three. Right now this is a bad unit, one that a young quarterback would struggle behind.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends
This is probably a relative strength for the Dolphins, but when Stills is your best receiver you know opposing defensive coordinators aren't losing sleep. I like Stills and I like the speed of the unit with Wilson and Grant. Both are big-play guys, but both are coming off injuries. Parker gets another chance with a new coaching staff. If he has a good season, I'd look to trade him at the deadline. At tight end, bringing in Dwayne Allen should help. I still think Gesicki has a ton of potential and should contribute more. I'm not sure where this unit ranks in the NFL, but it's probably somewhere in the middle of the pack at best.

Running Back
It's hard to say what the team has at running back. I'm a fan of Drake's, but we've got to see more production. Ballage, in limited action, looked good. I think Miami will bring in a rookie who is more of a short-yardage guy, maybe in the later rounds.

Thoughts?

IDK I feel like Arizona has a worse offense. Their QB right now is is thrash compared to Fitzpatrick. They have a 36 year way past his prime Fitzgerald and not much else, I think as a unit we are better. David Johnson almost had 1k yards last season but averaged a pedestrian 3.6 ypc, and their OL is inferior to ours.

No... believe it or not we actually have more than enough playmakers on offense to steal some games. Our defense on the other hand... ugh!

If they do it’s by design. Sometimes I question whether everyone understands what they’re actually trying to do.

Drake, Wilson, Grant are good to watch, Fitz will have his moments, wont be totally dire I dont think. Bet it's more fun than the Cutler season. We know we won't win many so I'm gonna enjoy the big plays (think there will be a few) and embrace the losses (think there will be a few)

I believe Wilson is actually our best WR but he is coming back from that injury and he's not ready to get out there yet and yes, I have to agree that WR is our strongest position on offense which is not saying much.

Not sure why Asiata would be a good fit. Normally NE likes bigger OT's and quicker interior guys. I don't care how many good skill players you have, if the O-line is bad then you're not going very far. I believe we'll draft at least two O-line guys and maybe even 3.

I think the only two first round picks Miami has used on an offensive skilled position in the past 10 years are Tannehill and Parker. That has to be amongst the lowest number first round picks allocated to wr, rb, qb or te in the league, especially by a team that didn't have top level talent at those positions to begin with.

I think the only two first round picks Miami has used on an offensive skilled position in the past 10 years are Tannehill and Parker. That has to be amongst the lowest number first round picks allocated to wr, rb, qb or te in the league, especially by a team that didn't have top level talent at those positions to begin with.
Wow. That really says something. You would think the defense would be dominant.

Honestly we have good pieces, but like dude said, this team isnt built to win. If we had anything that resembled and NFL offensive line then this team easily wins 8 games. Or let me say the offense is good enough to win 8 games... we still dont have a d line. A good qb which is what were gunning for in 2020 and finish the online and we have an offense that can get to playoffs.

Honestly we have good pieces, but like dude said, this team isnt built to win. If we had anything that resembled and NFL offensive line then this team easily wins 8 games. Or let me say the offense is good enough to win 8 games... we still dont have a d line. A good qb which is what were gunning for in 2020 and finish the online and we have an offense that can get to playoffs.
The horrendous play of the offensive line certainly hasn't made it easy for skilled players to succeed here.

We need find alot of playmakers this upcoming week. In the draft and right afterwards signing undrafted free agents.

Agree w superphin - AZ probably is worse. We actually are quite good at WR (in spite of Parker) and RB. QB is below average. O-line and TEs are beyond horrendous. As for Tunsil being a building block, everyone realizes that by the time we field a competent QB we won’t be able to afford him, right?

I believe Wilson is actually our best WR but he is coming back from that injury and he's not ready to get out there yet and yes, I have to agree that WR is our strongest position on offense which is not saying much.

Not sure why Asiata would be a good fit. Normally NE likes bigger OT's and quicker interior guys. I don't care how many good skill players you have, if the O-line is bad then you're not going very far. I believe we'll draft at least two O-line guys and maybe even 3.

I forget which member said it here, but they had a similar injury and said they'd be surprised to see Wilson back to his same form. For what it's worth.

Back
Top Bottom