Does Ricky Williams fumbing problem worry any you Fin fans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Ricky Williams fumbing problem worry any you Fin fans?

Jets_Rule

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not trying to dog Ricky infact I think he a great RB, but he does have problems holding onto the ball.

His first season, in game 3, he fell akward on his arm after a tackle, hyper-extending his elbow (his elbow bent the other way), and he pretty much held onto the ball with one arm from then on..
Last year, after 400-some carries, he had 3 fumbles going into the last game of the season. Then he fumbled it 3 times on the last game: one he lost the rock, one the ball was knocked out of his hands, one was a shuffle pass that was low and behind him and hit him in the hip.

I am not going to say RW never fumbles, but I would say that his "fumble-itis" has been greatly exaggerated.

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
Don't you think 6 fumbles in 1 year is a lot?

Lamar dropped the rock 5 times on us last year including one on the one yard line in the NE game.

Ricky fumbled 6 times last year, but 3 were in a blow out loss the last game of the season. It was never something that was worked on with Ricky in NO but since it's been pushed in the media a lot this offseason there will be time spent working on that.

Rickey fumbled 8 times and lost 6 of them! But I think he will most likely work on that this off season!

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Lamar dropped the rock 5 times on us last year including one on the one yard line in the NE game.

Ricky fumbled 6 times last year, but 3 were in a blow out loss the last game of the season. It was never something that was worked on with Ricky in NO but since it's been pushed in the media a lot this offseason there will be time spent working on that.
just because he fumbled 3 times in a game that was a blow out that makes it ok?

No they count, BUT there is a diffrence between fumbling in a blowout and fumbling at the 1 yard line in a very important game(Lamar).

No ,Im not, I think (Believe it or not) alot of his fumbles had to do alot with the fact that he played on turf. He doesnt like playing on turf.

Well, it also guaranteed his wish to come true. He was traded. Not saying he fumbled 3 times in one game on purpose, but.........

BB

No it's not okay....but still very explainable.
I wonder how your concentration would be in a game where you are playing for a team that is going no where, you are getting blown out, you and your coach don't get along, and the whole city is disappointed that YOU didn't get them to the Superbowl.
Couple that with BB's theory and you have a plethora of reasons for ONE bad game.

no more than...

paying SCowart $3million after having an achilles tear.

it's got to be in the back of your mind after the Lamar's fumbles last year, but RW's got a clean slate so he gets the benefit of the doubt for now :D

Re: no more than...

Originally posted by jerwin825
paying SCowart $3million after having an achilles tear.
read his contract before you open your mouth. A lot of that money has to do with how much playing time he gives us.

Back
Top Bottom