Does this rebuttal represent fans on X? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this rebuttal represent fans on X?

He doesn’t want more.
Nevertheless, it's ridiculous for him to demand anything at this point. In year two after becoming the highest paid CB in the league to come out and say he's "significantly outperformed" his deal? When he only played five games the first year? And where does the "disrespect" bit come from? It's hard to deal with people who live in their own private reality like that.

My guess is he knew his contract would be beaten soon, but that his pride was wounded by the fact that it was the Dolphins themselves who did it when they signed B. Jones. But that's just ego. Suck it up, X, the B. Jones contract is about how the Fins value the CB position, not a reflection on X himself.

I support his stance on wanting more guaranteed money which is within his contract.

...Who did he throw under the bus?
Ok, I wouldn't have a problem with that either if that was all.

He very clearly threw Jones under the bus with his "I feel disrespected" trade demand.

Ok, I wouldn't have a problem with that either if that was all.

He very clearly threw Jones under the bus with his "I feel disrespected" trade demand.
I wouldn't say that he threw Jones under the bus. If anything, you could include the drafting of Igbo as well.

The more and more I think about this, **** him. Move on from his ungrateful ass. Like the article points out, we signed him when he was a big question mark for us as the highest paid cb at the time.

Like coach Carter says when he first takes over the team:

Player: there goes our leading scorer last year...

Coach Carter: well I guess we'll have a new leading scorer this year won't we.

Something in me still wants this to work out but man... he can go kick rocks damnit!!

How injury prone has Howard been?

It seems that's the narrative I hear from people who feel that Howard should be grateful the Dolphins gave him a contract while he was injured.

The question to be asked is, "How injured was Howard?" Another question is, "Was Howard even injured at all?"

He had a season-ending knee injury that didn't involve his ACL or MCL. What kind of season-ender was it?

My thoughts are as a poster said on here...the team put him in him in bubble-wrap and stashed him on the shelf.

How injury prone has Howard been?

It seems that's the narrative I hear from people who feel that Howard should be grateful the Dolphins gave him a contract while he was injured.

The question to be asked is, "How injured was Howard?" Another question is, "Was Howard even injured at all?"

He had a season-ending knee injury that didn't involve his ACL or MCL. What kind of season-ender was it?

My thoughts are as a poster said on here...the team put him in him in bubble-wrap and stashed him on the shelf.
Did you really just ask how injury prone he is? Do you really need verification on how many games he's missed? I don't know what your trying to prove by those questions but it's irrelevant really, because bottom line is all those games were missed, whether from a serious injury or non serious. And we still signed him at the highest rate for a cb at the time.

I usually agree with and am on board with your posts but this one is way out there...

Did you really just ask how injury prone he is? Do you really need verification on how many games he's missed? I don't know what your trying to prove by those questions but it's irrelevant really, because bottom line is all those games were missed, whether from a serious injury or non serious. And we still signed him at the highest rate for a cb at the time.

I usually agree with and am on board with your posts but this one is way out there...
What happened in 2019?

Neither his ACL or MCL had any damage...yet he was put on injured reserve.

What is so damaging in the knee that can cost you to miss 11 games?

This is a really basic question but… why can’t we pay him 3 mil more a year for the next two or three years on his deal? We have the cap space. It’s not OUR personal money. Is this just a matter of principle?

JMO, but I suspect Miami offered a 'little' increase just to get the mess behind them. It's just the path of least resistence. Was that little increase $1.5mm? $3mm? That is why I think this isn't about 'respect' - it's about a LOT more money. Since there is no report (rumor) from a team spokesperson suggesting a deal is 'close,' I have to suspect (DUH) X's agent misread the market.

What happened in 2019?

Neither his ACL or MCL had any damage...yet he was put on injured reserve.

What is so damaging in the knee that can cost you to miss 11 games?

So your point is that they didn't take him out because of a knee injury? I'm just trying to clarify before I can make any kind of rebuttal.

Remember, he had surgery on his knee in Dec. Of 2019.

So your point is that they didn't take him out because of a knee injury? I'm just trying to clarify before I can make any kind of rebuttal.

Remember, he had surgery on his knee in Dec. Of 2019.
Yes, that's what I'm saying.

I'm also going to point out that his surgery was arthroscopic:

Guy making 15mil a year to play an awesome game I don’t make enough, me over here making 50k a year scratching my head. Yes he is an amazing player and probably a wonderful person but c’mon man you just restructured and signed a new contract. If he wants a trade trade him. Will he be missed of course but on the flip side he has missed more games than he has played/ setting a new bar in pay scale for a guy thats usually only available for 50% of the games makes zero sense. I wish him the best

Back
Top Bottom