does new schedule change Saban's 1st rd pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

does new schedule change Saban's 1st rd pick?

CharlestonPhan

just a little cattywampus
Reaction score
or his overall strategy for that matter...

taking into consideration the 2005-2006 schedule being (on paper) the league's toughest, i was curious if anyone thought that Coach Saban's draft strategy may change?

what i mean specifically is that it can certainly be argued that being competitive for a wild card spot this season is not as likely, due to the tough non division games scheduled.

seeing how i have no idea of the man's thought process at this point, do y'all think that Coach Saban may change from considering an "instant impact" type of player for a possible playoff run this year to a guy who may not make a splash this year, but in his estimation is a better long term answer at a certain position?

or maybe the exact opposite is true and he decides an impact player is what is needed to try to win as many games as possible this year with the schedule being what it is.

all this assumes we stay at #2 and not trade out of that spot of course.

Nope. I think his plan has always been towards the longer term no matter how hard or easy the schedule.

Nope, because a sch only reflects with one season then it is changed. A player reflects on the future for a team and that will last way longer then a sch.

He'll still do want he thinks our biggest need is.

Didn't you know you had the hardest schedule months ago??

I mean we've known our opponents this season since the end of the season.

Considering that next year's opponents have been known for months (the only thing that was not known was the exact date of the games), it's been known for months that the Dolphins had the toughest schedule in the league.

Losman7 said:
Didn't you know you had the hardest schedule months ago??

I mean we've known our opponents this season since the end of the season.
most of us knew that but atleast we dont think JP losman is the next jim kelly

This thread is about a waste of time!!!! Yeah, i'm thinking Saban's plan is going to be to build a team that can win regardless of who or where we play.

"This thread is about a waste of time!!!!"

and yet, you read the title, which is in no way misleading, and still chose to come here and post. apparently you have the time to waste, and chose to. why complain?

"Yeah, i'm thinking Saban's plan is going to be to build a team that can win regardless of who or where we play."

we can all assume that what you say in that quote from your post is true (about every coach). but i think you missed my point. being a new coach, wanting to make an impression as being competent as this level, and also turnaround last season's misfortune could be motivating factors when picking number 2 overall.

for example, choosing a running back that can be plugged right in to the starting lineup might factor into a coaches decision making process in order to win now, as opposed to drafting a QB that will hold a clipboard next year and maybe even the year after. picking a QB likely does not help the team "win regardless of when we play" next year, if he is second or third string, or even a rookie starter due to the learning curve. the exceptions at QB are few and far between.

"most of us knew that but atleast we dont think JP losman is the next jim kelly"

i dont know, i think they have alot in common... Losman wont win the Bills a super bowl either. :)

Ok everyone says we have the hardest schedule but who knows if mcgahee got injured and left losman alone oh no bills season gone or if brady holds out on the team or gets hurt oh no there goes patriots season considerthing they lost the heart of there defense already and pennington is more and more proving to me that hes injury prone so it may be an easy schdedule depending on how teams do and how players are

The schedule release was really only the dates set in stone. We've known our opponents for a while.

Back
Top Bottom