Does This Kid Asiata Have Any Hope Of Stepping In And Doing Well? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does This Kid Asiata Have Any Hope Of Stepping In And Doing Well?

I'd love to have his run blocking ability on the left side of that line. He can really move people.

I'd be very concerned about his pass pro.

I'm tired of hearing about his under performing arse. His cement shoes, bad footwork, lack of technique, etc...... Can he be coached up or does he lack all necessary qualities to play at the NFL level? He in essence red shirted last year in the hopes of getting a shot this season and now his chance is here!!! Time to sh*t or get off the pot. I don't think the Fins need any more dead weight on this team, they already have enough. He could be the Left Guard for years to come if he would just grab the bull by the horns. Do you know how many athletes would die for the opportunity that is staring this kid in the face right now???? Unbelievable..........:(
NO

It has nothing to do with his intellect and it sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with his religion

The guy is just tooo slow footed for the NFL. They gambled they could get him better conditioned and speed up his footwork; not a bad gamble with a fifth IMO, but they have so far lost that gamble. They should sign Spencer Drango yesterday.

Being cut and then picked up for the practice squad isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. But, you never know.

I think OG/C needs to be a high priority in next years' draft IMHO.

Bad pick, even in the 5th. Just too limited upside. His advanced age entering the NFL and limited upside, meh.

On day three, take the player with the highest upside, not the safest upside.

I never understand how people think if a player doesn't reach a fans expectations or or goals that makes the player "dimwitted" or a "dumbass." The player has got much closer to their dream than we fans have so if theyy're "dimwitted" what does that make us?

Someone can be on an NFL team, yet be dimwitted when it comes to being a professional and lack the ambition to be a servicable starter. Being close to one's dream job does not make a person invulnerable to stupidity. His goal may very well be to be drafted to an NFL team and work on the practice squad, congratulations to him, that does not negate the criticism many have of him.

Someone can be on an NFL team, yet be dimwitted when it comes to being a professional and lack the ambition to be a servicable starter. Being close to one's dream job does not make a person invulnerable to stupidity. His goal may very well be to be drafted to an NFL team and work on the practice squad, congratulations to him, that does not negate the criticism many have of him.

That's utterly ridiculous. A practice squad player should have NFL talent and just be lacking the necessary coaching or technique to get out on the field as a starter. Not someone with stars in their eyes who's ultimate goal and ceiling is a practice/developmental squad. That's a waste of space.

Well, in all fairness, it was direct, to the point, and totally accurate.

If I'm not mistaken, Asiata is approaching 30 yrs old. He was a huge project when we drafted him. Looking for that diamond in the rough, and missed. It happens. I doubt he will ever be a starter.

That's utterly ridiculous. A practice squad player should have NFL talent and just be lacking the necessary coaching or technique to get out on the field as a starter. Not someone with stars in their eyes who's ultimate goal and ceiling is a practice/developmental squad. That's a waste of space.

I agree, but it seems that is what gregory was saying, that he has reached his goal and should not receive criticism because fans are not NFL players.

30 years old? Get rid of him and sign somebody else with an upside for heavens sake. His ship has sailed.

I watched his highlights in college and he looked good. Not sure why he isn't translating well to the NFL. Maybe Miami can keep replacing OG's over and over, use fresh guys every play. Larsen on one down, Asiata on one, Swanson on 3rd down. Etc etc

Back
Top Bottom