Does this mean Chambers will be gone? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this mean Chambers will be gone?

Chris Chambers is just not the type of kid who gets it done consistently. I wouldn't call him an upper echelon receiver.

Booker is very very solid. I like him.

I'd like to move Chambers and bring in Dwayne Jarrett. I see playmaker at receiver a major problem area for this team. We should be able to get a 1st day pick for Chris. He's not at the level of a Deion Branch, who was a super bowl MVP and fetched a low first rounder, but I'd think we can get a 2nd rounder for Chambers.

McMike is also a major problem. Unfortunately, I don't think we can dump him.

Biggest needs to me are LT, sam, wr, and cb. This team is at least two really good drafts away from being really good. But make no mistake about it, our wide receivers and tight ends are positions that lull us into thinking we are in a good shape, but in reality are problem areas.

So.JerseySam said:
Any player is entitled to "a bad year", but hell Chambers has only broken 1000 yards once in his six seasons and averages a little more than 6 td's a year over his career. Doesn't sound like a #1 to me, a solid #2 is all Chambers is or probably will be. If anything I wouldn't say CC is having a "bad year", I would say he has only had one good year.

He has had around 900 yards and 7 TDs every season but his soph year. I'd say he's been pretty good every year. The problem is people want him to be Marvin Harrison or TO and it just isnt going to happen. Elite WR arent easy to find, every teams #1 isnt going to be a hall of famer, people need to accept that.

Any player is entitled to "a bad year", but hell Chambers has only broken 1000 yards once in his six seasons and averages a little more than 7 td's a year over his career. Doesn't sound like a #1 to me, a solid #2 is all Chambers is or probably will be. If anything I wouldn't say CC is having a "bad year", I would say he has only had one good year.

how are the stats for the rest of our offense in those 6 years? you cant just throw chambers under the bus when you consider how many OC's and QB's we have gone through in that time. our offense has been struggling for a long time, his "1 good season" was also the best OC we have had here in a while. if we had linehan and his system here this year, i have no doubt CC would be a probowler once again.

I would not trust or read into anything that Profootball Weekly has to say.

FanMarino said:
And thank flip for our P/R..K/R....K...and part-time 3rd WR. :D

Oh absolutely. He single handed won two games I think. We need to lock him up for life, he just catches, takes the hits and plays hard. Why can't all WRs (on our team) simply catch the ball?

I'm happy with Marty's performance this year... im very surprised too. Sure he's probably getting more looks this year with Joey in there now, as that article mentioned.... joey prefers the shorter routes that booker is running.. but... i think we need to keep him around next year no matter what.

So.JerseySam said:
Chambers shouldn't be getting a #1 receivers paycheck either.....
if he drops another one id say Bye Bye, CC So long, Nice to have known ya Sianara Kaysara kaysara What ever will be wil beoh and um buh bye!:sidelol:

slyfox13 said:
if he drops another one id say Bye Bye, CC So long, Nice to have known ya Sianara Kaysara kaysara What ever will be wil beoh and um buh bye!:sidelol:

How many drops does chambers have compared to the rest of the league? I'm curious and I'm not well-versed in the sites that track these things.

bigmiamifan said:
Oh absolutely. He single handed won two games I think. We need to lock him up for life, he just catches, takes the hits and plays hard. Why can't all WRs (on our team) simply catch the ball?

Same goes for our "Premier TE'" as well. :wink:

chambers is not the problem....he has had to deal with 6 different offensive coordinators since he has been here and has not had a quarterback to throw it to him...as for mcmichael, the only thing wrong with him is his mental toughness. he has way too many procedure penalties throughout the course of the game and they always seem to occur when we cant afford it, which is most of the time. but ability wise he is among the top tight ends in the league we just dont utilize tight ends in our offense we haven't since marino left

marinoisgodinRI said:
chambers is not the problem....he has had to deal with 6 different offensive coordinators since he has been here and has not had a quarterback to throw it to him...as for mcmichael, the only thing wrong with him is his mental toughness. he has way too many procedure penalties throughout the course of the game and they always seem to occur when we cant afford it, which is most of the time. but ability wise he is among the top tight ends in the league we just dont utilize tight ends in our offense we haven't since marino left

But how long does "ability" become a tag and not reality? Im wondering because MacMike has 46 catches for 1 TD! We seem to have a couple of "ability" players on our O than cant get it in the endzone. Harrington/Malarkey cant be helping though and i think its more to do with that than the players themselves.

Booker and Welker are dominant intermediate WR's. Very quick and precise on their routes which is why Harrington favors them over Chambers. Chambers still doesn't run crisp routes and slows down tremendously when making cuts. I would love to see Chambers succeed, but at the same time, he's at the point where his welcome is being worn out in my eyes. I don't like what I see from him. His fire is inconsistent and he's consistently been unreliable.

Back
Top Bottom