Does this trade end the Surtain trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this trade end the Surtain trade?

I don't think so. The Chiefs have alot of holes on their D...and I seriously doubt they gave up their second rounder for him.

fishypete said:
Chiefs | Hall Acquired Via Trade with Titans
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:27:34 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs have traded an undisclosed 2005 NFL Draft choice to the Tennessee Titans for DE Carlos Hall, who was a restricted free agent.

Nope. If anything it means that the Chiefs are more sure they will be landing a top flight corner and they know how much room they will have after he is signed.

this trade was talked about on kffl a few weeks ago.

Hall was a 7th round RFA, and the Chiefs were talking to the Titans about a 6th....I bet thats what it ends up being

He's was a restricted free agent....and the Chiefs don't have a third round pick. Hmm?

I don't think so...the Chiefs seem to be looking to win now to bolster their week defense...they are probably staring to realize that they will not be able to keep such a prolific offense in tact much longer...IMO

Why would the aquisition of a de worth a 7th round pick keep them from picking up one of the best cornerbacks in the league?

BlueFin said:
Yes, the Chiefs plan to convert Hall to corner, they feel he will become a premier corner.

Gee Blue...if we ever need comic relief...we'll know whom to call. :D

Maybe you played on that comic show....you know...Saturday night Dead?

Doubt it. They would be stupid to trade a 2nd rounder for him and not Surtain.

byroan said:
Doubt it. They would be stupid to trade a 2nd rounder for him and not Surtain.

Actually I was concerned at the start that they may have used their 4th rounder and would be less likely to use their 2nd for Surtain, since they don't have a 3rd round pick. But from what others have stated...it seems they only used a late round pick for the DE.

the jets got a 7th rounder for a starting MLB former probowler.

i wouldnt expect the chiefs gave up a 1st day pick for him.

Yep the Jets got raped on that trade, freakin Vikes they seem to be ready to atleast field a defense this year.

Back
Top Bottom