Does this mean Chambers will be gone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this mean Chambers will be gone?

AquaAssasin said:
I guess you could say that if chambers got open like he was supposed to and caught easy balls that were thrown into his chest, we might have won more games.

pretty mute point dont you agree...

I would agree with that assesment except for one thing...

I'd have to say the point is moot, not mute :D

That says nothing about Chambers being on the outs. On the other hand, if we could trade him for a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Da 'Fins said:
That says nothing about Chambers being on the outs. On the other hand, if we could trade him for a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

The way we've drafted in the early rounds recently, i'm not sure if i would do that.

chambers or booker wont be gone, in fact i think we'll have the same set of recievers next year.

bigmiamifan said:
It means thank god we have Booker because Chambers sucks and Hagan is still a drop-o-holic.

And thank flip for our P/R..K/R....K...and part-time 3rd WR. :D

I am not going to say that CC is gone next year. However, Booker has been a solid #1 before with the Bears in 2001 (100 catches) and 2002 (97 catches). As far as the long ball CC has 79 catches of 20 or more yards and 15 catches of 40 or more yards in 90 games. While MB has 74 catches of 20 or more yards and 20 catches of 40 or more yards in 110 games. Still give the edge to CC going deep, but not as big of a difference as one might think. When it comes to the short and intermediate game I think it is no comparison...MB wins hands down.

gottahavefootba said:
It means we would keep Booker as our #2.

It also means we still need a #1 reciever !!!!!!!!!

I´m not liking chambers lately ... if he goes i wont miss him

RenoFinFan said:
I am not going to say that CC is gone next year. However, Booker has been a solid #1 before with the Bears in 2001 (100 catches) and 2002 (97 catches). As far as the long ball CC has 79 catches of 20 or more yards and 15 catches of 40 or more yards in 90 games. While MB has 74 catches of 20 or more yards and 20 catches of 40 or more yards in 110 games. Still give the edge to CC going deep, but not as big of a difference as one might think. When it comes to the short and intermediate game I think it is no comparison...MB wins hands down.
+

Well Chambers doesn't run short or intermediate passes, so how can you come to that conclusion? Does everyone forget the Dallas game where Chambers had those wonderful catches? Guess what, you think Fiedler was throwing deep passes? From what I can remember, they were not deep passes but Chambers turned them into big plays with some serious YAC.

Da 'Fins said:

It doesn't really sya it directly, but it seems interesting how its mentioned how much Chambers has struggled, while Booker has been regarded as a solid player like there are some implications. I don't know why "Chambers without 100 yards until 14 games into the season" was stated if this was just about Booker. I wasn't sure what Miami was going to do regarding the no.1 WR with keeping Chambers there.But if they draft one, then that would now mean that Chambers would be out since Booker will be playing longer for Miami and has solidified the no.2. The question before this report was whether Booker was going to be traded/release or not, but now it seems that he will still around for a little while longer.

I've liked Booker since he's been here. Wide Receivers have a much longer shelf life than most other positions. You can play well into your 30s, and I imagine Booker being just like those guys.

jdang307 said:
+

Well Chambers doesn't run short or intermediate passes, so how can you come to that conclusion? Does everyone forget the Dallas game where Chambers had those wonderful catches? Guess what, you think Fiedler was throwing deep passes? From what I can remember, they were not deep passes but Chambers turned them into big plays with some serious YAC.
What do you mean he doesn't run short to intermediate passes? Do you realize he has 52 catches for 611 yards for 11.8 yards per catch. Does this sound like a guy that only runs deep patterns. Are you inferring that he catches the ball and then runs 20 or 30 yards back towards the line of scrimmage before being tackled? I am basing my opinions on Booker having the better hands and running better patterns from what I have seen.

comon guys lay off chambers

I THINK ITS STRANGE THAT ANY PLAYER FOR ANOTHER TEAM CAN HAVE A BAD YEAR BUT OUR PLAYERS CANT. i admitt chis is having a bad ear but it doesnt make him a bad receiver. plus i think we should be focusing more on the offensive coordinator this changing qbs and oc's every year doesnt help at all.

maverick50 said:
I THINK ITS STRANGE THAT ANY PLAYER FOR ANOTHER TEAM CAN HAVE A BAD YEAR BUT OUR PLAYERS CANT. i admitt chis is having a bad ear but it doesnt make him a bad receiver. plus i think we should be focusing more on the offensive coordinator this changing qbs and oc's every year doesnt help at all.
Any player is entitled to "a bad year", but hell Chambers has only broken 1000 yards once in his six seasons and averages a little more than 7 td's a year over his career. Doesn't sound like a #1 to me, a solid #2 is all Chambers is or probably will be. If anything I wouldn't say CC is having a "bad year", I would say he has only had one good year.

Back
Top Bottom