Doe's Ronnie Brown = Edgerrin JAmes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doe's Ronnie Brown = Edgerrin JAmes

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
I remember when Edge started his 1st year he amassed 1553 rushing yards with a horrible o line. Peyton Manning got sacked like 71 times that year. Does that tell u something, You think Ronnie can amass those yardsor is it cuz Edge is better coming out of College that year? Your thoughts please

Thnk Finfans

I think Ronnie is going to be more of a Marshall Faulk type of back. I just feel that's how he's going to be used, a lot of screens....etc.

miami_mi said:
I think Ronnie is going to be more of a Marshall Faulk type of back. I just feel that's how he's going to be used, a lot of screens....etc.

I'd love too see that but I want Ronnie to break the recored of Emmitt Smith The yardage and TD's

well edge is a smaller more shifty back which sometimes works out better when you have a bad oline that doesn't put the holes where they are supposed to be... but i feel ronnie will have a 1600 yard season (combined yardage people) i think he'll be used a lot in the passing game...

Let's not put too much pressure on Ronnie, we have to be realistic, and maybe down the line he'll beat that yardage. I just don't see him smoking the league in his first year. I know he'll make an impact, but I don't see him feeling comfortable till next year.

1487 rushing yards
849 receiving yards

21 TD´s 16 rushing, 5 receiving :goof:

Al13 said:
1487 rushing yards
849 receiving yards

21 TD´s 16 rushing, 5 receiving :goof:

If you want to see that production, you better hope and pray our line blocks.

Ronnie is a bulldozer with soft, soft hands that can make a nickle corner/LBer look silly on routes. Talk about versatility and talk about MISMATCHES all over the field :).. like a previous poster said Ronnie Brown = Ronnie Brown.

FiN.in.RI said:
Ronnie is a bulldozer with soft, soft hands that can make a nickle corner/LBer look silly on routes. Talk about versatility and talk about MISMATCHES all over the field :).. like a previous poster said Ronnie Brown = Ronnie Brown.

i understand but im saying this the colts o line was horrible but how the heck did edge get so much yardage. our o line now is decent im sure ronnie is better and can get 1000 yards righht?

dominizzo said:
i understand but im saying this the colts o line was horrible but how the heck did edge get so much yardage. our o line now is decent im sure ronnie is better and can get 1000 yards righht?

I think Ronnie Brown will go over 1000 yards this season easily and I also think the offensive line will be a lot better than what people think.

This is a tough one. Edge is Dubbed the only player in the league without a weakness. And this lable comes from the big guns on the panels, John Madden being one of the people who has said this.

Now with Brown, we get the same kind of guy in terms of being very able in pass protection, and a guy who can catch and run. Edge is really in a league of his own though. His running style is so unique. He never takes a big hit, always gets his man on passing downs, and averages around 5 per carry. I think that Brown definatly has a chance to be great. Putting on teh same level as Edge right now isn't fair to him.
The numbers will do all the talking, that being said, if Brown even comes close to what Edge has done so far, we have really picked a gem.

miami_mi said:

LaDanian and Faulk are ELUSIVE backs, Brown runs people over. He's going to be like a much faster Lamar Smith for us. Cadillac could get through the hole and make the last safety miss with a great move, Brown wouldn't even try to juke the guy, he'd go right through him.

In college they'd miss the tackle but not in the NFL. Brown will have a lot of 15 and 20 yard runs but homerun hitter, nope. LaDanian and Faulk are homerun hitters because ontop of speed and power, they have elusiveness.

But hey, I like the pick and love the kid. He's got heart and that's REALLY what this team needs more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom