Does This Kid Asiata Have Any Hope Of Stepping In And Doing Well? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does This Kid Asiata Have Any Hope Of Stepping In And Doing Well?

I rated Asiata coming out and was happy we drafted him … but he hasn't lived up to the billing. As an over-age player, that's not a good sign. He is currently on the practice squad I believe, and has not even been brought up to the roster. I think the roster spot is still unfilled, which suggests they do not have much faith in Asiata.

I was very excited about Sitton, but he's gone. Next man up. Asiata, much to my disappointment, may not be that next man.

I agree, but it seems that is what gregory was saying, that he has reached his goal and should not receive criticism because fans are not NFL players.

Close to what I was saying. I'm just saying just because player doesn't succeed at the NFL level doesn't mean he's dimwitted, dumb or even lazy. Sometimes they just aren't ood enough and sometimes they just lack that extra desire to take it a step further. TO me it doesn't mean they're lazy or dumb just that that's not what they want to do. Even though I tend to act like a mother hen to most fans critcism of players, I tend toreally get triggered when fans go from judging the players on the field and attack their intellect or desire.

TO me it doesn't mean they're lazy or dumb just that that's not what they want to do.

giphy.gif

I always go back to a teacher I knew who consistently called a class mate lazy because he did always get his homework done on time, not knowing the kid was working two jobs while in high school. Not doing what people want you to do doesn't always mean you're lazy, sometimes it's just not important enough to you. We all know people who can't recall what they bread in a chapter of text book yet they can learn every word in the lyrics on a Taylor SwifT or Jay Z album. It shows they can learn things they view important to them. I remember telling a buddy of mine he knows too much about cars to qualify as dumb. Hell he knew cars inside out as well as some doctors know the human body.

Last edited:
Dude has been a failed 4th rounder who has NEVER ONCE flashed enough talent to get excited about him. So why are people still talking about him?

If Asiata is that good as a run blocker, can he not be used strategically? Short yardage or 3 TE sets or 3 step drops? At the least he could give our LG a couple of series of rest

Dude has been a failed 4th rounder who has NEVER ONCE flashed enough talent to get excited about him. So why are people still talking about him?

Because we are pretty desperate and looking internally for any solution.

Because he was actually a 5th round pick and 1 game into his second season. The league is full of players who became serviceable NFL players after not showing much year one.

Damn, the way you all are talking about the guy, you'd think he just got caught human trafficking. If a member of the practice squad of your favorite NFL team is eliciting this sort of response, it may be time to take a break from football for a bit.

Well, in all fairness, it was direct, to the point, and totally accurate.

If I'm not mistaken, Asiata is approaching 30 yrs old. He was a huge project when we drafted him. Looking for that diamond in the rough, and missed. It happens. I doubt he will ever be a starter.

Jesus Christ he ages like a cat

The simple fact that this dude is NOT in the immediate mix at LG is at least partial evidence that our talent acquisition and/or talent development is bush league -- certainly on the OL. Kinda like bulimia...

There's a reason we've been crap as a franchise for so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

The simple fact that this dude is NOT in the immediate mix at LG is at least partial evidence that our talent acquisition and/or talent development is bush league -- certainly on the OL. Kinda like bulimia...

There's a reason we've been crap as a franchise for so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Missing on a 5th round player had nothing to do with bad talent eval or player development. It’s just a 5th rounder that didn’t pan out. Every team has it happen every year.

Back
Top Bottom