Does Rob Konrad have any trade value? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Rob Konrad have any trade value?

SWS84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Should we trade Rob Konrad for a draft pick and pick up a lead blocker type in the later rounds or free agency? I think Konrad may be a better fit for some other offenses and may have some trade value. I don't see how Norv Turner is going to use Konrad and benifit from his strengths. Konrad has improved as a blocker, however, I think Deon Dyer is a better fit. If we can get a 3rd rounder or better I would pull the trigger and trade him.
:D :cooldude: :D

If Deon Dyer was even an adequate receiver I think Konrad would already be gone to the highest bidder. There are a few quality FBs in the draft to be had in the later rounds.

How much could we get for Konrad? How much to you give for a player in his 4th season that hasn't produced up to his 2nd round selection status? He isn't a big time blocker and hasn't been given the chance to show what he can do yet......so I'd say maybe a 4th rounder at best.......

Are you guys nuts?!? There is no need to trade Konrad. We wouldn't get much for him anyways...The only thing that drives me crazy about Konrad is that he fumbles a lil bit too much, but there are worse out there.

I don't have anything against Konrad. I think we may be better off with a better lead blocker, that's all. A player like Jamar Martin may be worth a look if he is available in the later rounds.
The Norv Turners offense I watched as a Cowboy fan in the early 90's rarely used the FB for anything other than blocking. Once in a while they would give Moose Johnson the ball, but that was just a treat for a hardworking son-of-a-gun. Another draft pick in the 3rd or 4th might give us another lineman or LB to look at.
:D :cool: :D

I see your point. Konrad is a good football player. But he is the type of player who should be getting some touches (receiving and/or rushing) every game. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't fit our scheme. If we can get a fourth rounder for him, I would go for it, and then draft a blocking fullback in the latter rounds to back up Deon Dyer. BUT on the other hand, Konrad brings versatility to the backfield and that is always a plus. So to me, it doesn't matter to me if he stays or goes. If he stays, I know he will contribute and help our team and if he goes I know it was done in the best interest for our team.

Konrad is perfect for Norv's system, he even said how much he will use Konrad this year. Konrad is one of the most talented FBs in the league.

Umm guys, anyone remember Moose Johnston? Big Daryl used to get the ball ALL the time in Norv's system in Dallas. Norv knows how to use the FB and TE, have no fear Konrad will be doing some damage this season.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Umm guys, anyone remember Moose Johnston? Big Daryl used to get the ball ALL the time in Norv's system in Dallas. Norv knows how to use the FB and TE, have no fear Konrad will be doing some damage this season.
Yea --- what 87 posted :confused: Marino1983

Didn't Moose make the Probowl a few years in a row too?!? Konrad is going to kick A@# this year :D

Didn't Chan gailey also say Konrad was to be used more? I can't believe everything Norv says until i see it.I'll wait until August.

Originally posted by SWS84
I don't have anything against Konrad. I think we may be better off with a better lead blocker, that's all. A player like Jamar Martin may be worth a look if he is available in the later rounds.
The Norv Turners offense I watched as a Cowboy fan in the early 90's rarely used the FB for anything other than blocking. Once in a while they would give Moose Johnson the ball, but that was just a treat for a hardworking son-of-a-gun. Another draft pick in the 3rd or 4th might give us another lineman or LB to look at.
:D :cool: :D

I sure disagree on this one. What if Norv accepts a head coaching position after this coming season? Konrad`s still young. I`d much rather have one kick ass blocker and one multidimensional FB on the roster.

that's crazy we have Dyer who kills LBs and Konrad who is a talented, but oft-injured FB. We're all set here. If Konrad stays healthy he could make the Pro Bowl in Norv system.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

I sure disagree on this one. What if Norv accepts a head coaching position after this coming season? Konrad`s still young. I`d much rather have one kick ass blocker and one multidimensional FB on the roster.

Actually Capt, Gailey came in and we all knew he didn't use the TE or FB much. It's not what a coach says, it is what he does. Look at Gailey's track record, and look at Norvs. Both ran the ball well, but Norv likes to dump the ball off to his outlet receivers more often.

This is why the TE and FB gets more touches.

Your right 39, I sure hope Konrad stays healthy

it didn't take me long to figure out,

Originally posted by DolFan31
Didn't Chan gailey also say Konrad was to be used more? I can't believe everything Norv says until i see it.I'll wait until August.
anything chan said was bull****!:p

Back
Top Bottom