Does Saban Matter? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Saban Matter?

After witnessing last nights blunders in the 4th quarter, not sure what to think. Going into the season I found myself questioning several of Saban's decisions especially the Culpepper signing. The draft was a crap shoot but there were several players that I would have chosen over Allen.

It appears that he was only looking for players that he recruited or wanted to recruit while in college. I agree that he needs to start taking more advise from others like Mueller when it comes to talent evaluation. The only way his stay with the Dolphins is successful is if he gives up some of his control over personnel decisions.

I believe what Nick Saban needs right now is a Don Zimmer, that is to say, a knowledgeable pro coach or right hand man similar to what the Yankees Joe Torre had during their championships. If he continues like this next year (assuming he's still the coach) it's over.

You would have rather had several players over Allen, but our highly paid coaching staff and their months worth of scouting work and experience would have rather had Allen. Who should we listen too.

Your assuming he only wants to draft players he recruited. While he has more inside knowledge about those players...that is false. How many players that we have drafted did he really recruit? Probably a decent percentage, which you would have to expect, but in no means is that exclusive.

And how do you know who or how he receives advice from his staff. Do you know that he is ignoring Mullers decisions? I'm going to go ahead and say you don't have a clue how their process works. And since you don't, and since your whole little argument lies on the assumption you do, your point is basically irrelevant.

Nick Saban has a very accomplished staff around him consisting of successful personnel men, two ex-head coaches, and a top notch position staff. He needs to bring in more experience why?

This might be the worst thread I've ever seen on Finheaven. Not just the original post, but you guys kept it going like true poop-post Champions. Dan Marino as the ****ing next head coach? You've got to be out of your ****ing mind.

Ybell37 said:
The Jason Allen pick is looking more and more suspect. Tillman getting the nod over him in the nickel is a really bad sign. I thought and read that Allen was playing better but when you lose time to a mediocre player coming off injury its a sign that the coaches have little confidence in you.

There could be a whole lot of reasons for it other then that. He was substituted in at various positions in the secondary according to the game book. It seems reasonable that he's trying to work him at other positions while having the same amount of play time, as the eventual goal for him was stated to not just be the FS?

Ybell37 said:
Can't imagine how good this D would be with DeMeco Ryans starting on the outside. Lotsa teams passed on him in the first round but I have to think he had higher grades from a lot of scouts than Allen.

The D would not improve a whole lot with DeMeco Ryans started on the outside, because he'd look nowhere near as good and be wasted at strongside OLB.

And your favorite player from this years draft is the guy who has probably dropped as many if not more passes than he has caught? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
Well who the heck else is there to like from this years draft class? Thank you for proving my point.

You would have rather had several players over Allen, but our highly paid coaching staff and their months worth of scouting work and experience would have rather had Allen. Who should we listen too.

Your assuming he only wants to draft players he recruited. While he has more inside knowledge about those players...that is false. How many players that we have drafted did he really recruit? Probably a decent percentage, which you would have to expect, but in no means is that exclusive.

And how do you know who or how he receives advice from his staff. Do you know that he is ignoring Mullers decisions? I'm going to go ahead and say you don't have a clue how their process works. And since you don't, and since your whole little argument lies on the assumption you do, your point is basically irrelevant.

Nick Saban has a very accomplished staff around him consisting of successful personnel men, two ex-head coaches, and a top notch position staff. He needs to bring in more experience why?

Well Saves since you seem to have taken my opinions on the matter to heart; let me tell you something. First off my opinions are based solely on what appears to be going on to me. In no way shape or form did I ever claim to know what the hell I'm talking about. I'm not foolish enough to make that presumption so chill.

Second, I love this team more than any other that I root for (which include the Yankees hence the reference) so I have to the right to say whatever the hell I want.

Third, instead of trying to belittle my response and what I don't know, why not come up with your own reasons as to why he didn't have success this year? Honestly, I'd really like to hear your thoughts. Also, just for the record, I like Saban but like anyone else he is not above critisizm. I didn't expect him to take the Dolphins to the Super Bowl this year but like everybody else I did expect improvement from last season. In my OPINION he has two more years to make that possible.

They finish with a record worse than they had the year before so what exactly have they accomplished? Just curious.

In the postgame interview, Saban said: "Very disappointed that the players didn't get a win", Does that sound like a coach committed to staying? For all you Saban believers: time for the Kool Aid. Your prince is turning into a frog.

He is disappointed for his players because he cares about them so he must be leaving? I can't wait until Bama hires another coach so these ludicrous assumptions can stop.

Well who the heck else is there to like from this years draft class? Thank you for proving my point.
The 2 or 3 future starters and role players that came out of it. (Allen, Wright, Toledo, Hagan). They all have a good chance to be part of the turn around. The only one whos had a chance to really show what he is capable of is Hagan and he has more or less floundered it to this point.

They finish with a record worse than they had the year before so what exactly have they accomplished? Just curious.
I didn't take anything to heart, I just pointed out your poor logic supporting your argument. And I feel no need to describe what I think this offseason should consist of, because of the variables involved there is no way to make a semi-accurate statement of what we can feasibly do this offseason or not. So why post a useless trivial statement.

And regardless of their record this year, you specifically called for more experience to be added to this coaching staff. We have as much as you can get already. The point you made was frivolous.

Just a little question you might have an answer to.
What happened to YBell yesterday...he seemed lost the whole game and
got beat quite a few times for big plays.I guess his strong point is not in coverage but is in run support...to bad Jason Allen has to be one of the biggest disappointments in the NFL for "first round talent."

Is Allen's problems more mental than physical???:confused:

With our secondary having so many problems what does it say when Allen
cannot even break into the starting lineup??? :(

Anyone else in the first round having a sub-par year like Allen???

Last but not least...What are the Dolphins paying Allen to be
a "special teams player?"

I think Broderick Bunkley and Winston Justice are struggling in Philly...those guys looked good on paper.

Back
Top Bottom