Does this mean Chambers will be gone? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this mean Chambers will be gone?

Chambers is pretty secure. However, he does need to live up to his talent and be a physical receiver he hasn't displayed to date.

Keep in mind Chambers spent all offseason working with Daunte to get the timing down. Did it translate into the first games of the year? no. Does it take other star receivers 9 games to get on the same page as the new QB? no. Do I still think Chambers is a gamebreaker waiting to happen? yes. But my patience is wearing thin....it took him 8 games to get anything going last year, and 12 games this year. He HAS to step up next year.

GoonBoss said:
I'm no CC fan, but, why eliminate the one field stretcher we have?

To get a real field stretcher, not a pretender.

dolfanate1 said:
Keep in mind Chambers spent all offseason working with Daunte to get the timing down. Did it translate into the first games of the year? no. Does it take other star receivers 9 games to get on the same page as the new QB? no. Do I still think Chambers is a gamebreaker waiting to happen? yes. But my patience is wearing thin....it took him 8 games to get anything going last year, and 12 games this year. He HAS to step up next year.

yep. To me, if you have a chance to trade for a real steal in the second round at any position, then you trade CC and try to get Moss for Daunte. Big Motivation for Daunte IMO.

We better hope Hagan develops into a #1 WR because I don't see Booker as a #1 and CC just isn't living up to any team's need for production from a #1 WR.

jdang307 said:
How many drops does chambers have compared to the rest of the league? I'm curious and I'm not well-versed in the sites that track these things.

T.O. has the most drops in the NFL this season, and people were clamoring to get him before the season.

Why am I hearing so much Welker bashing in this thread. Through the first half of the season he was pretty much the only WR we had. Return guy or not he was the one out there fighting for first downs and catching balls everytime they were thrown to him. I don't know of any teams with a #3 WR like him. Personally I don't want to lose any of our WRs. I think they are all solid good WRs and Hagan has potential but I will agree that Chambers has let us down an awful lot this year. I just wish we had drafted Chad Jackson from Florida instead of the stinking Patriots.

Oh yeah and Culpepper is not our answer. I am not saying Joey definitely is but Culpepper definitely is not. I hope I get proved wrong though.

I like CC, but I am starting to doubt his #1 WR credibility. I'm starting to believe he is more of a Reggie Wayne....we just need to find the legitimate #1 receiver for him to compliment. I think, if we could get that #1 receiver in the draft, or FA, CC could be far more effective in that #2 role. Until then, he is our only option at #1 WR, and unless they bring something better in, it would be unwise to get rid of him.

Chambers is just having an off year so far, he has all the skills of a number 1 receiver.

Miami1 said:
Chambers is just having an off year so far, he has all the skills of a number 1 receiver.
Spoken like a true homer. Nice. Chambers is not a #1 receiver in this league. Period. He would make probably the 3rd or 4th best #2 in the league behind Wayne, Bruce, etc....

Back
Top Bottom