Does this mean Chambers will be gone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this mean Chambers will be gone?

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is from profootballweekly:

"We hear that WR Marty Booker’s $3.1 million salary for next year now looks more palatable for a team that is expected to be well below the projected salary cap for ’07. After appearing to be on the outs with the team earlier this season as he battled nagging injuries, Booker has emerged as QB Joey Harrington’s go-to receiver now that he’s healthy, particularly on the short and intermediate routes that Harrington seems to prefer. With fellow starting WR Chris Chambers having struggled — Chambers went 14 straight games without a 100-yard receiving performance until Week 13, when he had 121 yards in receptions in a loss to Jacksonville — Booker is giving Miami a much-needed playmaking option out wide. He has scored three touchdowns in the last two games. Rookie WR Derek Hagan has been plagued by several dropped passes and hasn’t shown he’s ready to assume a starting role, so we hear it’s likely the team will keep Booker, who turns 31 next July and is noted for being a solid team player, in the starter’s role for another year."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afceast
My apologies if this has already been posted, but I don't recall seeing this posted yet, so...

Yeah I don't see how you get that Chambers might be gone. The fact it goes on to say Hagan isn't ready to start yet should have given you a clue. Unless you want Welker to be your #2.

Booker's done a good job of not falling down the past couple of games.

What that means to me is- Harrington? What about Culpepper? Isnt he our main QB? Booker is IMO putting up better numbers but he had better not ask for No1 WR pay cheque. If he does then bye bye Booker. Chambers isnt performing as well as last year but we need to get a reality check here guys. If Chambers isnt the answer then i say we dont bank on a 31 yr old No2 WR and a Punt/Kick returner/No3 WR and Hagan!
Like the quote said Harrington favors short to mid pass-receivers. I thought Culpepper was our future QB? I say we Draft or get a Free agent "quality" WR if we are looking at keeping Booker. We cant afford Chambers/Booker for the productivity they are giving.

Isn't Booker's cap number kind of high for next year? He's probably going to get released and were going to pick up a FA WR or draft one with the depth that the draft has at WR.

Chambers shouldn't be getting a #1 receivers paycheck either.....

PhinFan0202 said:
Isn't Booker's cap number kind of high for next year? He's probably going to get released and were going to pick up a FA WR or draft one with the depth that the draft has at WR.

Not really considering he has no signing bonus. It could easily be put off a year by accelerating the $3.1-$3.2 million salary into bonus. Don't really need to though. That's about average for a starting receiver not on his rookie contract.

Wouldn't it hurt us more to get rid of Chambers, he signed that extension pretty recently didn't he?

RoninFin4 said:
Wouldn't it hurt us more to get rid of Chambers, he signed that extension pretty recently didn't he?

well if we were to do anything with it chambers we would certainly trade him at least, not just release him.

MarinoEqualsGod said:
Booker's done a good job of not falling down the past couple of games.

That he has. Mare's missed fieldgoals are on the same level as Booker's slips. Those have cost us a game or two.

malzj said:
That he has. Mare's missed fieldgoals are on the same level as Booker's slips. Those have cost us a game or two.

Booker's slips haven't cost us anything except field position. You defintely can't compare him to Mare in terms of costing us the game.

byroan said:
Booker's slips haven't cost us anything except field position. You defintely can't compare him to Mare in terms of costing us the game.

If Booker didn't fall down all the time, we'd be 6-6. I believe it was the Houston game that he slipped and the ball went sailing by where he should have been, on either a 4th down or the 2 point conversion. Forgive the fogginess, that game made me start drinking...heavily. But i can still recall him slipping on a key play in the endzone.

MarinoEqualsGod said:
If Booker didn't fall down all the time, we'd be 6-6. I believe it was the Houston game that he slipped and the ball went sailing by where he should have been, on either a 4th down or the 2 point conversion. Forgive the fogginess, that game made me start drinking...heavily. But i can still recall him slipping on a key play in the endzone.

I guess you could say that if chambers got open like he was supposed to and caught easy balls that were thrown into his chest, we might have won more games.

pretty mute point dont you agree...

Back
Top Bottom