Does This Kid Asiata Have Any Hope Of Stepping In And Doing Well? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does This Kid Asiata Have Any Hope Of Stepping In And Doing Well?

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing about his under performing arse. His cement shoes, bad footwork, lack of technique, etc...... Can he be coached up or does he lack all necessary qualities to play at the NFL level? He in essence red shirted last year in the hopes of getting a shot this season and now his chance is here!!! Time to sh*t or get off the pot. I don't think the Fins need any more dead weight on this team, they already have enough. He could be the Left Guard for years to come if he would just grab the bull by the horns. Do you know how many athletes would die for the opportunity that is staring this kid in the face right now???? Unbelievable..........:(

Isn't he on the practice squad?

Some o-lineman take 3-4 years before they are ready to play. All we know for sure on Asiata is that he isn't ready to play now because he hasn't figured out how to pass block. It's not out of the question that he could improve that aspect of his game. But I don't expect anything out of him in the short term.

I'd like to see it with my own eyes to know for sure but if a coach who's more qualified than I doesn't deem him worthy of even seeing the field, it's a closed case.

It is what it is, we knew after last year's draft this roster needed at least one more draft to really develop that competitive depth every franchise seeks.

Lineman will be plentiful next year, on both sides of the ball.

I'd like to see it with my own eyes to know for sure but if a coach who's more qualified than I doesn't deem him worthy of even seeing the field, it's a closed case.

I've always been of the opinion if a PS guy can't gt to the 53 by game 1 of year 3, move on to someone else. Not saying be a starter, but if they can't progress to ''backup,' I've seen enough. And I understand this is where someone names an exception that proves the rule. If Miami signs a journeyman OG and keeps Asiata on PS, I've DEFINITELY seen enough.

The problem as I see it with Asiata and his position is that pass blocking is more technique than brute strength. He is a powerful run blocker but apparently his technique is so bad that at some point in the game he will get the QB crushed. I believe he is dimwitted and just doesn't get it as far as being a professional in the NFL. When he was cut he's all thanking God for a new opportunity and trusting god for whatever.... dude, maybe your god got you cut and put on a practice squad so you'd figure out what you gotta do, dumbass.

I've always been of the opinion if a PS guy can't gt to the 53 by game 1 of year 3, move on to someone else. Not saying be a starter, but if they can't progress to ''backup,' I've seen enough. And I understand this is where someone names an exception that proves the rule. If Miami signs a journeyman OG and keeps Asiata on PS, I've DEFINITELY seen enough.

I don't get it. You said if a ps player can't make the 53 by game 1 of year 3 you've seen enough but then say you've seen enough of Asiata if he's not ready for the 53 now and he's early in his second season. Why are you willing to give Asiata less time than your rule for other players?

Didn't they move him back to the active roster? Anyway, careful what you ask for, he may be playing for real, and soon given Larson's history. I'm for putting him out there, although not against the Jests, and finding out if he's ever gonna be a keeper.

Agreed, if you don't have the potential to start, you shouldn't be on the PS.

The problem as I see it with Asiata and his position is that pass blocking is more technique than brute strength. He is a powerful run blocker but apparently his technique is so bad that at some point in the game he will get the QB crushed. I believe he is dimwitted and just doesn't get it as far as being a professional in the NFL. When he was cut he's all thanking God for a new opportunity and trusting god for whatever.... dude, maybe your god got you cut and put on a practice squad so you'd figure out what you gotta do, dumbass.

I never understand how people think if a player doesn't reach a fans expectations or or goals that makes the player "dimwitted" or a "dumbass." The player has got much closer to their dream than we fans have so if theyy're "dimwitted" what does that make us?

I think your expectations are too high, he was a 5th round pick.

Can you imagine the number of people who told the exact
same thing to a guard who played for us named Larry Little

He went undrafted then traded to us after 2 seasons and managed to make the pro bowl 5 times,all pro 1st team 5 times,all pro second team 2 times...and the NFL's hall of fame

Little was a key contributor to the success of the Dolphins' punishing running attack of the early and mid-1970s, which featured Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, and Jim Kiick as well as two superbowls

I'm not saying in any way shape or form Asiata
will/could be the player that Little was, I'm just
saying there were little expectations regarding Little
by other people.

His weight is down to 325 this year and he looked a lot better in pre season than he ever did last season. He was opening some holes in the running game. I think his pass blocking needs some work but he earned a practice squad spot based on his improvements from rookie season to this season. If his pass blocking improves I think you'll see him on the 53.

I don't get it. You said if a ps player can't make the 53 by game 1 of year 3 you've seen enough but then say you've seen enough of Asiata if he's not ready for the 53 now and he's early in his second season. Why are you willing to give Asiata less time than your rule for other players?

Because I was confused and thought this was his 3rd year.

Back
Top Bottom