Does Ryan Tannehill flash Tim Tebow "like" intangibles? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Ryan Tannehill flash Tim Tebow "like" intangibles?

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-...l-hopefully-tim-tebow-fan-190500760--nfl.html

NOT AS A PASSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But just for a brief moment if we can compare the two -- who would seemingly be the future of the Dolphins/Jets rivalry -- it's quite interesting the similarities that are shared. Both were 1st round draft picks considered by the media to be "developmental type players", or "reaches" not worthy of their selected spots. They both are versatile athletic guys running with the football. And they show that uncanny natural leadership with the ability to motivate their teammates. Also they both stepped into an organization with huge expectatons of replacing Hall of Fame QB's respectfully. And to be honest, both are pretty decent people.

Now if you will, take out Tebow's passing inefficiencies and allow me to simply pose a question to you all. I hear this talk about how Ryan will eventually be the starter around mid-season or so. So that gets me wondering, do you guys think Tannehill is capable in his rookie campaign to replicate the success Tim was able to achieve in his?

Thanks, and please don't flame me.

Do NOT EVER mention Ryan and Tebow in the same sentence
again...

Is anyone capable of answering the question? Or is it nothing but meatheads on this site?

Could Ryan Tannehill win a playoff game in his rookie season?

Is anyone capable of answering the question? Or is it nothing but meatheads on this site?

Could Ryan Tannehill win a playoff game in his rookie season?
With the Broncos defense and Matt Prater? Pat White could win a playoff game.

Okay maybe not Pat White.

I didn't hate Tebow. He's a Christian and so am I so I was rooting for him to do well last year. It broked my heart that he went to the damn jets.

Ozzy rules!!

If Tebow had Tannehill's arm he would still be in Denver and Manning would not. Yes number1fin we can only hope Tanny has Tbows intangibles and I do see similarities.

I am hoping to see a little better decision making out Tanny though!

I didn't hate Tebow. He's a Christian and so am I so I was rooting for him to do well last year. It broked my heart that he went to the damn jets.

Ozzy rules!!
Plenty of football players are as Christian as Tebow. A significant number, even. Tebow is more in people's face about it though. Some people like that, some people that rubs the wrong way. I happen to be in the latter category. I could go on but I'm not trying to stir up that pot this evening.

When I said people hated Tebow I meant from a football perspective, not a personal perspective. No fan on this team wanted to touch him with a 10-foot pole when the Broncos were shopping him. There's a reason for that, that's all I meant.

Tebow is an anomaly. He is a running back with some passing skills. While I do not know what Tannehill can do or cannot do, I will take Tannehill any day over Tebow. Tebow and the Jets are a disaster in the making. Its like putting hot sauce on ice cream. They do not mix.
In fact I would prefer to have Garrard or Moore over Tebow any day.

I don't like Tebow flaunting his religion on the field and I am not afraid to say it.

When I think of Tebow's intangibles, I think of leadership and charisma. I don't see Tannehill on that level. I do see RGIII on that level. That brief interview at the draft? Star power, backed by actual command of the QB position. It will be interesting to see corporate america's take on RGIII. Will they show him the same type of love as Tebow? Tannehill has leadership, but not the natural charisma of these other two guys.

Back
Top Bottom