Does Miami Have The Least Talented Offense In The Nfl? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Miami Have The Least Talented Offense In The Nfl?

Honestly we have good pieces, but like dude said, this team isnt built to win. If we had anything that resembled and NFL offensive line then this team easily wins 8 games. Or let me say the offense is good enough to win 8 games... we still dont have a d line. A good qb which is what were gunning for in 2020 and finish the online and we have an offense that can get to playoffs.

But we don't. The offensive line is 2 solid pieces away from being halfway decent. The tight ends we have are currently a joke.

Miami's two best receivers currently are coming off of injury.

We have no bellcow for a running back.

Our best safety is also our best nickel cornerback.

Our best defensive end is widely considered a draft bust.

This team desperately needs to hit on some draft picks and find some UDFAs that can be long term contributors.

Oh, and lock up our only two assets for the future (Tunsil and Howard)

Agree w superphin - AZ probably is worse. We actually are quite good at WR (in spite of Parker) and RB. QB is below average. O-line and TEs are beyond horrendous. As for Tunsil being a building block, everyone realizes that by the time we field a competent QB we won’t be able to afford him, right?
That is a good question. How many good/great players can a team legitimately keep? I think they can accommodate Howard and Tunsil with a franchise quarterback. Beyond that I'm not sure.

But we don't. The offensive line is 2 solid pieces away from being halfway decent. The tight ends we have are currently a joke.

Miami's two best receivers currently are coming off of injury.

We have no bellcow for a running back.

Our best safety is also our best nickel cornerback.

Our best defensive end is widely considered a draft bust.

This team desperately needs to hit on some draft picks and find some UDFAs that can be long term contributors.

Oh, and lock up our only two assets for the future (Tunsil and Howard)
If I'm being honest, the team is currently a mess. I see more talent and potential on the defense, but I agree the front office needs to be very effective in the draft.

The offensive "weapons" on this team I feel are pretty overrated on this board. Wilson showed some flashes last year but he's a glorified slot receiver that made some hay on some gadget plays last year. Coming back from a bad injury so who knows how that works out.

Grant makes me believe he can be good but yet here we are going into his 4th year and I'm still waiting. Also serious injury for him.

Parker is well.,,,..Parker. Still waiting for that ship to sail.

Gesicki looked liked a baby giraffe trying to hump a door knob last year. He was awkward to watch frail around out there. Still early but boy he looked bad at times.

Drake is ok. Nothing really bad to say about him but he's not someone I'm really relying on to carrying this team.

Stills. Good role player.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about everyone mentioned above at one point in time, but that shine has worn off. Not terrible but nothing overly exciting.

The QB and oline I don't think are going to move the needle for the "weapons" either.

The Pats are absolute atrocious but somehow with a geriatric Brady they'll still put up 30 a game.

It really dont matter. We not going to playoff but flores need get some talent in draft asap or veteran player to help him get started. Dont be fools like Jackson Bengals coached..

The Pats are absolute atrocious but somehow with a geriatric Brady they'll still put up 30 a game.
Just goes to show how important an elite quarterback is. Also, the Patriots have quietly put together a nice offensive line and a running game.

I think the only two first round picks Miami has used on an offensive skilled position in the past 10 years are Tannehill and Parker. That has to be amongst the lowest number first round picks allocated to wr, rb, qb or te in the league, especially by a team that didn't have top level talent at those positions to begin with.
Actually, that is probably the best way to draft. Out of those four positions, qb is probably the only position you would be getting value at in the first round. You could make a case for wide receiver as the next position of value but taking a running back in the first round would be the stupidest thing a gm could ever do in my opinion. TE is also a position that is rarely targeted for the first round. The first round is generally reserved for qb, pass rushers, offensive tackles, and elite players in the secondary. You could also make a case for elite type wide receivers and defensive tackles.

This is a damn good point. There is very little talent on that offense when you look at it on paper. Even Gronk looked like he was laboring just to get off of the LOS last year. He played his best game in the SB. You wouldn’t look at that roster and say, “boy is that team stacked”.

Just goes to show how important an elite quarterback is. Also, the Patriots have quietly put together a nice offensive line and a running game.
They have a good o-line but they always do - no matter who lines up. And at 41 Brady is not elite anymore. He had some real clunkers last year Vs Detroit and Tennessee. He can’t go deep any longer. Somehow they manage to win without having to take the deep shots they did back in the day so to speak. Point is, they have a nice offensive lineup but it is far from “great”. Yet, they still make it look easy most weeks.

Actually, that is probably the best way to draft. Out of those four positions, qb is probably the only position you would be getting value at in the first round. You could make a case for wide receiver as the next position of value but taking a running back in the first round would be the stupidest thing a gm could ever do in my opinion. TE is also a position that is rarely targeted for the first round. The first round is generally reserved for qb, pass rushers, offensive tackles, and elite players in the secondary. You could also make a case for elite type wide receivers and defensive tackles.

I agree. WR and TE are certainly valuable if you hit on them, but the miss rate on WR's is very high, and TE typically takes a while longer than most positions to develop. It's OK, though not optimal, if a 1st takes a year to develop. Much beyond that, you're starting to throw away the value of the rookie contract.

Adding to the messiness, both positions are heavily dependent on QB play. Amari Cooper is one of the five or so safest WR prospects of the decade, and before he went to Dallas, many were questioning whether he was a bust. For WR in particular, though, if you have a shot at a guy that checks all (or most) of the boxes, you should take the risk - preferably when your QB and OL are in place. 2020 looks to have a few who are likely to earn 1st Round grades/be about as close to sure things as you get. 2019, like most years, is a good class to take a swing if the right guy falls to the 2nd or 3rd. For Miami, Harry and Brown deserve strong consideration in the 2nd, same for Isabella in the 3rd, and Morgan Jr Day 3. You have to factor in a higher miss rate than most (if not all) other premium positions, but I think the value of the position dictates that you should plan to draft one on Day 2 or 3 just about every year. If you're looking for the right things, and you find your QB, you'll hit enough to make the misses worthwhile.

I forget which member said it here, but they had a similar injury and said they'd be surprised to see Wilson back to his same form. For what it's worth.
Yeah I'm not holding my breath. This is why I believe a WR in this draft is very possible. I think the injuries to Wilson and Grant are a big reason why Parker is back.

When the best "**** it I'm going deep" qb is playing with all the speed Miami has then I doubt they'll be anywhere near bottom of the NFL in offense.

Back
Top Bottom