Does MIKE MARTZ put in SAGE if .... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does MIKE MARTZ put in SAGE if ....

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
he was coaching the Dolphins. Our freakin staff needs to stop catering to personalities and make some moves with some balls. I think WANNY is scared to make a shakeup. As u can see I am venting. Thanx for listening. This is carthartic for me.

Maybe they know that Sage isn't ready yet.

Muck, what the hell does that mean.

He cant be any worse than RAY. HE simply cannot do any worse then RAY. Not ready? Explain. Not Ready is the problem of this team. He is on the roster and he is getting paid. He better be ready. He cant be worse. I dont buy it

I agree, we lost 3 with Ray so what's the difference.

If Lucas plays next week I will not watch. I can't take it anymore.

This should have been our seson and it is out the window. I afraid that we will not overcome this.

I hope to hear tomorrow that changes are going to be made and Rosenfels will start.

:monkey: JETS :fire: :fire: :fire:

Who cares about Mike Martz? He's an idiot! He is so stupid, he doesn't even give Marshall Faulk the ball. I'd take Norv over Martz.

I think it can be MUCH worse than it was tonight. Ray didn't play badly. He played pretty well IMO. Ray looks great in practice every week. How can you put in a young'n who doesn't look as good in practice?? I didn't hear anybody jumping for joy when Sage came in those three plays last week. We were all panicking. 6 days later, we're clamoring over him. Now where's the logic in that??

Two months ago, everybody was clamoring over Ray Lucas. Now it's Sage Rosenfels. When Marino was in his last few years, it was Damon Huard. The backup QB is always the most popular guy in town.

People are basing all this Rosefels stuff on one or two PRESEASON games. Games against guys who are bagging groceries now. Look at the Redskins TEAM. They were dominating everyone in the preseason. Now they're getting their asses whipped.

Hell, Dave Dickenson is on the roster and is getting paid. You want to put him in too??

With your logic, I guess the Steelers would have never known about Tommy Maddox. Argument OVER! You have no response to that. We just dont know what Sage can do at this point. We need more than 10 points a game. We need a spark. It cant get any worse.

p.s. 3 plays is not enough.

I think id rather have Dickenson. He has a whole year in Turner's system, and at least won in the cfl. Sounds kinda like Garcia. He never did anything till he got a chance. I still dont understand how we cant throw a deep ball. Norv had Flutie last year and Conway, a crappy o-line and they still managed the deep ball. Even Lucas has to have a better arm then old Flutie. Lets start Rosenfels, see how bad he sux then start Dickenson. Gotta try something cuz Lucas the cry baby isnt goin to cut it. Are we thinking of next year already? I still dont understand how Ricky isnt in the ball game when we are down by 3 in the 4th quarter???!!!! We dont want to give up another 1st rounder? Its f$%king ridiculous. A division game and ricky aint in there??? Somebody's head better get screwed on straight in our coaching staff.

Last week I quivered at the thought of Sage comming in, but now I would be all for it. The Ravens D is 5x the D the Jets have. Ray has turned the ball over 9 times, and if the Jets could make a play it would be 12. I just don't see him doing any better next week against a superior defense, so why not give Sage a shot. what is the worst that could happen? We will probably lose either way, so why not try?

Originally posted by Denny
With your logic, I guess the Steelers would have never known about Tommy Maddox. Argument OVER! You have no response to that. We just dont know what Sage can do at this point. We need more than 10 points a game. We need a spark. It cant get any worse.

p.s. 3 plays is not enough.

Argument NOT over. Kordell was already on thin ice heading into the season. He reached the Pro Bowl, and yet the Steelers would not extend his contract. Stewart had been benched before. And the Steelers were even considering starting Maddox over him in when the season began in the first place. You're twisting up my words. EVERBODY wanted Kordell on the bench. But that situation is much different than this one.

Tommy Maddox has been playing pro football for about 10 years. Sage is a kid who has played 3 downs.

And the Steelers were looking to make a PERMANENT switch to start. If we go to Sage, it'll be for one game. There won't be any "getting acclimated" or longevity for Sage. It's just not the same thing.

And it would also mean that we've officially elevated Sage to #2 and dropped Lucas to #3. And I don't know if the coaches are ready to do that (or that it's warranted).

I'm sorry, but Ray Lucas did not lose this game for us. I don't see the need to start over again with Sage. Now if Lucas flops next week, I wouldn't be opposed to yanking him maybe. But I think Ray will play better next week. At least I hope so.

Originally posted by booyeah_
Who cares about Mike Martz? He's an idiot! He is so stupid, he doesn't even give Marshall Faulk the ball. I'd take Norv over Martz.
thank you - the Rams win in spite of Martz - he only understands the passing game, but lacks an overview of how the O and D fit together :topic:

Back to Sage: I say play him ag. the Ravens because we lost 3 in a row and no other reason; and Lucas has been a huge part of all 3 losses.

Start Sage or Dickenson. He plays like **** and his teammates have NO CONFIDENCE at all in him anymore. He may play good in practice but so what? Kordell Stuart played good in practice and he got his ass benched for a backup, now the backup is winning games. Ray may look like the best quarterback in History in practice but he cant play in any real games. *coughs* Remember preseason? Everyone was saying he can be a starter next year, whell I really really doubt that will happen. He probably wont be able to get a backup job.

The bottom line is the offense with Ray is putting up 10 points every week... that is not going to get it done. With Jay the least we had was 21... and averaging 30 points a game... You can say well there were TO's and all that, but Jay dealt with TO's and never scored less then 21... There are tooo many weapons on this offense to not score points.. obviously Ray is not getting it done... a change needs to be made. we need to give Sage a shot.. You can say that Ray didn't lose this game.. but I saw at least 3 passes that were easy droped int's.. I've noticed with Ray that he locks in on his receiver before the snap and never takes his eyes off him... This makes it very easy for the D to jump on it.. At least when Sage was out there he was looking around...
I say we give him a shot... I don't think we can win with Lucas.
Fiedler get well soon.... Please!

He nearly had 3+ Ints. The only reason the defenders didnt catch them is he throw them SO hard that they couldnt, but he threw it so hard that the reciever had no chance either :(

listen, did any of you all watch the game last night? how can some of you guys say Ray played good or wasnt the reason we lost. need i remind you that our defense played relativly well. we held a team that put up 40 some odd points up against san diego last week to a mere 13. the problem here is that ray lucas could never get our offense going, and the jets knew that. their defense crowded the line taking away ricky williams game knowing that we didnt have a passing attack under lucas. lucas lost the last 3 games for us. period. his problem is that he's going out there trying to win a starting job that he will never have. he's over thinking his passes and making stupid decisions to improve his stats, he's trying way too hard. i say put sage in, again it cant get any worse. at least when sage comes in he will do so knowing full well who the starting qb for this team is (feidler) and he wont be trying to win his job. sage will be far more consciensious with the football knowing he's got nothing to prove and i think he will play far better than lucas. alright im done now sorry for the sermon.

GO FINS
AARON<><

Back
Top Bottom