Does this trade end the Surtain trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this trade end the Surtain trade?

BlueFin said:
Yes, the Chiefs plan to convert Hall to corner, they feel he will become a premier corner.

I heard that....just like Zach moving to safety!:roflmao:

The Chiefs couldn't have given up much.

BUT...

It's still one less draft pick for them - and that may affect how willing they are to continue giving up picks.

I think we'll get a 2nd rounder for Surtain still, but I'll bet KC is trying to get a 5th from us in that trade.

This may sound a bit like rationalization but it may be interpreted that deals are being closed and that the Surtain deal may soon follow.KC's window of opportunity is closing.This is probably Vermeils last year.If they are going to make a push for the SB this is the year.All stops should be pulled.

Surtain will go to the chiefs for a 2nd this year and a 4th next that is my guess

fishypete said:
He's was a restricted free agent....and the Chiefs don't have a third round pick. Hmm?
KC does have a 3rd rd pick. It was a comp pick award by the league. They just dont have a tradeable 3rd rd pick since comp picks cant be dealt

doesn't effect the trade at all. Hall and Pat play 2 different positions. Plus, it's no garuntee that Hall will be a starter.

BlueFin said:
Yes, the Chiefs plan to convert Hall to corner, they feel he will become a premier corner.

LMAO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Kansas City is just trying to bolster a pretty sad DE situation with this trade. Surtain is still very high on their list, and something will get done there soon. Despite all of the posturing on both sides, everybody wants this trade to happen.

Thats one hell of a pickup for the Chiefs. Carlos Hall is young and hasnt played his best football yet. I dont think this hurts our chances of still getting a deal done.

I think Hall is a good pickup. If they in fac,t gave up a fifth for him though, I would be even more insulted about the fourth thay are offering for a Pro Bowl CB. Hopefully, if the trade happens, it is for a second and another pick next year.

If they are going to give up a 5th round pick for a 2nd tier DE, they need to seriously pony up the 2nd round pick for pat. Anything less would be a major insult and we should tell them it is over and stop wasting our time.

Carlos Hall didn't do too good last year, I think he only got 2.5 sacks.

Back
Top Bottom